Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Quote from: JT2 on June 21, 2019, 08:32:06 AM
Quote from: CNU85 on June 14, 2019, 01:28:14 PM
Quote from: AUPepBand on June 13, 2019, 06:14:09 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on May 28, 2019, 10:21:31 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on May 25, 2019, 06:26:52 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on May 20, 2019, 03:16:10 PM
Well....now that baseball and softball have bowed out of the NCAA.....it's football time!!!

Are there any sports for which CNU does NOT earn an NCAA bid? The Captains' men's basketball team, shooting I believe 9 of 10 from behind the arc to start the game, rattled Pep's Saxons into playing more like individuals rather than the team ball that got them there. Was happy to see the Captains advance to the Final Four. Outstanding team.

But regarding my Saxons, was pleased to see Sage Brown, Pat McLamore Jr., Dom LeMorta and Scotty Stopera walk across the stage at commencement last Saturday. Stopera spent oodles of time in the library during Finals Week....making up for lost time from the extended basketball season. Was happy to see all of them grab the diplomas.

On Saxon Warriors!

It is always good to see them walk across the stage knowing that they gave it all i the classroom as well! Congrats to those 4 gentlemen!

Not counting Cross Country and Track & Field, (which can be confusing), and not counting Sailing, CNU had 9 of 17 sports represented in the NCAA.  Men's basketball and Women's Soccer went to the final four. Women's basketball made it to at least the Sweet 16 for the 5th year out of 6 under Coach B. Second year Women's Golf program sent an individual to the NCAA and she placed 9th out of 131. Women's soccer coach named national Coach of the year. Softball had the National Freshman of the year.  Several All-Americans in numerous sports. Dance team finished 4th at NDA. Cheer squad brought home 3rd consecutive National Championship. Baseball and Softball were ranked #1 at some point this season. Football finished 7-2 in the tough NJAC with both losses in OT. Men's hoops finished ranked #3. Women's Soccer finished #4. Last year CNU finished 15th in the Director's Cup. 14th the year before.

A few sports are regrouping....Men's soccer has a new coach. Both LAX teams and Field Hockey are improving and will soon have a new Stadium and turf field. Men's LAX did not make NCAA but still managed 3 All-Americans.

Lots to be proud of - and still to remain humble. The goal is to give these kids  tremendous experiences and opportunities, as well as the tools to succeed on the field/court, the classroom and to prepare them as best as possible when they walk off that stage. (might I brag about the business school team that recently took first place in the National Bloomberg competition? Competing against teams from Princeton and Columbia. And the team taking first place in a Data Analytics competition which included UVA and Carnegie Melon).

And finally, about a recent CNU grad - she became the US  Army's first ever FOURTH generation paratrooper. She did it last year between JR and SR year. (Appropriate to mention on Memorial day). Her mother, grandfather and great-grandfather (jumped on D-Day), preceded her!

Where in the world is the pep band? Certainly the pep band was worthy of national recognition!

Heck, the AU Pep Band has a string of nineteen consecutive awards as "Allegany County's Best College Pep Band on the East Side of Kanakadea Creek."

;D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!. Well can't compete with that!!!

Most, if not all, of the pep band are also a part of  the Marching Captains.  While not getting much press, they have been in the St Patrick's Day parade...in Dublin Ireland, Thanksgiving Parade in Philadelphia and New Year's Day Parade in London, and performed the National Anthem at a Washington Nationals game.

I did some math....at over 200 members strong, the Marching Captains make up 4% of the CNU student population!

My HS band used to be the band in front of Santa for years at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Used to go every year... I think there is a rule now that bands can't go two years in a row. I hardly got to see 'em play... I was in the locker room at halftime. They've played on Broadway too [Music Man], Giants, Jets etc.., I think they are 250 members plus color guard.

AU Pep Band has yet to "make it big." Heck, we're celebrating the band's 20th anniversary this fall; in the fall of 1999, in its infancy, five kazoos comprised the spirited ensemble. Have never despised small beginnings. Will be interesting to see whether AU's new band director Raul Barcenes will want to build up a marching band out of our small group now that AU is offering a music major. He's certainly capable and Pep will be fully supportive.

Pep was a co-founder of the pep band because after years of his requests for a band falling on deaf ears, Pep took what he knew as a football fan together with the fight song, gathered five wannabe kazoo players, and AU Pep Band was born. When Pep began working at AU in summer 2000, the call for instrumentalists went out and the band has been on the AU football scene ever since.

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

CNU85

That's pretty cool, JT. Not everybody gets the invitation...especially return invitations!

I've always wanted to play a musical instrument.....perhaps I can find a good used Kazoo somewhere! That guy Pep - he cracks me up!

AUPepBand

Quote from: CNU85 on June 24, 2019, 07:53:21 AM
That's pretty cool, JT. Not everybody gets the invitation...especially return invitations!

I've always wanted to play a musical instrument.....perhaps I can find a good used Kazoo somewhere! That guy Pep - he cracks me up!

Trust me, 85, you don't want a used kazoo. Yuck! If you're ever in the Buffalo area, you can get a brand new kazoo right from the factory!
http://www.edenkazoo.com/index.php

Or, check out Vidler's in East Aurora, (which, in New York State is about 135 miles west of Aurora). Pep has purchased a bunch of kazoos from Vidler's.
https://www.vidlers5and10.com/

Two of the many gems in Western New York!

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

JT2

After 15 years calling minor league games, Rowan grad John Sadak is now the fill-in play-by-play radio guy for the NY Mets. Welcome to the MLB... even if it's just the Mets.  ;D
Tip - Stay young by having your first kid when you're almost 50.

If there are no dogs in Heaven when I die, I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers.

CNU85

Quote from: AUPepBand on June 25, 2019, 06:16:35 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on June 24, 2019, 07:53:21 AM

Trust me, 85, you don't want a used kazoo. Yuck! If you're ever in the Buffalo area, you can get a brand new kazoo right from the factory!
http://www.edenkazoo.com/index.php

Or, check out Vidler's in East Aurora, (which, in New York State is about 135 miles west of Aurora). Pep has purchased a bunch of kazoos from Vidler's.
https://www.vidlers5and10.com/

Two of the many gems in Western New York!

On Saxon Warriors!

Perhaps on a future adventure. My dad lived in Brockport in the 80's and had a cabin in Cuba. That's about as close as I've gotten to a genuine NY Kazoo (other than the tourist trip to Niagra Falls).

MRMIKESMITH

It appears that Salisbury has filled their Week 3 with Central International College ???, does anyone have any insight on this team and what division they are part of. It's a shame that they could not get a game for that week, it's not like we are all world. I know there were multiple teams that have scheduled non-DIII schools or decided not have a game that would have been a good matchup for us...

Caz Bombers

Quote from: MANDGSU on June 28, 2019, 02:08:12 PM
It appears that Salisbury has filled their Week 3 with Central International College ???, does anyone have any insight on this team and what division they are part of. It's a shame that they could not get a game for that week, it's not like we are all world. I know there were multiple teams that have scheduled non-DIII schools or decided not have a game that would have been a good matchup for us...

It's a non-countable opponent and should be marked as an exhibition. Maybe Central International should join the NAAC (Not Actually A College)

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/ForSIDs/CountOppDefinition.pdf

MRMIKESMITH

CNU85

CNU85

Quote from: Caz Bombers on June 28, 2019, 02:44:27 PM
Quote from: MANDGSU on June 28, 2019, 02:08:12 PM

It's a non-countable opponent and should be marked as an exhibition. Maybe Central International should join the NAAC (Not Actually A College)

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/ForSIDs/CountOppDefinition.pdf

The founder of CIC is a fairly well known football coach!

http://richmondfreepress.com/news/2015/nov/03/gridiron-president/

And their current coach is also a college scout for NPID

WesleyFB_8

Quote from: CNU85 on July 01, 2019, 10:40:17 AM
Quote from: WesleyFB_8 on June 29, 2019, 12:26:33 PM
Article/interview with my son
https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/coray-williams/

A great read. I wish the best for the young man! (except vs CNU!!)  ;D
Thank you. Looking forward to the season. CNU game is going to be a huge weekend, birthday weekend for him.

WesleyFB_8

Quote from: MANDGSU on July 01, 2019, 09:10:37 AM
Quote from: WesleyFB_8 on June 29, 2019, 12:26:33 PM
Article/interview with my son
https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/coray-williams/

Nice article, hoping for all success for Coray except against Salisbury  ;D
Thank you. Hopefully I can get to the game this year, missed last year's OT win. Hope to meet some people from this board also

RowanPhan

I don't know anything about NFLdraftdiamonds, but happy to see them interview one of Rowan's best players. Rehem is one of my favorite players in college football. He's just an incredibly dangerous returner.

PROSPECT INTERVIEWS
2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Elijah Rehm, WR, Rowan University

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/elijah-rehm/
Go Rowan!