FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

+K, Monrovia Cat. Runner is my favorite grass field.

Swede, I'll not be surprised if you show up somewhere in a blue and gold hat. They really should present you with one.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: swede on July 31, 2014, 01:16:34 AM
>:(
Quote from: MonroviaCat on July 30, 2014, 08:14:38 PM
Quote from: olddog on July 30, 2014, 03:17:35 PM
The players love playing on it. I think it is safer than turf. Over the years I have heard some funny comments, if not a perfect green hue it is not in good shape. Next time you are at UR, go stand in the end zone and you will the surface is well taken care of.
For what it's worth DOC enjoyed laying on the field at the runner when we were there watching MHB beat Redlands last season.  It is a nice grass field....which works well in the desert.....

Due to the extreme drought conditions in Southern Cal. the city has banned all watering of athletic fields. Sand will be put down to help cushion the field  ;D.
That explains why the had the water main burst yesterday.....had to water things somehow....
Go Cats!

olddog

Remedial Geography lessons start this fall, please enroll ...the class is free at UR

BTW since facts do not matter on a message board, most of the area in Redlands is on ground water. If CA would not have given water to almond farmers at 1/100 cost us consumers pay and the other agencies at the risk of knocking down a tree put in proper infrastructure, there would be no news to report on this topic. Cali has gone the way of the great north, more worried about governmental employee salaries and pensions, than long term planning, businesses and education.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

MonroviaCat

Quote from: olddog on July 31, 2014, 10:54:44 AM
Remedial Geography lessons start this fall, please enroll ...the class is free at UR

BTW since facts do not matter on a message board, most of the area in Redlands is on ground water. If CA would not have given water to almond farmers at 1/100 cost us consumers pay and the other agencies at the risk of knocking down a tree put in proper infrastructure, there would be no news to report on this topic. Cali has gone the way of the great north, more worried about governmental employee salaries and pensions, than long term planning, businesses and education.
My bad--I meant to quote the comment about UCLA not watering fields in reference to the water main break...wasn't trying to relate it to Redlands.
Go Cats!

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on July 31, 2014, 03:32:09 AM
Swede, I'll not be surprised if you show up somewhere in a blue and gold hat. They really should present you with one.

He's already beat you to the punch, Dens. 

olddog

Quote from: wildcat11 on July 31, 2014, 01:02:33 PM

He's already beat you to the punch, Dens.

Cat,

Watching the DWP fumble around for two hours, loosing 20m gallons of water and all the damage was criminal, some even reach the football lockers to keep this on topic. Old Dog has been involved in some big water projects before retirement, not that tough to turn valves, just have to know where they are and be ready. Typical governmental monopoly, response was not done by the book, no accountability for being inept, pensions will get paid, and they will be back at the PUC asking for more money down the road.

Back to football, I am ready, I was talking to some Chapman Football fans about LF, they have no clue what is about to happen to them, I told them not to miss the game, it will be a wake up to them. They have no clue what it is like to play at a top 10 D3 level team. In reality the top D3 teams could hang with an average 1AA team. I am not say they would win, but the game would be competitive.

Bring your sunblock...

OD

D O.C.

Chapman and Redlands are at 7pm.

Maybe you were alluding to the scorching they'll receive?   8-)

olddog

For those that have not been to UR in September, the sun is still blasting hot at 7pm and it will be most likely 90+ before the sun goes down into the second quarter. Look forward to watching the Cats pant a bit, before the game.

Regarding getting scorched, that was a good one. Tell your boys to be ready, the dogs will be ready.

wildcat11

Quote from: olddog on July 31, 2014, 06:45:36 PM
Look forward to watching the Cats pant a bit, before the game.

Wait...it might be hot during a football game?  Oh no!!!!!

In other news...Whitworth will be running an up-tempo, minimal substitute offense this season.  With "Tully Ball" dead and gone I submit the new offense be known as "The Rat Raid" offense.

CalCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on July 31, 2014, 07:11:05 PM
Quote from: olddog on July 31, 2014, 06:45:36 PM
Look forward to watching the Cats pant a bit, before the game.

Wait...it might be hot during a football game?  Oh no!!!!!

In other news...Whitworth will be running an up-tempo, minimal substitute offense this season.  With "Tully Ball" dead and gone I submit the new offense be known as "The Rat Raid" offense.

As our old friend Snoopdog would say "hydrate...hydrate...hydrate".  ( #gone but not forgotten )
CalCat

Gray Fox

Quote from: CalCat on August 01, 2014, 05:31:36 PM

As our old friend Snoopdog would say "hydrate...hydrate...hydrate".  ( #gone but not forgotten )
He is missed, indeed. :P
Fierce When Roused

swede

+K, Monrovia Cat. Runner is my favorite grass field.

Actually they did  8-) spoke with all the coaches.  Nice chatting with the two from Whitworth at the Duke center....they asked me if I had my season tickets yet. Those guys thought since I had A GF hat on I was a big GF fan. I told them the hat will come off and go on the shelf with the others but my tattoo will always be there...showed them the big Wildcat on my left arm. Geesh...they are not nearly as friendly now. 

RedandPurple

I was somewhat disappointed the 2004 National Championship Football Team will not be inducted into the 2014 Linfield Hall of Fame.  :'(
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

wildcat11

Quote from: RedandPurple on August 03, 2014, 02:07:26 PM
I was somewhat disappointed the 2004 National Championship Football Team will not be inducted into the 2014 Linfield Hall of Fame.  :'(

Yeah...but their time will come sooner rather than later. That was an incredible group.