FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks88

USA South outdoor sports attendance policy. This is nonsense. We're outdoors for pete's sake. I went to 6 high school games this fall and managed to stay well. If I want to go out and sit at a game I should be able to.

https://www.usasouth.net/general/2020-21/releases/20210204n0c9kn?fbclid=IwAR2BmAKjbkHyU-OPrCrLWYglreLl2w14YIGaNXqq6kPrULlkiRS4UcygmVk

Highlander98

Maryville's updated roster has 91 players with 7 seniors, 15 juniors, 25 sophomores and 54 freshmen....

BSCpanthers

Ok USAsouth, what does the opening weekend schedule look like for you guys???  SAA has shut it down for this weekend due to weather, which means now all 8 teams playing will only play 3 regular season games before championship weekend, where we will play cross division equal seeds.

Hawks88

I think Brevard at Huntingdon is it for this weekend. With Lagrange dropping out it will take 6 weeks for the other three of us to do a double round robin to get 4 games so the 4 east teams are waiting a couple of weeks to start. I assume all other teams are still planning to play but have really heard nothing. I have seen no news reports about Huntingdon and have no idea as far as depth charts and that sort of thing goes. I have an assumption on who the starting QB will be but really don't know.
That said, I'm ready for some Hawks football. Hating that I won't be able to see it in person but have accepted the explanations and am ready to stream it on the big screen. I think I'm actually more bummed about not getting to go to Maryville next week. My wife and I have been to every Maryville game except the first one in '04 so that's a streak that's about to end.

Go Hawks!

BSCpanthers

Dang Huntingdon, y'all made that a lot more interesting then it needed to be at the end of that game.  But a win is a win, 26-18.

Hawks88

Yeah, that got too close. Our offense looked pretty good in the first half but never got back into gear in the second. At least there were a couple of turnovers that gave us short fields that we got field goals to stretch the lead out some. Hopefully we can get more consistent going forward.

BSCpanthers

So on April 10th Brevard(USA South member) is playing Suwanee(SAA) member.  If they can make this happen, then what is stopping Huntingdon and BSC getting on the field this spring??? 

Time to make this a reality!!! 

Hawks88

Anyone know if Maryville will be streaming the game Saturday? The schedules only have a link to live stats.

BSCpanthers

Quote from: Hawks88 on February 23, 2021, 08:06:39 PM
Updated USA South and Huntingdon outdoor spectator policies.

https://www.usasouth.net/general/2020-21/releases/20210222ntdkjm?fbclid=IwAR15xOOvA1mwRrrkzn-RUfeUt2qA7VgxzGvp3WjdDJQGlSRf_u8lo7FfM34

https://www.huntingdonhawks.com/general/2020-21/releases/20210223purtx9

USA South is a big numbers conference, losing one won't be felt by many.  Besides, you have Southern Virginia University joining in the fall anyway, and they play football as well, so you will stay at the 8 football members. 

Hawks88

Yeah, it evens out the teams eventually. SVU is an hour and a half further so there's that. Averett is the only place left in the conference currently that my wife and I haven't been to. We were planning to go a couple of times but work ended up getting in the way. If we play there this fall maybe we can finally mark that one off.

BSCpanthers

What happened Huntingdon???  Didn't get to watch, was watching BSC.  Neither Alabama DIII team won today.

Hawks88

Worst defeat since losses to UW-Oshkosh and Wesley in 2007. And Brevard ain't neither one of those. There were a few stretches where we moved the ball decent between the 20's but just made too many mistakes/penalties and couldn't finish drives. Except for three or four break-downs the defense really didn't do too bad. Hopefully we can get some things straight against Maryville next week.

Go Hawks!