FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerFanAlso2

Jk

Let me readdress, the 2011 team that I saw was not as good as the 2012 team that I saw; in fact HSC should have/could have completely blown W&L off the field in 2011; the 2012 W&L team got down 17 to 0 in the first half and came back to win and yes, Heinsohn was outstanding. My oldest played against him in both HS and college so I got to see him fairly often, quite a player.

jknezek

As a W&L football fan, I can say that the last 10 or 12 years have been halcyon years. There have been some down years, no doubt, 08-09 and 13-14 come to mind. But otherwise, we've been hammering away at one or two conference losses a year. Compared to the 90s and early naughts, it's been a lot more fun to watch!

I arrived on campus for the '96 season, we went 5-5, 2-3. '97 we were 4-6, 2-3. '98 4-6, 1-4, and '99 5-5, 3-3. 2012 vs 2011? I'll take them both, but it's a debate I consider I win on either way!

tigerFanAlso2

yep, General f'ball has come along way, no doubt.

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: jknezek on May 11, 2016, 03:48:54 PM
As a W&L football fan, I can say that the last 10 or 12 years have been halcyon years. There have been some down years, no doubt, 08-09 and 13-14 come to mind. But otherwise, we've been hammering away at one or two conference losses a year. Compared to the 90s and early naughts, it's been a lot more fun to watch!

I arrived on campus for the '96 season, we went 5-5, 2-3. '97 we were 4-6, 2-3. '98 4-6, 1-4, and '99 5-5, 3-3. 2012 vs 2011? I'll take them both, but it's a debate I consider I win on either way!

They had to be happy you left.  :-[
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

jknezek

Quote from: HSCTiger fan on May 12, 2016, 07:09:27 PM
Quote from: jknezek on May 11, 2016, 03:48:54 PM

They had to be happy you left.  :-[

Eh. They didn't really get rolling until 2005 or so. They went 5-5 the three years after I left, then 3-5 before the good years started.  ;D

hasanova

http://www.guilfordquakers.com/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/20160516o009dg

Five more Quakers in Guilford College Class of 2020 make 20 commitments to date.  Welcome gentlemen and Go Quakers!

ITH radio

Statesmen and Hornets agree to series in 2017-18

Gohobart.blogspot.com
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

tigerFanAlso2

Jk

HSC will step up OOC schedule once again in 2017 as they will host UW Platteville. Sure to be a loss but playing a program of that caliber will be fun. Game will be played week 3.

jknezek

It's good to see the ODAC teams stepping up. W&L has stepped up big time this year. As has Bridgewater with Gettysburg and Thomas More (and Apprentice, but I'll take the other two over the soft boiled eggs they've played in the past). H-SC adding UWP is nice but at least they hold on to CNU this year. I think UWP is also a function of the ODAC staring down the 7 team problem in 2017. WIAC schools have the same issue. E&H has Brevard and M'Ville this year. Brevard is transitioning to DIII so might be interesting, but they went 0-11 last year in NAIA so they may really suck.

Nice to see Shenandoah stepping up in 2017 with Hobart. This year has nothing to write home about. R-MC back tracked, losing JHU and picking up Dickinson, who was cut out of their traditional game against Hobart on the heels of a long losing streak. And of course Guilford has what it usually has. Marshmallow fluff.

Catholic is leaving, so no point in mentioning them for the future, but this year they've only landed two OOC games. Putrid McDaniel and usually not so good Coast Guard.

tigerFanAlso2

I can't believe CNU does not want to play HSC every year. So close and the game is competitive, but they don't

HSCTiger74

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on May 17, 2016, 02:55:38 PM
Jk

HSC will step up OOC schedule once again in 2017 as they will host UW Platteville. Sure to be a loss but playing a program of that caliber will be fun. Game will be played week 3.

Love to see that game on the schedule. Do you know if HSC will be going to Platteville in '18? 
TANSTAAFL

Pat Coleman

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on May 17, 2016, 02:55:38 PM
Jk

I wouldn't call UW-Platteville at home an automatic loss for H-SC. UWP is currently the third-best team in the best conference but their history isn't exactly stellar long-term. Lots could happen in a full season and a thousand-mile trip.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on May 17, 2016, 04:12:53 PM
It's good to see the ODAC teams stepping up. W&L has stepped up big time this year. As has Bridgewater with Gettysburg and Thomas More (and Apprentice, but I'll take the other two over the soft boiled eggs they've played in the past). H-SC adding UWP is nice but at least they hold on to CNU this year. I think UWP is also a function of the ODAC staring down the 7 team problem in 2017. WIAC schools have the same issue. E&H has Brevard and M'Ville this year. Brevard is transitioning to DIII so might be interesting, but they went 0-11 last year in NAIA so they may really suck.

Nice to see Shenandoah stepping up in 2017 with Hobart. This year has nothing to write home about. R-MC back tracked, losing JHU and picking up Dickinson, who was cut out of their traditional game against Hobart on the heels of a long losing streak. And of course Guilford has what it usually has. Marshmallow fluff.

Catholic is leaving, so no point in mentioning them for the future, but this year they've only landed two OOC games. Putrid McDaniel and usually not so good Coast Guard.
Brevard has actually played in the NCAA DII South Atlantic Conference (Catawba, Mars Hill, Lenoir-Rhyne, Carson-Newman, Wingate), but the assertion they suck probably still holds true.

Disappointed in Guilford with the same old, same old, but I see that changing on one game in 2017.  For now, I think we are locked in with intracity Greensboro and intrastate Methodist because we've played each school every year since they started football.

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on May 17, 2016, 05:54:10 PM
Brevard has actually played in the NCAA DII South Atlantic Conference (Catawba, Mars Hill, Lenoir-Rhyne, Carson-Newman, Wingate), but the assertion they suck probably still holds true.

Good catch. +K

tigerFanAlso2

Tiger74

I do not know if HSC goes to Platteville in 2018.

Pat

I just assumed the third best team in the WIAC would have it's way with a team from the ODAC, maybe I'm not giving ODAC enough credit but I think I'm being realistic.