SUNYAC 2017

Started by Golden_Fan, May 22, 2017, 11:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Both teams loading up on some cupcakes early on. Will Geneseo bounce back from a horrific season last year?

Mr.Right

Mt.St.Vincent appears again at the SUNY Potsdam tournament playing a really improved Potsdam side and Plattsburgh.

Plattsburgh has an improved schedule for them playing SLU and Clarkson plus Skidmore and possibly Johns Hopkins

Cortland has a decent schedule with Brandeis, ECONN, Hobart, SLU and a revamped Ithaca squad. Not bad

Mr.Right

Oswego's schedule is weak sauce....There are some serious cupcakes on that schedule...Oneonta's schedule is not as challenging as years past but still very decent with half the Liberty League(nice addition of SLU) and a Nescac in Hamilton. Also, a game with Stevens but usually they have a very challenging opening weekend tournament or a couple out of region games that are challenging(like a Lycoming) which I do not see this year but still a ballpark of .590 SOS

Golden_Fan

Coaches Preseason Poll for the SUNYAC. I think it's pretty fair. For me it's a toss up between Oneonta and Cortland for the 1 and 2

http://www.sunyacsports.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/releases/20170824mhjydj

1. Oneonta (97 pts)
2. Cortland (89 pts)
3. Buffalo State (73 pts)
4. Plattsburgh (56 pts)
5. New Paltz (52 pts)
6. Fredonia (46 pts)
7. Geneseo (42 pts)
8. Brockport (38 pts)
9. Potsdam (30 pts)
10. Oswego (19 pts)

Part_Bart

Quote from: Golden_Fan on August 28, 2017, 02:26:21 PM
Coaches Preseason Poll for the SUNYAC. I think it's pretty fair. For me it's a toss up between Oneonta and Cortland for the 1 and 2

Agreed.
Oswego has new coach and some new talent, which may also shake up the lower half of the league table.

Bengalsrule

Count me in on the Bengals finishing on top at end of the season!

Golden_Fan

Quote from: Bengalsrule on August 28, 2017, 10:42:36 PM

They have really stepped up their game in the past 5 years. Now that UB no longer has men's soccer I'm interested in seeing if they were able to pick up any of their players.

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Golden_Fan on August 29, 2017, 08:05:18 AM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on August 28, 2017, 10:42:36 PM

They have really stepped up their game in the past 5 years. Now that UB no longer has men's soccer I'm interested in seeing if they were able to pick up any of their players.

Yes they have....and me too!!  Gonna watch them tomorrow vs crosstown rival D'Youville!

EasyGoer27

Quote from: Golden_Fan on August 28, 2017, 02:26:21 PM

http://www.sunyacsports.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/releases/20170824mhjydj

1. Oneonta (97 pts)
2. Cortland (89 pts)
3. Buffalo State (73 pts)
4. Plattsburgh (56 pts)
5. New Paltz (52 pts)
6. Fredonia (46 pts)
7. Geneseo (42 pts)
8. Brockport (38 pts)
9. Potsdam (30 pts)
10. Oswego (19 pts)

I think they might want a re-vote.  Just watched Oswego 5-0 in opener.  New coach, new style, speed/pressure- ball on the ground.  I could have been watching SLU.  I know it's one game but this was not bad bounces or give away's.  They worked for 4 of those goals.  Very impressed.

Golden_Fan

Quote from: EasyGoer27 on September 01, 2017, 04:54:47 PM

I think they might want a re-vote.  Just watched Oswego 5-0 in opener.  New coach, new style, speed/pressure- ball on the ground.  I could have been watching SLU.  I know it's one game but this was not bad bounces or give away's.  They worked for 4 of those goals.  Very impressed.

I'll have to try to check out some of their game on Sunday. Brockport starts off the season by beating RIT 2-1. They seem to be better than last year but look like they need to play a few more games to get everything sorted out and to convince me that they took a step forward.

Golden_Fan

I cannot get this Oswego stream to work