FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterJedi

Quote from: AO on April 24, 2014, 10:42:27 AM
Quote from: MasterJedi on April 24, 2014, 10:31:29 AM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on April 24, 2014, 09:49:17 AM
Quote from: cubs on April 23, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
UW Oshkosh will not have a single non-conference game against a D3 opponent next season.  They will be playing a pair of NAIA schools and D1-AA/FCS  South Dakota State.

http://www.uwoshkoshtitans.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140423n4658e

UWW might be heading down that path as well...

Well I hope it's not against a Division I FCS school. Oshkosh is about to get rocked in that game. If anything go against Division II, at least there's a chance there.
There wouldn't be very many non-conference games played if coaches were only willing to schedule games where they had a good chance to win.

Doesn't mean that UWW or any other DIII school would actually win the game agains the DII school but at least there might be some chance to win, depending on how good the school is, whereas going against South Dakota State is looking for a thrashing.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: bleedpurple on April 24, 2014, 12:05:49 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 24, 2014, 11:18:13 AM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on April 24, 2014, 09:49:17 AM
Quote from: cubs on April 23, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
UW Oshkosh will not have a single non-conference game against a D3 opponent next season.  They will be playing a pair of NAIA schools and D1-AA/FCS  South Dakota State.

http://www.uwoshkoshtitans.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140423n4658e

UWW might be heading down that path as well...

What we know about Whitewater's schedule to date:
http://www.d3football.com/teams/UW-Whitewater/2014/index

Three home games so far. We need to remember this if UW-W ends up playing a lower level NAIA team or something for their fourth home game.  Playing a bad team REALLY IS "better than nothing" when "nothing" is genuinely the most likely alternative.

Not only does UWW have to convince teams to play them in this upcoming season, but they also have to convince them to travel to Whitewater for the game. Not easy.

bleedpurple

OK, here's what we need to do. Let's raise the money privately to fly Linfield in for a Friday night game, September 5th. Next year, we will find a way to go there.

The advantages:

1. UW-W assured of another home game against a quality opponent.
2. Linfield gets their 10th game.
3. It doesn't mess with Linfield's bye.
4. It is a Friday night game, so Linfield's next week isn't so screwed up. Thursday night might be even better.
5. The strength of schedule and numbers of RRO will increase for both schools.
6. Linfield would not be afraid of coming to the Perk.

The disadvantages:

1. It's not realistic.

Six advantages to one disadvantage! Let's go for it!  ;D

DBQ1965

Quote from: bleedpurple on April 24, 2014, 02:42:08 PM
OK, here's what we need to do. Let's raise the money privately to fly Linfield in for a Friday night game, September 5th. Next year, we will find a way to go there.

The advantages:

4. It is a Friday night game, so Linfield's next week isn't so screwed up. Thursday night might be even better.

The disadvantages:

1. It's not realistic.

If U of Dubuque could fly out to Redlands a few years ago, why is it not realistic for Linfield to fly out to UWW?
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

wildcat11

Quote from: DBQ1965 on April 24, 2014, 04:06:48 PM
If U of Dubuque could fly out to Redlands a few years ago, why is it not realistic for Linfield to fly out to UWW?

Linfield has flown 8 times on their own dime over the past 5 years.  While I know that's what typically Wesley does in two seasons, I don't think the college would be supportive of adding an extra flight games when their traditional 9 game schedule is already booked.  On top of that the program is in the middle of raising money for a number of improvement projects so saving an extra 50K would be a big deal. 

Maybe we could revisit this before the 2016 season?  ;D

footballfan413

Quote from: bleedpurple on April 24, 2014, 02:42:08 PM

The advantages:

7.  My birthday is September 4th and that would be a hell of a birthday present!!   ;D

The disadvantages:

1. It's not realistic.

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

Brian R. Carroll

UWL schedule is up, and it is another tough one.

02 Warhawk

WISportsAwards ‏@WISportsAwards
College Athlete of the Year nominees:Jared Abbrederis (UW) Matt Behrendt (UWW) Vander Blue (MU) Chris Borland (UW) Lauren Carlini (UW) #WSA

palum

According to P-villes website John Kelly will be playing for Vantaa Taft of the American Football Association of Finland.

http://athletics.uwplatt.edu/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/20140423jj8s9j 

I've heard of Finland before but that's about it.

bleedpurple

Quote from: wildcat11 on April 24, 2014, 04:45:45 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on April 24, 2014, 04:06:48 PM

Linfield has flown 8 times on their own dime over the past 5 years.  While I know that's what typically Wesley does in two seasons, I don't think the college would be supportive of adding an extra flight games when their traditional 9 game schedule is already booked.  On top of that the program is in the middle of raising money for a number of improvement projects so saving an extra 50K would be a big deal. 

Maybe we could revisit this before the 2016 season?  ;D

Hey WC! I hope you are doing well.

Is 50K about what it costs a team to do a road game that involves a flight? I have always wondered the ballpark number for that. 

MasterJedi

Spoke with a guy from Iowa today, somehow got on the top of college and football and he lives near Waldorf and follows their program. He seems to think that UWW might be making a trip to Waldorf this year.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: MasterJedi on April 28, 2014, 01:54:32 PM
Spoke with a guy from Iowa today, somehow got on the top of college and football and he lives near Waldorf and follows their program. He seems to think that UWW might be making a trip to Waldorf this year.

I'm guessing that is a last resort for Lance, considering UWW is trying to avoid scheduling more road games. However, they played here last year, so it only makes since for us to go there next.

bluenote

.... how do you post a graphic?...whenever I follow the instructions I get an error. 

Don't suppose any of you computer smart people can help me out?

MasterJedi

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on April 28, 2014, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: MasterJedi on April 28, 2014, 01:54:32 PM

I'm guessing that is a last resort for Lance, considering UWW is trying to avoid scheduling more road games. However, they played here last year, so it only makes since for us to go there next.

It's official now, the game is listed at UWW on Waldorf's website. No time listed though but it appears it will be a Friday night game.  http://www.waldorfwarriors.com/schedule/12/6.php

KitchenSink

Shows at Whitewater again.  Not in Iowa.
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!