WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

augie

Three years in a row for the Lady Royals not winning the Landmark.Thanks in big part to this coaching staff.Younger coaches are out recruiting him and out coaching him every game.Maybe him and his posse can go into the sunset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!16-10 with two division 1 transfers and this is what you get.

lefty2

Quote from: augie on February 22, 2012, 10:02:13 PM
Three years in a row for the Lady Royals not winning the Landmark.Thanks in big part to this coaching staff.Younger coaches are out recruiting him and out coaching him every game.Maybe him and his posse can go into the sunset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!16-10 with two division 1 transfers and this is what you get.

And three years-in-a-row of you ripping one of the winningest coaches in the history of the D-III women's game.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

augie

Lefty2 it is called freedom of speech.

cold_case

I understand Scranton showed mucho class yesterday. It was learned that the Catholic gals requested a shoot-around at Scranton's gym early in the day but Scranton said NO!
CUA eventually called King's who said "come on down," so they had their shoot-around in Wilkes-Barre.
Stay classy, Scranton!
I am repeating this on the men's side so everyone can hear about it.

saratoga

lefthander: Strong IS the winningest coach in DIII.
In recent years...not so much.
Beyond that, all is not well in Lady Royal land these days.

sp0rtsfan

I may be wrong here, however, could the slide of Royals women's hoops coincide with the absence of Denna Klingman from the coaching staff ????

NEPAFAN

I heard he is committed to this year's freshman class so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Whatever happened to Roy A?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

augie

Nepafan please tell me, that is not true and if so his recruiting class consist of one recruit.Maybe they will hit the trail early this year they have all the time in the world to see many High school games now that the season is finished!!!Sp0rtsfan that can be very true she is a great teacher of the game.

sp0rtsfan

Augie,
In addition to Deanna's teaching capability, I felt she was an effective recruiter and also related well to the girls who were on the team as a mentor...

saratoga

NEPA: Strong retired 2 years ago from the University. Therefore, he is no longer covered by tenure.
Right now he is an employee at will & can be let go for any number of reasons.
The fact that he wants to coach four more years is one thing. Whether or not that will be his call is quite another. Please refer to previous headlines under "Coach Bessoir".
To echo Augie's point...if it were not for 2 DI transfers landing in his lap this year...what would the Lady Royals record have honestly looked like?
As far as recruiting, all I can say is thank God he has an aggressive young coach with him to bring the talent in.

NEPAFAN

You guys are unreal. Were you calling for the firing of Bessior in the late 90s?

Strong isn't going anywhere, you can't go to the Final Four every year.

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Congrats to the CUA ladies on their conference championship... Juniata is now a pretty sure Pool C lock... popping someone's bubble.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Yes, congrats also, especially winning on the road @ Scranton and Juniata with an underclassmen team. As Coach Donahue said, they did the things that win big games. Nice to have 2 Landmark schools in the NCAA tourney, even if neither is Scranton.

bbald eagle

Brookland: my heartlfelt congratulations. CUA women finally get a championship, beating Juniata in the one that counts most. Congrats.

BigMac

Odds are that the D-1 transfer from American will be somewhere else next year. Always looking for the better place  3 high schools, and a different AAU team every year now American U and Scranton in the same year she is doing what she has always done. My guess she was not playing at American so she left. Playing at Scranton but not a D-1 school. Maybe she is happy but we will see