BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShineTime

I'm just a tad pissed that point and Ripon double header turned in to single game at 330 seeing I had requested leave time at noon.  Beautiful day for ball why did it change from dh.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

badgerwarhawk

The most probable explanation is that they did it to mess with you.  ;)

The WARHAWKS/Concordia Wi game originally scheduled for 1:00pm was initially changed to a 3:00pm start and now has been canceled all together.  Actually I was surprised to see the time change to begin with.  Unlike the beautiful day in the Ripon/Stevens Point area it has been and is expected to continue raining all day here.  We were never able to reschedule the Ripon double header from earlier this season too. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 05, 2015, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: cubs on May 03, 2015, 06:00:49 PM
Hey Shine...

I know you mentioned this was "Platteville's year" after they started 8-0 in WIAC play. What time/who do they play this weekend in the WIAC Tournament.  ;D

Enough. We get it.
Fine.... 

Can you give Shine the same "lecture" than too?  He won't listen to any of us, but maybe he will listen to the boss?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Baseball Geek

The weather for the next 5 days in Whitewater isn't looking particularly favorable for a tournament. I know the weather "experts" have a few days to adjust their forecast, but it did have our family looking up the rules for cancellations.  >:(

Pat Coleman

Quote from: cubs on May 05, 2015, 01:54:03 PM
Hey Shine...

I know you mentioned this was "Platteville's year" after they started 8-0 in WIAC play. What time/who do they play this weekend in the WIAC Tournament.  ;D

Enough. We get it.
Fine.... 

Can you give Shine the same "lecture" than too?  He won't listen to any of us, but maybe he will listen to the boss?

What am I supposed to lecture him about, his opinion? My point to you was that you are going overboard in reacting to his opinion.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on May 05, 2015, 01:25:35 PM
I'm just a tad pissed that point and Ripon double header turned in to single game at 330 seeing I had requested leave time at noon.  Beautiful day for ball why did it change from dh.
With both teams coming off a four game weekend and both needing to win at least three games this weekend, I'm guessing the coaches chose to try rest their pitching staff as a whole with just the single game. 

Plus lets say Point throws their #8-10 guys and loses a pair of games.  It could negatively affect their chances at a Pool C bid.  Is that really worth the extra game?

cubs

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 05, 2015, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: cubs on May 05, 2015, 01:54:03 PM
Hey Shine...

Enough. We get it.
Fine.... 

What am I supposed to lecture him about, his opinion? My point to you was that you are going overboard in reacting to his opinion.
Since it's ok for him to give his opinion, why are you singling me out for giving my opinion on his opinion?  Just because I am the only one to respond to him?

Pat Coleman

I think you probably understand what I'm getting at here, but for those who don't:

1. There's a difference between someone expressing an opinion on the subject at hand (WIAC baseball) and someone expressing an opinion on someone else's opinion.

2. There's a huge difference when you continue to badger the other person multiple times over it. That's attacking another poster, and that's why I called it out.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

cubs

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 05, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
I think you probably understand what I'm getting at here, but for those who don't:

1. There's a difference between someone expressing an opinion on the subject at hand (WIAC baseball) and someone expressing an opinion on someone else's opinion.

2. There's a huge difference when you continue to badger the other person multiple times over it. That's attacking another poster, and that's why I called it out.
While ultimately you aren't going to agree with me regardless of what I say, I am at least "attacking" (and I disagree with that term) his opinion with facts...  HUGE difference in my eyes!!!

While you feel I am attacking him, our conversations (both on the boards and via PM) seem to be pretty civil, but I guess you would have to ask Shine...

If it really is that big of a problem, then so be it...  It's not as if I am pulling a Spence or anything like that!!!

cubs

BTW-Since you are on the boards right now, can you fill us in on what happened to former columnist Ricky Nelson (OshDude?) 

I really enjoyed reading the articles he put together in your Around the Nation section and have really missed it this year.

ShineTime

I'd just like to add that I'm not offended or upset in any manner whatsoever I enjoy the boards and know cubs is very credible.  The bottom line is I am a huge pointer fan and have to learn not to flip out every time they lose. 
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Bishopleftiesdad

BDB

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 05, 2015, 01:45:28 PM
The most probable explanation is that they did it to mess with you.  ;)

Ha! Good one BW.  8-)

cubs

ShineTime

It's just about having fun I've never been offended in my life.  There's a ton of knowledge on this site and any uproar is generally brought upon by my ideotic comments. 
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10