MBB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by miac newbie, February 17, 2005, 03:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smitty Oom

Thanks, AO. That is very impressive he was able to work his way into a scholarship! I will have to keep my eye on him to see if he is able to help the Bears this winter.

AO

Quote from: Smitty Oom on October 29, 2018, 09:39:19 AM
Thanks, AO. That is very impressive he was able to work his way into a scholarship! I will have to keep my eye on him to see if he is able to help the Bears this winter.
I would guess they promised he'd be on scholarship for his two playing years before he decided to transfer.   

Smitty Oom

https://www.miacathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/releases/20181106qwe2nm

I very much agree with the preseason poll by the MIAC coaches. 4 teams received a first place vote and if I wasn't lazy I would go back through and see when the last time that happened was...

Guys... there are Games tonight!!

Preseason nationally ranked #23 St. Olaf starts their season with a HUGE week. Tonight the Oles are at Eau Claire, they should be able to go in and get a win against the middling WIAC Blugolds, but anything can happen in the first game of the season. Spoiler, the next two games after todays is when we see what the Oles are made of.

Carleton starts life after main stay center Kevin Grow's graduation, and it is now officially the Kent Hanson show in Northfield. They host UMAC's finest in Bethany Lutheran who graduated a lot of minutes and production from the 2017-2018 team who took down SJU in Collegeville in round 1 of the NCAAs. I predict Carleton starts the season out with a win.

Last two games feature 2 of the bottom 4 teams in the preseason coaches poll, Hamline and MAC and they both play at average UMAC teams, Crown and North Central. Hamline will have a lot of new faces on the court while MAC will have new faces on the bench with Coach Abe and Connor Nord.

Good luck to all MIAC teams!

Smitty Oom

I'll take the time to quickly congratulate new MIAC coaches at Mary's and MAC on their first wins!

As the miac standings are now... we have the cardinals and scots tied atop!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 10, 2018, 08:53:05 PM
I'll take the time to quickly congratulate new MIAC coaches at Mary's and MAC on their first wins!

As the miac standings are now... we have the cardinals and scots tied atop!

I don't think that is a thing. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Smitty Oom

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 11, 2018, 07:40:46 PM
Because they werent confernce games?

Yes :)

You can't really lead a conference if you haven't played conference games.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Smitty Oom

I mean, yeah... but I was mainly joking, since MAC and Mary's has been towards the bottom of the MIAC for quite some time now. I thought it was a fun thing to point out, as of Saturday afternoon they were two of the three teams that were sitting at 1-0.

jamtod

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 12, 2018, 09:35:13 AM
I mean, yeah... but I was mainly joking, since MAC and Mary's has been towards the bottom of the MIAC for quite some time now. I thought it was a fun thing to point out, as of Saturday afternoon they were two of the three teams that were sitting at 1-0.

If the season ended now, I would think that the OOC games would factor in somewhere as a tiebreaker?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: jamtoTommie on November 13, 2018, 12:13:21 PM

If the season ended now, I would think that the OOC games would factor in somewhere as a tiebreaker?

But alas, it won't end and there isn't a tiebreaker that includes OOC games. :)

jamtod

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 13, 2018, 01:07:28 PM

Dang. I was hoping for a "technically correct is the best kind of correct" situation.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 13, 2018, 01:07:28 PM

Isn't that in the 32nd set of criteria in the NCAA championship handbook?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yep ... right after #30: Pat Coleman has a say and then #31: Dave McHugh breaks any decisions Coleman can't make. :)

Greek Tragedy

I was hoping to get the MIAC's take on the St. Olaf loss to Point last night. I really thought it would be closer. I mean, St. Olaf returned everyone except Tobroven(?) Right? A loss to Point may be easier to swallow than losing to Eau Claire. What gives?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Drake Palmer

Man, what a couple of weeks to have jury duty! How's a guy supposed to enjoy life? ;) But back in time for D3 hoops.  Woo hoo!

Here's the 2018-2019 Palmer Freshman All-Name Team

All Alliterative Name Team

Colton Codute  - St. Johns
Jackson Johnsrud – Concordia

I'll Buy a Vowel Name Team ("Yes, there are four Os Drake")

Niko Polydorou – St. Olaf

The Name Lineage team

Miguel Garcia III – Concordia
Carlston McKenzie IV – Carleton

First Team

"Lex Luther" Lucas Leiter – Macalester
"Raul" Nolan Malo & "The Mavericks" – Gustavus
"Are we not Men? We are Devo!" Deven Nebo – St. Mary's
Addison Ostendorf "& Associates" – Hamline
Joe "Friday" ThursbyHamline Carleton

Let the games begin!

"If anything here offends, I beg your pardon. I come in peace, I depart in gratitude." ;)