MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y_jack_lok

^^^ Well, that's a little over a million dollars if the money going to the MacMurray students could be deemed to be of benefit to the college, which I expect is unlikely. So my guess is that the 677k would not be enough to save the institution.

Also, is there a reason Principia is not on the list? Not eligible?

WUPHF

I forgot to mention: Principia was not listed in the highered database. Principia often gets left out because they also run an elementary and secondary school.  I have to think they get money too.

y_jack_lok

Thanks. Interesting. I know they have the elementary and secondary schools. I guess they are all part of a single system which muddies the waters for the college a bit when it comes to this kind of thing.

WUPHF

I figured you knew about the other schools; I mention that for anyone else who may be reading.

I guess we get to wait around for the extremely good news coming tomorrow.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on April 12, 2020, 07:07:11 PM
I figured you knew about the other schools; I mention that for anyone else who may be reading.

I guess we get to wait around for the extremely good news coming tomorrow.

;) ;) ;)
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Titan Q

Todd Creal on Facebook...

The last couple weeks have been difficult to say the least. The announced closing of MacMurray College hit me hard and the range of emotions from sadness to anger have been a roller coaster. I have been searching for the next step for me and for my family. I am very happy to announce that I have been offered and accepted the Associate Head Men's Basketball Coaching position at Westminster College in Fulton, MO. I am grateful for the opportunity to work for Head Coach Matt Mitchell, a coach that I have the utmost respect for. Matt really helped me get the job at MacMurray College 13 years ago. I will also be the Sports Information Director there. Happy to be around great people. Happy to be at a great place. Happy and proud to be a Blue Jay!

Very nice to hear.

hopefan

See TQ's announcement above... so much for the pure joy I was going to have by posting the news...

GU1999

Quote from: hopefan on April 13, 2020, 01:26:23 PM
See TQ's announcement above... so much for the pure joy I was going to have by posting the news...

I had a few wishful scenarios going through my head and all but one of them included a quick addition of a 10th team to the league.  The only outlier was that I thought that Logan D. would be a Great fit at GU.  He thrived in the tempo games over that last two years. 

I am glad for Creal.  Westminster is such a classy place.  One of the jewels in the league.

y_jack_lok

From observing Creal on the sidelines, he is a really passionate coach who appears to really care for his players and their success. Happy that he has landed this position so quickly after the MacMurray announcement.

Gregory Sager

Shame on Bob for carelessly yanking the rug out from under an, um, elder statesman. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hopefan

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 13, 2020, 06:23:11 PM

elder statesman. ;)

YIKES

Titan Q

Sorry, hopefan...just now seeing the part above about the big announcement.  Didn't mean to steal your thunder.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Titan Q on April 13, 2020, 11:41:50 AM

The last couple weeks have been difficult to say the least. The announced closing of MacMurray College hit me hard and the range of emotions from sadness to anger have been a roller coaster. I have been searching for the next step for me and for my family. I am very happy to announce that I have been offered and accepted the Associate Head Men's Basketball Coaching position at Westminster College in Fulton, MO. I am grateful for the opportunity to work for Head Coach Matt Mitchell, a coach that I have the utmost respect for. Matt really helped me get the job at MacMurray College 13 years ago. I will also be the Sports Information Director there. Happy to be around great people. Happy to be at a great place. Happy and proud to be a Blue Jay!

Very nice to hear.

hopefan...."what's Facebook?"
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 13, 2020, 07:50:03 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on April 13, 2020, 11:41:50 AM

Very nice to hear.

hopefan...."what's Facebook?"

It's where, um, elder statesmen do their social networking.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hopefan

Quote from: Titan Q on April 13, 2020, 07:22:16 PM
Sorry, hopefan...just now seeing the part above about the big announcement.  Didn't mean to steal your thunder.

Thanks TQ.. I assumed you had missed my build-up post, which had pushed off the current page of posts... and I would never condemn someone who is such a major part of D3hoops.com....
Todd Creal and I have been close for a number of years... had some great SLIAC Basketball conversation... he confided to me a little over a week ago that this was in the works, and it's hard for me to express how happy I was for him.... it puts him in a great position to succeed into Matt Mitchell's Head Coaching job when Coach Mitch moves up, or off, the coaching ladder... in the mean time, a super coaching duo... I've immediately referred to them as fire and ice... the firey Associate Head Coach Creal, the cool and calculated Head Coach Matt Mitchell.  Indeed this was great news in the SLIAC in very tough times.