FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: RFMichigan on October 09, 2013, 02:27:14 PM
Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on October 09, 2013, 11:26:34 AM
Concordia Chicago (1-3) at Wisconsin Lutheran (0-4): WLC isn't that far away from being 2-2 or 3-1 on the season. The earn a win over CUC in memory of Dean Mischke who passed away this week.

Aurora (1-3) at Benedictine (2-2): Aurora put up 63 against Maranatha in one half. Their defense (even though the majority of the points scored by the Crusaders were against the bench players) will get a workout in this one.

Concordia Wisconsin (2-2) at Maranatha (1-3): CUW cost me dearly in the National Confidence Pick 'Em last week but they picked up a nice win and are for right now the front-runner in the NACC. Maranatha got a rude awakening by Aurora allowing 63 points in one half on the way to giving up 84 (this is one week after WLC's namesake high school gave up 84 (while scoring 82) in a high school game). I think this won't be any close either.

Lakeland (2-2) at Rockford (0-4): Lakeland is going to be one of those teams that won't go away easily this season. Rockford still has to play defense if they want to escape the NACC cellar this season. Muskies roll here.

Wait a minute there, Captain. Are you sure that wasn't an early season basketball game? Seriously, 166 points in a high school game? Let's do the math:

1) Each team scored about the same amount of points, and let's say they're all touchdowns with extra points, so 84 / 7 = 12 TDs EACH and 24 TDs total.

2) A high school game only has 48 minutes. 48/24 = 2 minutes per TD.

3) Let's say both teams run a hurry-up spread and run a play and then get off another play every 25 seconds (8-10 seconds for the play and 17 seconds to get back to line of scrimmage, signal the play, and get the snap off) which is Oregon-fast. If both teams threw a ton and got a lot of timeouts for first downs that could explain a little, but my guess is that there was a lot of running up and down the field on this one.

4) 2 minutes (120 seconds) per TD / 25 seconds = a TD every 4 plays or so.

I'd love to see the scoring drives for that game! (As well as number of pick 6s, kick returns for TDs, etc.) 

Was this possibly 8-man football? What was the total yardage? Number of pass attempts? Was the clock operator awake?

Picks:
- I'm getting greedy and going with my heart and not my head: CUC  over WLC. (CUC gets to say hello to their former OC.)
- CUW over MBBC. By many.
- Bendictine over Aurora. (I'm curious how strong Aurora is. My guess is not as strong as BU.)
- Lakeland tops Rockford. (I could see a lot of points in this one.)

It wasn't a basketball game that's for sure or a 8-man game (That reminds me the highest scoring 8-man game only totaled 160 points which Wayland Academy beat Maranatha Baptist Academy 84-76). Highest point total regardless of 8 or 11 man belongs to Gibraltar who scored 90 in 8-man action.

Story with Box Score:

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/oconomowocfocus/sports/records-shattered-as-cooney-tops-wisco-84-82-b99108806z1-225614302.html
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

WLCALUM83

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran 28
Concordia Chicago 6

Halftime

Benedictine 26
Aurora 17

4th

Lakeland 14
Rockford 0

Halftime

Concordia Wisconsin 74?
Maranatha 0

4th

Whoever they have doing the play by play for Maranatha, they really need to speak up. Could barely hear them over the field noise.

Captain_Joe08

Concordia Wisconsin 70
Maranatha 14

Final

Benedictine 33
Aurora 23

Final

Wisconsin Lutheran 28
Concordia Chicago 6

3rd

Lakeland 28
Rockford 7

3rd

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran 49
Concordia Chicago 13

Final

Lakeland 35
Rockford 21

Final

Captain_Joe08

Some thoughts as we are already halfway done with the season.

Concordia Wisconsin has established themselves as the frontrunner. They can hit a defense with running plays but they rely on Damaschke and his arm (and his legs) to carry them to victory.

Benedictine despite losing late to CUW has been solid. Kinda balanced on their offensive attack with Schultz in the passing game and McNulty running the ball. Defense has been solid otherwise.

Lakeland is kinda a surprise here as they got a OT win over WLC and beat Rockford handily. However I think they are still a rebuilding team at this point. Games against Aurora, Benedictine and Concordia Wisconsin in the Cheese Bowl will decided how far that program has come.

Aurora is going to be a enigma going forward. Yes they looked impressive against Maranatha (which isn't saying much) yet they were soundly beaten by Benedictine this week. Next week's game against WLC will decide where they are heading in the second half of the season.

Wisconsin Lutheran is only a handful of plays away from being 4-1 instead of 1-4.  I wonder how long the leash is on Dyrssen after throwing 5 picks today against CUC. With games like Aurora, Benedictine, and CUW remaining they have to clean up their act on the offensive side of the ball. The Defense has played well, but in times where the offense is stagnant, they got worn down.

Concordia Chicago saw there NACC winning streak end in a blowout loss to WLC but they are young this year and they are going to take their lumps this season and next.

You have to think what it will take for Rockford to finally climb out of the NACC cellar in football. Maybe the lack of a running game is the problem. They rank near the bottom of the league in rushing yards per game while ranking 1st in passing yards per game. Aabed Nekrawesh has been a prolific passer and leads the league in TD's but also leads in INT's. As a result the Regents can throw up points on the scoreboard but their defense has been less than stellar giving up 40 points per game.

As for the former NACC member Maranatha you may ask??? Well outside of their season opening win over Martin Luther they have struggled to stay with teams. In their two games against NACC teams they have been outscored 154-55 being outgained 1013 to 408. Can't imagine how life would be when the NACC-MIAA interlock agreement takes place starting next season?

Captain_Joe08

Week Six Games:

Concordia Wisconsin at Concordia Chicago
Aurora at Wisconsin Lutheran
Benedictine at Rockford
Maranatha at Lakeland

Captain_Joe08

Concordia Wisconsin at Concordia Chicago: CUW routs CUC in the battle of Concordia's

Aurora at Wisconsin Lutheran: Picking it because it's WLC's homecoming and they finally got the offense to click last week.

Benedictine at Rockford: This should be over by halftime.

Maranatha at Lakeland: Lakeland's surprising run continues.

WLCALUM83

RFMichigan

CUW takes out four years of close-but-no-cigar frustration and takes it to CUC.
BU big over Rockford
WLC hitting their stride and defeats Aurora
Lakeland large over Maranatha in Maranatha's "One-Year-Later" Farewell Tour

Captain_Joe08

Concordia Wisconsin 48
Concordia Chicago 42

Final

Lakeland 55
Maranatha 14

Final

Benedictine 30
Rockford 13

Final

Wisconsin Lutheran 21
Aurora 13

Final

Captain_Joe08

NACC Standings after today's games:

1. Concordia Wisconsin 4-2 (2-0)
2. Lakeland 4-2 (2-0)
3. Benedictine 4-2 (2-1)
4. Wisconsin Lutheran 2-4 (2-1)
5. Concordia Chicago 1-5 (1-2)
6. Aurora 1-5 (0-2)
7. Rockford 0-6 (0-3)

Half game separates four teams.

Captain_Joe08

This week's matchups

Concordia Chicago at Aurora
Wisconsin Lutheran at Benedictine
Lakeland at Concordia Wisconsin
Rockford at Maranatha

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on October 09, 2013, 03:46:04 PM
Concordia Chicago (1-3) at Wisconsin Lutheran (0-4): WLC isn't that far away from being 2-2 or 3-1 on the season. The earn a win over CUC in memory of Dean Mischke who passed away this week.

Aurora (1-3) at Benedictine (2-2): Aurora put up 63 against Maranatha in one half. Their defense (even though the majority of the points scored by the Crusaders were against the bench players) will get a workout in this one.

Concordia Wisconsin (2-2) at Maranatha (1-3): CUW cost me dearly in the National Confidence Pick 'Em last week but they picked up a nice win and are for right now the front-runner in the NACC. Maranatha got a rude awakening by Aurora allowing 63 points in one half on the way to giving up 84 (this is one week after WLC's namesake high school gave up 84 (while scoring 82) in a high school game). I think this won't be any close either.

Lakeland (2-2) at Rockford (0-4): Lakeland is going to be one of those teams that won't go away easily this season. Rockford still has to play defense if they want to escape the NACC cellar this season. Muskies roll here.

Wait a minute there, Captain. Are you sure that wasn't an early season basketball game? Seriously, 166 points in a high school game? Let's do the math:

1) Each team scored about the same amount of points, and let's say they're all touchdowns with extra points, so 84 / 7 = 12 TDs EACH and 24 TDs total.

3) Let's say both teams run a hurry-up spread and run a play and then get off another play every 25 seconds (8-10 seconds for the play and 17 seconds to get back to line of scrimmage, signal the play, and get the snap off) which is Oregon-fast. If both teams threw a ton and got a lot of timeouts for first downs that could explain a little, but my guess is that there was a lot of running up and down the field on this one.

I'd love to see the scoring drives for that game! (As well as number of pick 6s, kick returns for TDs, etc.) 

Was this possibly 8-man football? What was the total yardage? Number of pass attempts? Was the clock operator awake?

Picks:
- I'm getting greedy and going with my heart and not my head: CUC  over WLC. (CUC gets to say hello to their former OC.)
- Bendictine over Aurora. (I'm curious how strong Aurora is. My guess is not as strong as BU.)

It wasn't a basketball game that's for sure or a 8-man game (That reminds me the highest scoring 8-man game only totaled 160 points which Wayland Academy beat Maranatha Baptist Academy 84-76). Highest point total regardless of 8 or 11 man belongs to Gibraltar who scored 90 in 8-man action.

Story with Box Score:

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/oconomowocfocus/sports/records-shattered-as-cooney-tops-wisco-84-82-b99108806z1-225614302.html

i know this is old, but I just saw it.  You know what's most amazing about that 84-82 game?  There were no points scored in the first ten minutes, and it was 8-7 at the end of the first quarter.  The fireworks didn't really start til the second quarter (eight touchdowns scored in 2nd quarter, seven in 3rd, six in 4th).
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on October 22, 2013, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on October 09, 2013, 03:46:04 PM

Picks:

Story with Box Score:

i know this is old, but I just saw it.  You know what's most amazing about that 84-82 game?  There were no points scored in the first ten minutes, and it was 8-7 at the end of the first quarter.  The fireworks didn't really start til the second quarter (eight touchdowns scored in 2nd quarter, seven in 3rd, six in 4th).

The funny thing is that when I was on break from work (8:00ish) it was 36-35....I thought that was the final score until I turned on the radio and much to my surprise it was only the halftime.  :o