FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesleydad

hey skunks and my mount friends.  hope all is well.  i hope that wesley makes the playoffs, cause if they do they will win enough to worry some.  not sure if i make the trip out that way this year, son decided that getting married in october made sense, not sure whose kid he is, but if not the plan is the stagg bowl for sure.  another wesley-mount game would be ok with me.  enjoy the rest of the season.

runyr

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on October 12, 2011, 10:36:29 PM
WOW....WOW....WOW....

We have Seventies (who has a daughter attending there and is more focused on the 'Berg program), and we have the greatest "half glass full" man of our time Raider 68, who always gives the opposing team the geatest respect. 

The bottom line is......if the 'Berg scores three touchdowns in this game I will be surprised.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's not likely.  And the 'Berg's defense is suspect in any way you look at it.  Mount will score, and score consistently.

Any Mount fan that knows Mike Hallet considers him the consumate Mount alumnai.  He loves the school, LK, and all that is Mount football.  He comes back to play-off games, and always is  the consumate football player/head coach.  I state this to make clear that this is not about Mike's coaching talent, and more about Mount.

I don't know Mike Hallet, but I'll take your word for it that he's the consummate Mount alumnus.
Seventies speaks very highly of him.  That's good enough for me.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."  Confucius

runyr

Quote from: Toph on October 12, 2011, 07:01:06 PM
Folks, all I can say is thank God I'm not a Quaker. 

Good to see the Streaks win, but my...goodness.  I hope those kids to our southwest can at least start getting some small victories.  Can't be fun to get your teeth kicked in every single week.

Amen.  I don't know how they get dressed for a football game.  It's got to be tough.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."  Confucius

seventiesraider

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on October 12, 2011, 10:36:29 PM
Any Mount fan that knows Mike Hallet considers him the consumate Mount alumnai.  He loves the school, LK, and all that is Mount football.  He comes back to play-off games, and always is  the consumate football player/head coach.  I state this to make clear that this is not about Mike's coaching talent, and more about Mount.

And like another alum, Dean Paul, he'd like nothing more than to pull one over on the old man, or at least a good scare
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

footballfan413

I just received an e-mail with a link to this article from a dear friend who played for the Warhawks back in the 60's.  I had never heard of the Crystal Ball Run, but it is, apparently, a college football fan web site.  The author, Matthew Elder writes a once weekly feature on small school college football.  Very awesome! 

http://bloguin.com/crystalballrun/2011-articles/october/dynasties-thrive-at-the-small-school-level.html   
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

seventiesraider

Quote from: runyr on October 12, 2011, 11:27:38 PM

Good to see the Streaks win, but my...goodness.  I hope those kids to our southwest can at least start getting some small victories.  Can't be fun to get your teeth kicked in every single week.

Amen.  I don't know how they get dressed for a football game.  It's got to be tough.

The same way they got Pudget Sound to come back out after the half.
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

Raider 68

Quote from: footballfan413 on October 13, 2011, 09:04:17 AM
I just received an e-mail with a link to this article from a dear friend who played for the Warhawks back in the 60's.  I had never heard of the Crystal Ball Run, but it is, apparently, a college football fan web site.  The author, Matthew Elder writes a once weekly feature on small school college football.  Very awesome! 

http://bloguin.com/crystalballrun/2011-articles/october/dynasties-thrive-at-the-small-school-level.html   

Nice article, thanks! :) They wrote that Mount has 8 National titles in 22 years, but it is 10.
13 time Division III National Champions

footballfan413

Quote from: wesleydad on October 12, 2011, 11:09:28 PM
hey skunks and my mount friends.  hope all is well.  i hope that wesley makes the playoffs, cause if they do they will win enough to worry some.  not sure if i make the trip out that way this year, son decided that getting married in october made sense, not sure whose kid he is, but if not the plan is the stagg bowl for sure.  another wesley-mount game would be ok with me.  enjoy the rest of the season.
Hope the Wolverines continue to have a good season, WD.  This reminds me of when my oldest and his fiancee kicked around the idea of setting their wedding date in the Fall of 07 during my son's senior year.  I laughed and said, "you can't be serious!  Do you want your best man and parents to be there?"  Luckily, they gave up on the idea quickly.   ;) ;D
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

badgerwarhawk

One leg at a time.  ;D
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Blutarsky

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 13, 2011, 01:32:44 PM

One leg at a time.  ;D

,,,,maybe it's both legs in one opening??.....we may have found the source of the problem.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
                         --Dean Wormer

Toph

Quote from: Blutarsky on October 13, 2011, 01:40:22 PM

One leg at a time.  ;D

,,,,maybe it's both legs in one opening??.....we may have found the source of the problem.

Does anyone know anything about Quakers?  I like their oatmeal...but that's the extent of my knowledge.  Maybe they have some sort of single leg pantaloons.

rscl70

Quote from: Toph on October 13, 2011, 02:00:47 PM
Quote from: Blutarsky on October 13, 2011, 01:40:22 PM

One leg at a time.  ;D

Does anyone know anything about Quakers?  I like their oatmeal...but that's the extent of my knowledge.  Maybe they have some sort of single leg pantaloons.

They're pacifists.  Maybe that sheds some light on the problem.
12-0 = 13

Raider 68

Quote from: wesleydad on October 12, 2011, 11:09:28 PM

wesleydad,

Good to hear from you. I expect Wesley to be in the playoffs, so we'll see how it all works out! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: BaseballMom22 on October 12, 2011, 04:26:50 PM
For those of you doubting Berg's defense, here are some stats taken from their website...

I would love - LOVE - to see Heidelberg give UMU a game.  I've loved seeing the resurgence of some previously-struggling OAC programs like Muskingum and Heidelberg.  But I kinda doubt that Heidelberg (who allowed 35 points to Baldwin-Wallace) is going to shut down a UMU team that has blown out everyone except for ONU in the monsoon. 

UMU's nonconference opponent was a solid UW-Oshkosh team that currently sits at 4-1, and UMU scored 34 in the first half of that game.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

BaseballMom22

Even though I am a relatively new Berg fan (son is a sophomore), I agree that the Student Princes have a steep hill to climb if they have any hope of beating UMU. I, too would love to see them give the Raiders a game. BTW what would you consider a "moral victory" for the Berg? Lose by less than 3 touchdowns?