Lacrosse

Started by drisclaw, July 03, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amh63

Vandy....this maybe a bit early and not a topic to bring up...but what the heck.  Do you think that Midhoops' former babysitter...of his daughter...would be interested in the Panther position?

amh63

Vandy...got my answer...conference website has a story today that Coach Kate Livesay of Trinity has resigned her position and will return to her hometown to be an assistant lacrosse coach.  Guess she will take Coach Foote Lacrosse job after next year.   A year to recruit her first class so to speak.

Play your cards correct...you may keep your job :)

Vandy74

Quote from: amh63 on May 29, 2014, 04:24:08 PM
Vandy...got my answer...conference website has a story today that Coach Kate Livesay of Trinity has resigned her position and will return to her hometown to be an assistant lacrosse coach.  Guess she will take Coach Foote Lacrosse job after next year.   A year to recruit her first class so to speak.

Play your cards correct...you may keep your job :)

amh63,

I heard this last night from another MC HC.  We both agreed it was unofficial at the time and for another reason I felt I should wait before sharing it with anyone.  I'm going to be rather busy for the next few hours but sometime tonight or tomorrow I'll fill you in.  It will be a PM not a chat board message.

magicman

That is some hire that Middlebury just made Vandy. Did Missy handpick her successor? As amh63 says you have to play your cards right to keep your job.  At least you have a year to prove to Ms. Livsay how valuable you are. ;D   

Vandy74

Quote from: magicman on May 30, 2014, 01:22:13 AM
That is some hire that Middlebury just made Vandy. Did Missy handpick her successor? As amh63 says you have to play your cards right to keep your job.  At least you have a year to prove to Ms. Livsay how valuable you are. ;D

Actually magicman I lost the time clock job a few years back when the economy tanked.  MC realized that they had students willing to work for free instead of the $30/game they were paying me.  I blame my agent mostly. I should have realized it was the wrong time to demand $50 per game and a company car.

LIOG14

Livesay Leaving Trinity - from the Hartford Courant

Kate Livesay has resigned as Trinity women's lacrosse coach. Livesay, who guided the Bantams to the NCAA Division III title in 2012, steps down to move her family back to her hometown of Middlebury, Vt. She is expected to join the coaching staff at her alma mater, Middlebury College. "I feel so fortunate to have started my coaching career at such a wonderful institution," Livesay said. "Trinity has been home to me for 10 years and I have valued every moment." Trinity was 127-26 (.830) and qualified for seven NCAA tournaments under Livesay. The Bantams were 84-10 from 2010-2014

Vandy74

Quote from: LIOG14 on May 30, 2014, 01:01:55 PM
Livesay Leaving Trinity - from the Hartford Courant

Kate Livesay has resigned as Trinity women's lacrosse coach. Livesay, who guided the Bantams to the NCAA Division III title in 2012, steps down to move her family back to her hometown of Middlebury, Vt. She is expected to join the coaching staff at her alma mater, Middlebury College. "I feel so fortunate to have started my coaching career at such a wonderful institution," Livesay said. "Trinity has been home to me for 10 years and I have valued every moment." Trinity was 127-26 (.830) and qualified for seven NCAA tournaments under Livesay. The Bantams were 84-10 from 2010-2014

I hope you plan on joining us on the board here next Spring.  Exciting sport.  Too few posters.

LIOG14

Congrats to Kate Livesay who gave birth to a beautiful little girl! Welcome to the NESCAC Annie!!

Vandy74

Quote from: LIOG14 on June 24, 2014, 11:51:35 AM
Congrats to Kate Livesay who gave birth to a beautiful little girl! Welcome to the NESCAC Annie!!

Congrats indeed!! :) :)   Every now and then it's a good idea to check out the board off-season.  I have been meaning to see the proud new grandpa on an unrelated matter.  Thanks for the timely update.

Bishopleftiesdad

Ohio Wesleyan Lacrosse gets a boost from Donor:

http://www.battlingbishops.com/news/2014/7/11/MLX_07112014.aspx

This should give a big boost to an already good program. Selby fields turf has been redone recently as well.

amh63

Was watching ESPN the other day and decided to turn to College lacrosse.  Shows on schoolboy games and players from the Baltimore area and the West.  The show on the players from the Western state...mainly California...was most interesting.  It included an all star game....highlights...between the West and the Long Island All-stars.  Long Island is a source of many Nescac players.
The primary narrator for the Western players is a graduate of Tufts.  He is instructing a number of HS players it seems.  In his opinion, the players from the West are good athletes, but are not as good with the techniques/skill level of East coast players.  The sport has really picked up in the West.
It will be interesting to see how many West Coast players are on Nescac squads in the future...in particular at Tufts.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

You are assuming west coast schools won't pick them up instead. Denver hasn't become a power in D1 because of happen stance.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

SpartanMom_2016

I see lots of talk here about women's lacrosse.  Does anyone follow D3 men's lacrosse?

Bishopleftiesdad

Not really. Being a baseball parent, lacrosse is the wrong season. But I do have some news frpm OWU mens Lax.http://www.battlingbishops.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2518

Vandy74

Quote from: SpartanMom_2016 on September 15, 2014, 10:51:18 AM
I see lots of talk here about women's lacrosse.  Does anyone follow D3 men's lacrosse?

I used to follow the men's game more than I do now.  I confess to enjoying the women's game more but Middlebury traditionally fields strong squads in each.  I plan to refocus more on the men next season when a major on-campus construction project is finished and finding a parking place within half a mile of the field is possible again. ::) ::) ;)