Parents with children looking to play in D3

Started by K-Mack, November 09, 2005, 12:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Fox

Here is a list of all the D3 football programs.  There are none in Florida.

http://d3football.com/schools.php

The school guidance counselor should be able to get you started down the right path based on what has been discussed here.  Most d3 coaches know they are part of the education process and make allowances for afternoon labs, etc. that conflict with football. 
Fierce When Roused

FootballFanatic

FootballFanatic!!!!!

FootballFanatic

Gray Fox,
Would it not be marvelous to start a D3 football program in Florida? What would it take?
FootballFanatic!!!!!

Gray Fox

Quote from: FootballFanatic on August 07, 2007, 08:35:17 AM
Gray Fox,
Would it not be marvelous to start a D3 football program in Florida? What would it take?
Money. :'(

"Small"  schools.  There are also no programs in many western states like Arizona.

Fierce When Roused

labart96

My in-laws live near a small D3 private liberal arts school in Central Florida.  This school offers water skiing as a sport since it's on a lake but no football.

Would think the endowment of this school could support football, but perhaps the Trustees, Admin, etc aren't interested?

FootballFanatic

Would agree. Financial strong school. Their are several in Florida which would fit the bill. 8)
FootballFanatic!!!!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: The Great Pumpkin on August 07, 2007, 01:42:15 PM
My in-laws live near a small D3 private liberal arts school in Central Florida.  This school offers water skiing as a sport since it's on a lake but no football.

Would think the endowment of this school could support football, but perhaps the Trustees, Admin, etc aren't interested?
There are no D3's in the state of Florida.

As much I like D3, there need to be 8 D3's in that area, if there will be one.

The isolation that we have in Texas puts an incredible (and relative) disadvantage on those schools.  :)

labart96

Quote from: Ralph Turner on August 07, 2007, 05:31:58 PM
Quote from: The Great Pumpkin on August 07, 2007, 01:42:15 PM

There are no D3's in the state of Florida.

As much I like D3, there need to be 8 D3's in that area, if there will be one.

The isolation that we have in Texas puts an incredible (and relative) disadvantage on those schools.  :)

My bad, you are correct.  The school I was thinking of is in fact a D2.

ADL70

Don't overlook Case Western Reserve Univeristy.  The medical school and University Hospitals are on campus and the world renowned Cleveland Clinic is close by.  In addition to a liberal arts pre-med program, biomedical engineering is offered as well.

The institution is on the rise academically and athletically.  New dorms have increased enrollment and new athletic facilities are bearing fruit.  The M Soccer team was a regional finalist, losing to a final four team in a shoot-out.  The football team has its largest recruiting class ever with three All-Ohio recruits and they return three all region players.  They have produced a nominee for the Draddy Award ("academic Heisman") each of the last two years and a Gagliardi nominee (d3's Heisman).  Plus they have a great young coaching staff.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

FootballFanatic

My son filled out the football questionaire do to their academic excellence. This is great info. to now. Thanks. 8)
FootballFanatic!!!!!

frank uible

Plus they are the alma mater of Warren Lahr.

Mr. Ypsi

You got me with that one, Frank!  For any others who were unaware, Warren Lahr was a defensive back for the Cleveland Browns from 1949-59 (thanks, Google!).

frank uible

More than that he was a Browns All-Pro defensive back of Pro Football HOF quality, who, while attending Western Reserve University, lived 2 houses down the street (Bellflower Road) from me for 4 years at the Delta Kappa Epsilon house and to whom I hand delivered the Cleveland Press as he sat on the house's front porch - what a memorable thrill for an eleven year old!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: cwru70 on August 07, 2007, 07:21:07 PM

They have produced an onimee for the Draddy Award ("academic Heisman") each of the last two years and a Gagliardi nominee (d3's Heisman).  Plus they have a great young coaching staff.
:D ;D :D ;) :)
cwru70,

Were you a lineman?  I am trying to understand why my fingers do the same stupid things like:

1)  firing on the wrong count, i.e., the space bar went one count too late, after the "n" instead of before it.
2)  execute the wrong blocking pattern, i.e., the "n" goes to the left side of the "i" in "onimee"  and the "m" goes to the right.

All I know is that I took high school typing in the fall during football season, and I didn't have 10 working fingers on any two consecutive days in class!

:D :D :D

Knightstalker

I also have those problems, and I took typing during the track season and my right fingers were thicker and got in the way more from putting the shot and throwing the discus.  The javelin was the only one that didn't screw with my hand, but it taught me how to throw a wicked slider.

And of course there is always that little schools in Maryland, Hohns Jopkins.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).