FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowanPhan

I don't know much about DoubleGSports (greater NY, greater Philadelphia) but they state they'll cover the NJAC this season so I'm not complaining. Below they take a look at some of the best players in the NJAC who hope to lead their team to a conference title.

2019 NJAC Football Preview: Top Returnees
https://doublegsports.com/2019-njac-conference-football-preview/
Go Rowan!

Teamski

Thanks for the heads up!  +1...... Sucks that Farmingdale State left the NJAC though. ;)

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

RowanPhan

Quote from: Teamski on July 14, 2019, 01:19:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up!  +1...... Sucks that Farmingdale State left the NJAC though. ;)

-Ski
Haha... at least he's half right
Go Rowan!

ITH radio

Quote from: RowanPhan on July 14, 2019, 12:10:01 PM
I don't know much about DoubleGSports (greater NY, greater Philadelphia) but they state they'll cover the NJAC this season so I'm not complaining. Below they take a look at some of the best players in the NJAC who hope to lead their team to a conference title.

2019 NJAC Football Preview: Top Returnees
https://doublegsports.com/2019-njac-conference-football-preview/

They missed the fact there's only 8 teams though. At least they didn't list any Frostburg or SoVA guys.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

thewaterboy

Joe Callahan just got picked up by the Ravens following an injury to RGIII.

Interesting situation... the only other QB is Trace McSorley, who the Ravens would be inclined to be invested in since hes a draft pick. Callahan and McSorley will fight over the backup spot to Lamar Jackson while RGIII heals. Maybe if Joe can make some noise he can stick around a little longer, since it seems RGIII is always hurt.

Teamski

Quote from: thewaterboy on July 29, 2019, 07:43:09 PM

Interesting situation... the only other QB is Trace McSorley, who the Ravens would be inclined to be invested in since hes a draft pick. Callahan and McSorley will fight over the backup spot to Lamar Jackson while RGIII heals. Maybe if Joe can make some noise he can stick around a little longer, since it seems RGIII is always hurt.

Joe Callahan, the kid that won't quit.  Great news!

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: thewaterboy on July 29, 2019, 07:43:09 PM

That's awesome!

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: CNU85 on July 01, 2019, 11:12:35 AM
Quote from: Caz Bombers on June 28, 2019, 02:44:27 PM
Quote from: MANDGSU on June 28, 2019, 02:08:12 PM
It appears that Salisbury has filled their Week 3 with Central International College ???, does anyone have any insight on this team and what division they are part of. It's a shame that they could not get a game for that week, it's not like we are all world. I know there were multiple teams that have scheduled non-DIII schools or decided not have a game that would have been a good matchup for us...

It's a non-countable opponent and should be marked as an exhibition. Maybe Central International should join the NAAC (Not Actually A College)

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/ForSIDs/CountOppDefinition.pdf

The founder of CIC is a fairly well known football coach!

http://richmondfreepress.com/news/2015/nov/03/gridiron-president/

And their current coach is also a college scout for NPID

From what I've heard the CIC team is a continuation of the Virginia-Lynchburg program, they are just now located in Richmond.

rams1102

Does anyone have any idea when the NJAC Coaches meet and release how they perseve the Division to stack up?
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

CNU85

Quote from: rams1102 on August 06, 2019, 01:02:52 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the NJAC Coaches meet and release how they perseve the Division to stack up?

I would think within the next week.

thewaterboy

A couple more Florida recruits for Wesley... I think that makes 5. Nice to see them expand their radius a little bit. It will only make them more competitive. QB Drew Fry looks to be the top of a very good recruiting class for the Wolverines.

One thing, I think, that people may overlook this year is that Wesley returns a lot of key pieces. Offensively, you lose Kemp. But you retain: EJ Lee, Corterris Simpson, Ruhann Peele (who has shown D1 toughness), Keshaun Henry, Abe Mansaray and Jerrish Halsey (who showed promise late in the season). RB Xavier Drummond returns from an ACL injury, and it looks like Marcellus Pack will be used on the offensive side of the ball as he is listed as an RB. That's a solid group.

On the o-line, you lose Devin Miller and Mo Manuel, but Andrew Risper, Ty-Key Moore, Angel Guerrero, Josh Hughes and Jay Johnson all return with valuable experience.

Defensively is where it gets even more interesting. The secondary took the brunt of the graduating losing Capp Miller, Dequay Harris-Winbush, and Shawny'e Jones is no longer on the roster. But other than that, a young group returns.... In the secondary you have Coray Williams (sr.), Marcus Gaspard (jr.) and Isiah Mitchell (jr.). At linebacker there's many guys that came on late to make an impact. Nazir Williams (jr.), Dante Daniel (jr.), Jalund Johnson (so.), and Jay Holmes (so.) and Mike Brewer. On the D-line, Nick Glover returns from a knee injury, Will Scott, and  Tommy Tanner provide a solid foundation.

The big question is: who is playing Quarterback? Junior Dave Marrocco would seem like QB1 going into camp. You also have Sr. Jon Mullin and So. Jared Wagenhoffer, both of whom appeared to be behind Marrocco on the depth chart last season. My concern for those 3: why did the coaching staff stick with Khaaliq Burroughs last season instead of turning to one of them? Then, you have the freshman Drew Fry, who comes in very highly touted. My concern with him: he's a freshman. He's gotta be able to do school too. If he starts, then you are essentially investing the next 4 years in him.... if he flunks out, transfers, or anything of the sort, then you're back to square 1. Especially at QB, you have to be committed to the team. One thing is certain though, I think offensively, Wesley has the tools to be as good as ever.... they just need an adequate QB to do that. KB left a lot to be desired last year.

CNU85

Good stuff Waterboy. Not sure what I could say about CNU this year. The recruiting class looks good....on paper. And often Fr do not contribute for a year or two. We had 19 Seniors on last year's team. Many contributed in a big way. Last year we went 7-2 with both losses in OT and a game against Frostburg cancelled. Even if that game ended with the L...a 7-3 record is a good season in the NJAC. 2 OT losses. A very good year indeed.

The incoming class is big. And some from out of state. That's good to see as well. Probably the most notable recruit is at QB. A big kid at 6'3 195. Led his team to the state semifinals. 13-1 record. Team was ranked #4 in state at end of the season at the highest level in VA  - 6A. But as you said...he is a Fr and has to go to school. No easy task at CNU. Third hardest state school in VA to get into...behind William & Mary and UVA. Avg SAT score is over 1200. Avg high school GPA will probably hit close to 3.80.

This is part of the fun....figuring out how your team will stack up in one the toughest conferences. 
The first CNU game will be a huge test!! North Central! At least it is at home. In the heat and humidity!

CNU85

Top 25 is out. 3 NJAC teams getting votes. CNU opens the season against #5!!

bleedpurple

Quote from: thewaterboy on August 06, 2019, 07:00:02 PM
A couple more Florida recruits for Wesley... I think that makes 5. Nice to see them expand their radius a little bit. It will only make them more competitive. QB Drew Fry looks to be the top of a very good recruiting class for the Wolverines.

One thing, I think, that people may overlook this year is that Wesley returns a lot of key pieces. Offensively, you lose Kemp. But you retain: EJ Lee, Corterris Simpson, Ruhann Peele (who has shown D1 toughness),

What is D1 toughness?

thewaterboy

Quote from: bleedpurple on August 08, 2019, 09:40:50 PM
Quote from: thewaterboy on August 06, 2019, 07:00:02 PM

One thing, I think, that people may overlook this year is that Wesley returns a lot of key pieces. Offensively, you lose Kemp. But you retain: EJ Lee, Corterris Simpson, Ruhann Peele (who has shown D1 toughness),

What is D1 toughness?
For a receiver, he's pretty tough to bring down. He transferred in from Rutgers and his strength showed last year.

Quote from: CNU85 on August 07, 2019, 01:52:12 PM
Good stuff Waterboy. Not sure what I could say about CNU this year. The recruiting class looks good....on paper. And often Fr do not contribute for a year or two. We had 19 Seniors on last year's team. Many contributed in a big way. Last year we went 7-2 with both losses in OT and a game against Frostburg cancelled. Even if that game ended with the L...a 7-3 record is a good season in the NJAC. 2 OT losses. A very good year indeed.

The incoming class is big. And some from out of state. That's good to see as well. Probably the most notable recruit is at QB. A big kid at 6'3 195. Led his team to the state semifinals. 13-1 record. Team was ranked #4 in state at end of the season at the highest level in VA  - 6A. But as you said...he is a Fr and has to go to school. No easy task at CNU. Third hardest state school in VA to get into...behind William & Mary and UVA. Avg SAT score is over 1200. Avg high school GPA will probably hit close to 3.80.

This is part of the fun....figuring out how your team will stack up in one the toughest conferences. 
The first CNU game will be a huge test!! North Central! At least it is at home. In the heat and humidity!
Interesting.... Does CNU return anyone at QB or is there a competition there like at Wesley?