NEWMAC 2018

Started by TyWebb, June 13, 2018, 09:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Futball

For the second year, MIT loses on PK's to not advance to the semi-finals.

Ommadawn

Although it was a tough day for the OWU Battling Bishops in Gambier, it was a very good day for Jay Martin's alma mater and the Jay Martin coaching tree.  Coach Crabill's Springfield squad edges Babson 1-0 to claim the NEWMAC championship.

TyWebb

NEWMAC Men's Soccer Post Season Honors announced. Babson makes it a clean sweep. Not sure it's going to do much for lifting spirits
after the ncaa snub. :'(
http://www.newmacsports.com/sports/msoc/2018-19/releases/20181107gnwnro

Mr.Right

Quote from: TyWebb on November 07, 2018, 07:34:06 PM
NEWMAC Men's Soccer Post Season Honors announced. Babson makes it a clean sweep. Not sure it's going to do much for lifting spirits
after the ncaa snub. :'(
http://www.newmacsports.com/sports/msoc/2018-19/releases/20181107gnwnro

Damn that is definitely a clean sweep. I really do not think Babson got snubbed as they ended up having zero ranked Wins. No doubt they are an NCAA team but just lost the one game they could not afford to lose. Unfortunately what really hurt them was their rival Brandeis completely collapsing at the end of the year as that cost them a ranked win. I think with 2 Ranked Wins they would not have fallen down the rankings so far after losing to Springfield. Also, they deserved a result at Williams earlier this season as they played Williams very well and had a 1-0 lead halfway ino the 2nd Half but gave up a weak equalizer and then lost the game in the final seconds. Had they gotten a Draw at Williams and not lost plus if Brandeis stayed in the rankings they would have been 2-2-4 and I think it would have been enough to sneak in but certainly not a definite and they would have been one of the final bubble teams. I mean going 5-0-2 in the Newmac and not getting rewarded is very tough. Again I really feel bad for Babson because I thought this was the year they possibly could have replicated their 2011 Sweet 16 run and upset a team or two in the NCAA's. Just was not meant to be but they should be in a solid position for 2019 as long as they learn to live without Greenspan and Parker.