FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

@SaintsFAN

You and your team got to experience full Minnesota.  Just an hour down the freeway in the Cities it never snowed, but there was a little blizzard in Collegeville.

Also, your team played tough but they came up against the AirJohnnie buzzsaw.  Erdmann and crew are playing exceptionally well.  I'm sorry to see your boys get beat on, but I'm glad to see we're so sharp.  Good luck next year.
[  

repete

Oz, Switched to watch Gophs. That 6-9, 400 kid from your town is becoming quite the road grader.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: repete on November 10, 2018, 05:49:07 PM
Oz, Switched to watch Gophs. That 6-9, 400 kid from your town is becoming quite the road grader.

Is that right?  I didn't even know there was a Gopher from Rapids.  Usually my dad tells me these things.
[  

repete

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 10, 2018, 06:35:54 PM

Is that right?  I didn't even know there was a Gopher from Rapids.  Usually my dad tells me these things.

Ha... got me. Your current town.

https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1071

hazzben

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 10, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
I've seen a lot of predictions in general, but this seems like one most likely to be laughable when it's all said and done.

Quote from: sowilson on November 10, 2018, 09:29:29 AM
I believe it is quite possible for Bethel to shut out St. Thomas tomorrow.

Quote from: sowilson on November 09, 2018, 05:59:18 PM
I'm not predicting a shutout for Bethel but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.  I'm betting Bethel will beat the spread though  ;D

This didn't turn out all that laughable. Bethel went 0-2 in the red zone, so they left some points out there. Also felt like they weren't too far from shutting UST out.

Bethel dominated from start to finish today in a total playoff atmosphere. Their D was lights out. Held Parks to something like 33 yds rushing!! Their front 7 set the tone and their secondary was all over the field making plays, breaking up passes, and great in run support.

Offense made big plays the whole game. Oline played well against the UST blitzkrieg. They got home a few times, but by and large they bought just enough time, and per usual, it led to some big plays down field and a few really big runs.

Talking with the alumni players around me at 14-7 in the second half and we all agreed, it felt like it should have been more like 28-7.

Nationally I think people look at this and think UST wasn't that good this year. I think they are maybe a bit less than years past. But I think the real story is that SJU and Bethel both really took some big steps forward this year. I'm with Oz, I think both have the tools for some big runs. Depending on matchups and player health and all that. 

OzJohnnie

Quote from: repete on November 10, 2018, 06:45:17 PM

He looks to be Fijian.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Fijians making waves in the gridiron.  I have never encountered a bigger group of people in my life.  There must be something in coconut milk because the kids all grow huge there.
[  

SaintsFAN

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 10, 2018, 05:48:50 PM
@SaintsFAN

You and your team got to experience full Minnesota.  Just an hour down the freeway in the Cities it never snowed, but there was a little blizzard in Collegeville.

Also, your team played tough but they came up against the AirJohnnie buzzsaw.  Erdmann and crew are playing exceptionally well.  I'm sorry to see your boys get beat on, but I'm glad to see we're so sharp.  Good luck next year.

Thomas More may be gone from D3, but my future fandom is up for grabs. 

Definitely was surprised with the weather, but the real blizzard took place on the scoreboard in the first 30 minutes.   Erdmann is the real deal and his receivers are on the same page with him:  which makes your team dangerous.  The team I saw today in red is Stagg-worthy.  The SJU offense made too many plays to point out just one or two.  I promise you, TMU isn't as bad as they showed today but SJU IS that good.  As I told a few Johnnies, I hope to see you'all in Texas. 

The hospitality was great and it was great meeting some of the fans.  It wasn't well-attended, but I did feel like the atmosphere was very good.  Glad I went. 

I'm sure something will be said about St Johns and Erdmann on the next podcast. 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

OldAuggie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 10, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

He looks to be Fijian.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Fijians making waves in the gridiron.  I have never encountered a bigger group of people in my life.  There must be something in coconut milk because the kids all grow huge there.
Since last spring practice I have seen this young man at open practice and at games. Up close or on the field he is huge and he makes some other Big Ten linemen look small so as I tell people there is "big" and there is Big Dan.  He can move well too and if you look at the Nebraska highlights you will see he caves in half the d line and throws a Husker out of his helmet. Until tonight I did not know what part of Australia he is from so thanks for that OZ and I wonder how many more men are there just living life being huge like Big Dan. He is an NFL prospect even though he has only been playing football for 2 years. Glad he is a Gopher.
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

OzJohnnie

Quote from: OldAuggie on November 10, 2018, 09:42:23 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 10, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

Since last spring practice I have seen this young man at open practice and at games. Up close or on the field he is huge and he makes some other Big Ten linemen look small so as I tell people there is "big" and there is Big Dan.  He can move well too and if you look at the Nebraska highlights you will see he caves in half the d line and throws a Husker out of his helmet. Until tonight I did not know what part of Australia he is from so thanks for that OZ and I wonder how many more men are there just living life being huge like Big Dan. He is an NFL prospect even though he has only been playing football for 2 years. Glad he is a Gopher.

Well, he may be born and raised in Melbourne.  I'm not sure.  But he looks Fijian so I reckon that's his heritage.
[  

sjusection105

As I have often joked, my favorite team is St. John's but my second favorite team is anyone who beats the Tommies!
Well, at least for today, my new second favorite team is the Bethel Royals.
#TomsGotRolled
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

sju56321

It might be dull now without all the usual bombastic playoff talk about ust3
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

jamtod

Quote from: sju56321 on November 10, 2018, 10:14:45 PM
It might be dull now without all the usual bombastic playoff talk about ust3

Would you prefer if we drank the red Kool aid or should we discuss how you will probably lose in the second round and watch your games closely to criticize every classless misstep that doesnt fit our perception for how the world should work?

jamtod

Congrats to Bethel today on a hard fought victory. The game didn't feel close since Bethel jumped to an early lead but we hung in it and had our chances. Just couldn't get the ground game going, and Perra was telegraphing every one of his passes. Defense uncharacteristically gave up the big runs. Seemed like we had trouble with our footing and the home field advantage really was a factor.

Good luck to Bethel and St John's in the playoffs.

sju56321

Probably just stop posting crap like that would help.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

hazzben

@jam

It was a great atmosphere, even with the smaller size crowd due to the cold. UST definitely fought till the end. Seemed like a lot of mutual respect between players.

One advantage for Bethel is they already have a playoff atmosphere, win or go home, game under their belt. And against a playoff caliber team. It’s nice having this week 9 and not a team where there’d be a drastic jump in talent next week.