2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooster Booster

As usual, this board is all about trying to think ahead of the NCAA regarding host locations.  Not a word about last night's games or the now-determined Sweet 16 match-ups.  Of course the subject matter is determined by everyone's interests, but I continue to find it amazing that the basketball itself receives so little attention.

Titan Q

Quote from: Wooster Booster on March 03, 2019, 05:02:11 PM
As usual, this board is all about trying to think ahead of the NCAA regarding host locations.  Not a word about last night's games or the now-determined Sweet 16 match-ups.  Of course the subject matter is determined by everyone's interests, but I continue to find it amazing that the basketball itself receives so little attention.

Meanwhile, the last post on the NCAC board was at 6:25pm yesterday.  Not a single post about the Wooster/Wheaton game.

http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4200.15585

WUPHF

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Ghandi (or more likely someone else)

sac

Quote from: Titan Q on March 03, 2019, 05:06:37 PM

Meanwhile, the last post on the NCAC board was at 6:25pm yesterday.  Not a single post about the Wooster/Wheaton game.

http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4200.15585

Video and audio feed must have been good.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We are down to 32. A great weekend of basketball has cut the NCAA tournament teams in half. There were some surprises, surprising outcomes, and fun environments around DIII. Even the end of the title defense of Nebraska Wesleyan.

On Sunday's Hoopsville, we try and recap it all while also hearing from several of the coaches who found themselves in the thick of it.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's show hits the air at 7:00 p.m. ET. You can watch it in the video player above. If you miss any of the show, you can watch it On Demand or listen the audio-only podcast to the right (available shortly after the show goes off air).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Mike Schauer, Wheaton (Ill.) men's coach
- Tom Palombo, Guilford men's coach
- Randi Henderson, No. 22 WashU women's coach
- Fred Richter, No. 15 DeSales women's coach
- Bill Broderick, Christopher Newport women's coach
- Dave Hixon, No. 7 Amherst men's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

So is there official word on hosts?

Bob posted something earlier that started "official" and then seemed to list the hosts, but it looks like it got deleted. I haven't seen anything on the front page, Oshkosh page or NCAA page.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 03, 2019, 09:58:30 PM

Bob posted something earlier that started "official" and then seemed to list the hosts, but it looks like it got deleted. I haven't seen anything on the front page, Oshkosh page or NCAA page.

We updated the brackets and we posted to Twitter.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AllStar

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 03, 2019, 10:09:14 PM

We updated the brackets and we posted to Twitter.

Ok. Thanks. I didn't look at the brackets and I don't Tweet. I also didn't see anything on Facebook.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

There was one other place -- I updated our Saturday night recap on Sunday morning with the host sites.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

I guess that I read the Clinton pod as being a 1 v 4 game with Williams at the #4.

Hmmm... that is something you don't see very often, the NESCAC team at the #4 seed.

(509)Rat

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 04, 2019, 01:58:53 PM
I guess that I read the Clinton pod as being a 1 v 4 game with Williams at the #4.

Hmmm... that is something you don't see very often, the NESCAC team at the #4 seed.

Just don't go feeling too sorry for the NESCAC team that gets to play 2.5 hours away from home in a gym they are very familiar with  ;)

toad22

Quote from: (509)Rat on March 04, 2019, 02:22:19 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 04, 2019, 01:58:53 PM

Just don't go feeling too sorry for the NESCAC team that gets to play 2.5 hours away from home in a gym they are very familiar with  ;)

It is true that Williams knows the Hamilton gym pretty well. Personally, I think the gym is pretty bad, so another gym would be more fun, even if it was in Walla Walla!

Titan Q

Still there...

Quote from: Titan Q on March 03, 2019, 11:54:27 AM
Official...

Hamilton
Amherst
UW-Oshkosh
Augustana

ronk

Rules ?: what's the reason for the different semicircles under the baskets? is there a gender difference in distance from the hoop?