MBB: Commonwealth Conference

Started by Warren Thompson, March 16, 2005, 05:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopse8

LVC should drop that ECAC trophy from last year. It means about as much as that bologna they drop in Lebanon.  

Socca,

Martz Hall is a great place to watch HS bball, but I still say the Palestra is the best. There was nothing like a district 1 final four at the Palestra, awesome history.

ColonelJohn4Life

Nice!  My old high school played at Martz Hall as recently as Tuesday.  They go for the repeat Class A title this afternoon in Hershey, and CJ will be among those present.  Though, I'm sure the old HersheyPark Arena had to be among the best places to play a high school game.

Bryan, there's no shame in an ECAC title.  An ECAC title still isn't as good as an NCAA first round loss, but anytime someone can beat F&M, it's always sweet.

soccaplaya23

I'll give you the Palestra...but I've seen plenty of games at Martz hall AND HersheyPark (old Arena)...and Martz hall is much better for overall atmosphere!

Donald Hohenwarter

soccaplaya23,

What part of the Coal Region is your home? I have a brothe rin Mt. Carmel

soccaplaya23

I'm now a Lebanon resident...but I was born and lived in Frackville (Schuylkill County...close to Martz Hall) for 22 years.  Mt. Carmel is a good place...especially if you go out to eat at Matucci's (mmm...I can taste their pizza now)!

By the way, just as a general "life rule of thumb" people in the "coal region" act a little tough, but they are nicer and more welcoming than any other area I have been.

hoopse8

Johnny boy,

If an NCAA first round loss is better then an ECAC championship then what is an NCAA final four appearance? I guess you should take back that comment about dropping the 2002 NCAA trophy off of whatever. Oh and you know me too aparently? do you like me or something?

ColonelJohn4Life

Don't hate, BTorr.  All is well.  To your point, a Final Four appearance trumps darn near everything.  Period.  The crack at '02 E-town was more my personal jealousy than anything. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>  It's the same reason I rag on the "alleged" Leb Val title of '94 - it's a title that my beloved Wilkes Colonels don't have.

Socca - that Coal Region toughness "act" may be true of everyone... that is, except Shenandoah (Chen-do, using the vernacular).  It's amazing how that one tiny town has its own accent.

ColonelJohn4Life

Congrats to JDB on the Jostens Award.

And does anyone else find the humor in the female Jostens winner being taller than the male Jostens winner??

http://www.d3hoops.com/gallery.php?photo&event=43269&photo=012" target=_top>http://www.d3hoops.com/gallery.php?photo&event=43269&photo=012

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

To be CJ4L she is wearing at least two in heels it looks like, so she isn't that much taller.

witness

Well, another season comes to a close. I'll be distracted by baseball, the Creationfest and Episode III of Star Wars for the next several months. I'll see you all again in November.

hoopse8

O ok, CJohn...your a cool cat, keep it real homie (peace sign)

ColonelJohn4Life

Donald Hohenwarter

And yet another award for J-D Byers. Nice 4 years J-D!

Warren Thompson

Marco, thanks for the info on Pat Flannery. I fear for his health; coaching in D1 seems to be eating him up.