SUNYAC 2016

Started by Golden_Fan, August 31, 2016, 07:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

3-0 Oneonta over Cortland. Total domination especially 2nd Half. They looked very sharp. If you didn't watch the game and just glanced at the box score, you would think it was an even game besides the score. Shots / Corners and SOG looked somewhat even but in reality they dominated Cortland. That's why it is hard to compare teams by glancing at just box scores. I am guessing Byrne would play SLU in the regular season because he would play anyone anywhere. I wonder if SLU does not want to play them because it would be a great non-conference game to see how each team stacks up. Maybe they do not play regular season because they figure they will see each other in the NCAA's.

stlawus

Last time they played non-conference was 2011, and then ended up meeting each other in the Sweet 16.  With Durocher as AD I expect to see them on them frequently on the schedule in the coming years.

PaulNewman

A two day early season event with two doubleheaders involving 1-2 top SUNYACs, SLU, Rochester, and a top 4 NESCAC would be fantastic.

Golden_Fan

After seeing a little of the plattsburgh game today I have to say that oneonta is still the team to beat

Golden_Fan

Halftime for Brockport and Oneonta. It is actually pretty even with brockport holding a 4-3 advantage in shots

Golden_Fan

Brockport and Oneonta still tied at 0 and headed into OT. Brockport still hold a 9-8 advantage in shots.

Other updated scores:
Cortland 3 Plattsburgh 0
Fredonia 2 Buff State 1
Geneseo 2 New Paltz 1
Potsdam 2 Oswego 1

Golden_Fan

Brockport has a PK saved in the first OT and they end up tied which is a fair result for how both teams played

PaulNewman

What is up with Plattsburgh?  4-0 loss to Cortland followed by a 3-0 loss at home to Oneonta.

And I'm starting to think that Oneonta is right there with Chicago and Rowan as a top 3 that has separated from other contenders.

Golden_Fan

EAST Regional Rankings            
1.   Rochester (NY)      8-1-3      8-1-3
2.   SUNY Oneonta      11-3-1      11-3-1
3.   SUNY Cortland      12-2-0      12-2-0
4.   St. Lawrence      10-3-0      10-3-0
5.   Vassar      9-3-2      9-3-2
6.   Buffalo St.      10-4-1      10-4-1
7.   Hobart      7-4-3      7-4-3
8.   Fredonia      10-5-1      10-5-1

School       In division        win pct      SOS   
Oneonta      11-3-1      0.767      0.597   
Cortland      12-2-0      0.857      0.584    
Buff State   10-4-1       0.7         0.533   
Fredonia      10-5-1      0.656      0.536        
Brockport    2-9-2       0.231      0.611      
Plattsburgh   9-5-1     0.633      0.574      
Oswego      4-11-0     0.267      0.588      
Geneseo     8-5-2      0.6         0.547       
Potsdam     7-5-2      0.571      0.576   

Golden_Fan

Last regular season games this weekend.
Cortland, Oneonta, and Buff State are locks for the playoffs
Osewgo is already eliminated from the playoffs.
Brockport MUST win both games this weekend as anything less will definitely eliminate them
New Paltz, Fredonia, and Geneseo all control their fate and must win to sure up their positions
Plattsburgh and Potsdam must win both games and hope that New Paltz drops both this weekend to have a shot

I think I got everything, with that here's the schedule this weekend

FRIDAY

Brockport @ Plattsburgh
Fredonia @ New Paltz
Geneseo @ Potsdam
Buffalo State @ Oneonta

SATURDAY
Fredonia @ Oneonta
Brockport @ Potsdam
Buffalo State @ New Paltz
Geneseo @ Plattsburgh
Oswego @ Cortland

Mr.Right

Great PK Thriller at Fredonia as Fredonia and Plattsburgh are tied 4-4 with 1 kick left for each....

Mr.Right

Fredonia beats Plattsburgh in PK's to end Plattsburgh's season unless they applied for the ECAC's...Fredonia lives to see another day...