BB: CC: Centennial Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Ursinus advances and will play either Gettysburg or Johns Hopkins at noon tomorrow.

Gettysburg/Johns Hopkins live stats: http://server1.fandm.edu/athletics/xlive.htm
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Lefty

Johns Hopkins scored single runs in the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th to beat Gettysburg 8-7.  Hopkins will now face Ursinus in the the championship and will have to beat them twice to win the automatic bid.  I think Hopkins will get a Pool C bid with the two wins today.

The question is does Ursinus get a Pool C bid if they are swept tomorrow by Hopkins? 

Spence

No way. They'd be 24-14, right?

Lefty

25-14.....but I doubt it too. 

Pat Coleman

Yeah. I don't think it's that big a question. This is an elimination day tomorrow for Ursinus and Johns Hopkins has hope for a Pool C bid if it loses.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WLCALUM83

Johns Hopkins 2, Ursinus 0--going into bottom of 2nd of Game 1.

WLCALUM83

After 5 innings of play--Johns Hopkins 6, Ursinus 2.

WLCALUM83

7th inning  Johns Hopkins 15, Ursinus 3  Game 1.

Lefty

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on May 06, 2007, 02:14:40 PM

Who does Ursinus throw in game 2??  That game could be just as ugly.

Lefty

Final in Game 1 - Johns Hopkins 21, Ursinus 4

Lefty

Game 2 update:

After 3 innings
Johns Hopkins 7, Ursinus 0

Lefty

Johns Hopkins defeated Ursinus in the second game today 16-4 to take the Centennial League Championship and automatic bid.

Congrats to the Blue Jays!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Lefty on May 06, 2007, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: WLCALUM83 on May 06, 2007, 02:14:40 PM

Who does Ursinus throw in game 2??  That game could be just as ugly.

Incredibly prescient.

OldHasBeen

hopkins hitting was extremely impressive on sunday...they proved they were able to win the close games on saturday...will they be able to carry this with them into regionals?...can they make some noise against the njac teams?...anyone have any thoughts?

Pat Coleman

I haven't seen the NJAC teams play enough to voice an opinion but I thought I would say I was very impressed with Hopkins' pitching on Sunday. Either that or Ursinus just wasn't very good offensively.