D3boards.com history

Started by hopefan, March 14, 2020, 02:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

While going back to the Wayback Machine archives, I saw a post by Mr Ypsi, before he assumed the current alias in the witness protection program.  LOL.

One other old timer to recall is the Hall of Famer, Warren Thompson, 2531 posts and registered on November 20, 1998.

I do not recall the details of diehardfan's leaving well enough to post on a message board.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: hopefan on March 18, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 18, 2020, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: hopefan on March 18, 2020, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 17, 2020, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: hopefan on March 17, 2020, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 17, 2020, 12:13:51 PM
I still see Knightstalker, David Collinge and PG04 on facebook. Gro, I believe, is with us under a different name. JT was banned for excessive political posting and ax-grinding but served his time and came back as JT2, where he has posted occasionally.

Happy they are each still with us... I read Knightstalker frequently in the NJAC room back in the days when that conference was a regular in the national rankings.  Met Dave Collinge somewhere, probably an NCAA tourney game involving Hope and an Ohio school..  'gro was a LL football poster, probably the most entertaining room ever on D3boards (I never attempted to get involved, I would not have come close to keeping up with those guys), but read it often as an RPI alum....

I'm having a senior moment... what was the young lady's ID who was such a great supporter of Wheaton?  I remember seeing Wash U - Wheaton play and she brought me chocolate chip cookies due to some remark in the CCIW room.... as good as the CCIW room is now, her inclusions in discussions with Sager, TQ etal were truly the best.... Whatever happened to her?????

She's alive and kicking... just not here.

Yes, but who did she post as??  I remember she use a D3hoops name for a time, and her real name for a time... just can't remember what they were.....

diehardfan

aaaaahhhh... that's it!!!!!   Do you remember why we lost her????

I believe she grew up and got on with life.  Someday it might happen to the rest of us.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Ron Boerger

FWIW I was BedtimeforBonzo before going legit when I was a regional columnist for d3fb for a couple of seasons.

No, I can't tell you why I picked that name.

hopefan

Quote from: Ron Boerger on March 18, 2020, 10:44:42 PM
FWIW I was BedtimeforBonzo before going legit when I was a regional columnist for d3fb for a couple of seasons.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger on March 18, 2020, 10:44:42 PM

I wasn't gonna "out" you!   :)

mailsy

I haven't been on this board as long,(only 12 years this month) and I don't have as many posts, but I've been carrying around this nickname/moniker since 11‐5‐83.  ;D
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 18, 2020, 03:17:56 PM
Quote from: hopefan on March 18, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 18, 2020, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: hopefan on March 18, 2020, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 17, 2020, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: hopefan on March 17, 2020, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 17, 2020, 12:13:51 PM
I still see Knightstalker, David Collinge and PG04 on facebook. Gro, I believe, is with us under a different name. JT was banned for excessive political posting and ax-grinding but served his time and came back as JT2, where he has posted occasionally.

Happy they are each still with us... I read Knightstalker frequently in the NJAC room back in the days when that conference was a regular in the national rankings.  Met Dave Collinge somewhere, probably an NCAA tourney game involving Hope and an Ohio school..  'gro was a LL football poster, probably the most entertaining room ever on D3boards (I never attempted to get involved, I would not have come close to keeping up with those guys), but read it often as an RPI alum....

I'm having a senior moment... what was the young lady's ID who was such a great supporter of Wheaton?  I remember seeing Wash U - Wheaton play and she brought me chocolate chip cookies due to some remark in the CCIW room.... as good as the CCIW room is now, her inclusions in discussions with Sager, TQ etal were truly the best.... Whatever happened to her?????

She's alive and kicking... just not here.

Yes, but who did she post as??  I remember she use a D3hoops name for a time, and her real name for a time... just can't remember what they were.....

diehardfan

aaaaahhhh... that's it!!!!!   Do you remember why we lost her????

I believe she grew up and got on with life.  Someday it might happen to the rest of us.

diehardfan was April [blanking on her last name].  The story I heard [someone please correct me if this is not correct] was that she was being stalked and sexually harassed by another poster.  Pat banned that poster for life, but diehardfan dropped out for awhile anyway.  She eventually returned periodically as April .... , but it has now been some time since her last post.

hopefan

April...yes...the other name I couldn't remember...  that brought a flashback of thinking I remember having lunch with her and another poster (crazy, but I'm thinking Dave Collinge) at a place in St Louis west end then going over to Wash U for a big game....LONG AGO...

Pat Coleman

And maybe for her privacy, her last name can be kept out of the discussion.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 22, 2020, 09:40:30 PM
And maybe for her privacy, her last name can be kept out of the discussion.

Or,  like,  even her first name?

Pat Coleman

Probably, but diehardfan's first name was referenced often.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

While my heated disagreements with FCNews aka Denny McKinney were somewhat infamous (though we always made up), history has lost my interactions with another poster that were seen by few, as it took place in the rarely viewed AMCC room.  I would view that room regularly as some of the conference members were located in Western Pa. where I was born and raised.  Well, one poster was UPB88 (this likely occurred in early 00's), and he was very proud of Pitt-Bradford's program...   well as my first job out of college was at the U of Pittsburgh, I had been up to the Bradford campus several times in the early 70's, and believe me, NO ONE wanted to go to U of P, Bradford campus... isolated, snowy, and COLD... well I referred to it as a regional campus, and UPB88 went ballistic, as it had evidently gained some amount of status over 20 years...   anyway, it was too good, it was Jim vs Dwight, so I got in the mode of posting about whatever UPB was doing, but referring to it as the Regional Campus of Pitt, at Bradford.   Poor UPB88 would get VERY upset.    The little devil in me came out badly on that one....

hopefan

I was hoping we'd get a lot of memories of humorous writers or writings from the past here... unfortunately not yet.... another hopefan idea down the drain  ::) ::) ::)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Pat Coleman

I had coffee with my kid at Saints Rest once. Does that count?