WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

Yes, sorry to hear about your Mom puts things into perspective. Sports can provide a good distraction..
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: sp0rtsfan on March 23, 2016, 10:06:45 AM
Thanks, Ronk. I always do my best to talk up the hoops program to the HS talent we have here in north/central NJ. The U.'s popularity seems to be catching on around here and I'm hoping it will extend to the local hoopsters.

Good job! That area is probably  Scranton's 2nd most fruitful area for bballers(after suburban Philly) and it's becoming more so for the men's team.

redrhino

The D3 Hoops All-American selections are out, and congrats to the Lady Royals once again.

Getting one of your players onto an All-American list is a huge point of pride; getting TWO on the list is enough to make you cry.  Only number one Thomas More joined the Lady Royals in receiving two All-American nods.

All hail Sarah and Alexix!

sp0rtsfan

Quote from: NEPAFAN on March 23, 2016, 12:18:41 PM
Yes, sorry to hear about your Mom puts things into perspective. Sports can provide a good distraction..

Thanks, NEPAFAN. The last time my mom was in Scranton, Linden Street was still a traffic thruway cutting into campus. However, I kept her aware of new postings over the years.   

saratoga

spOrtsfan:

I certainly echo the sentiments & condolences already offered.
Hold on to all those great memories.
Hang in there.
All the best to you & your family.

sp0rtsfan

Thank you, Saratoga. Thank God we have sports as a diversion.

ronk

Lady Royals will be playing Kings and Wilkes as part of a women's version of the Cross-county Challenge rather than separate scheduling of the past.

ronk

Lady Royals' schedule is now posted on web site.

gordonmann

ronk

Quote from: gordonmann on August 13, 2016, 02:57:25 PM
Interesting hire at Drew on an interim basis:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2016/08/drew-olenowski-hire

Coach Olenowski recruited Scranton Katie O'Reilly's younger sister(Kellyanne) for him at Manhattan but wasn't rehired; instead he'll be coaching against Katie.

saratoga

The Lady Royal recruits for this season are now listed on the Scranton web site.
Some really great kids coming in to go with the upperclassmen that are already extremely well established.
Given the talent level of some of the kids I'm somewhat familiar with, to say that Trevor had a pretty good haul for coming into this group late in the game would be a huge understatement.
Not sure how you top 30-1 but they are loading up.

mailsy

Quote from: saratoga on September 22, 2016, 09:01:01 PM
The Lady Royal recruits for this season are now listed on the Scranton web site.
Some really great kids coming in to go with the upperclassmen that are already extremely well established.
Given the talent level of some of the kids I'm somewhat familiar with, to say that Trevor had a pretty good haul for coming into this group late in the game would be a huge understatement.
Not sure how you top 30-1 but they are loading up.
Sure you do 'toga. 32-1 and a national championship! With their only loss to Cabrini  ;D
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

saratoga

Mailsy:

I'll take that in a heartbeat.
We do we sign up?

ronk

Lady Royals' roster is now posted on web site.

saratoga