FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddog

All I hear is Maynard is cracking the whip on the team, everything is being overhauled, from schemes to recruiting....Everything is changing.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

wildcat11

Quote from: olddog on January 19, 2016, 10:59:02 AM
All I hear is Maynard is cracking the whip on the team, everything is being overhauled, from schemes to recruiting....Everything is changing.

Hemingway13

Former SCIAC Off. Player of the Year Eric Rogers (Cal Lu) reported on NFL Network to be signing a two year contract with San Franciso. Well done, Eric, after achievement of becoming the top WR in the Canadian League!
"Courage is grace under pressure." Ernest Hemingway

wildcat11

Quote from: Hemingway13 on January 21, 2016, 12:54:35 AM
Former SCIAC Off. Player of the Year Eric Rogers (Cal Lu) reported on NFL Network to be signing a two year contract with San Franciso. Well done, Eric, after achievement of becoming the top WR in the Canadian League!

Congrats to Rogers.  He was a fantastic player at CLU.

olddog

Quote from: wildcat11 on January 21, 2016, 12:04:16 PM

Congrats to Rogers.  He was a fantastic player at CLU.

Great story, add one more D3 player to the league.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

RFB

What a desperation move by my Niners, not surprised with the clown show currently running the team. If he makes the team we are in trouble.

leo4life

Quote from: D O.C. on January 14, 2016, 03:41:39 PM
SJUrube....don't look at us. Our bucks go to NFL Network.

I do suggest anyone who likes basketball see the Chino Hills High School team this season while they still have four family members playing at the same time.
#1 in the country. 3s and a swarming D.

Saw Chino Hills play @ Rancho Cucamonga. CH just blew them out. 
I'll take in the CH / Etiwanda game tomorrow @ Etiwanda.
E Hi's the Baseline's last chance to thwart CH. Etiwanda is usually in the hunt for a  CIF title, but theyre down this year.

jknezek

Washington and Lee just (sort of) released their 2016 schedule today and I am thrilled to see C-M-S coming to Lexington 9/17. The Stags seem to be a team on the rise, and W&L is coming off their first 10 win season in program history and their first undefeated regular season in decades. Seems like this could be a good match up of programs that have risen to the top of their respective conferences and I hope it is the front half of a home and home.

Swat

Quote from: jknezek on February 01, 2016, 11:09:14 AM
Washington and Lee just (sort of) released their 2016 schedule today and I am thrilled to see C-M-S coming to Lexington 9/17. The Stags seem to be a team on the rise, and W&L is coming off their first 10 win season in program history and their first undefeated regular season in decades. Seems like this could be a good match up of programs that have risen to the top of their respective conferences and I hope it is the front half of a home and home.

SCIAC teams seem to schedule non-conference games as a home and home series (some of the board long-timers can probably confirm) so I would expect to see W&L in SoCal next fall. It will be nice to see how a SCIAC stacks up against teams outside the PNW conference other than in the first round of the playoffs. Does anyone with longer SCIAC experience know how often teams travel to locations other than PNW?

In any case it should be fun for the players to travel east. I hear the W&L campus and surrounding area is very nice.

jknezek

Quote from: Swat on February 01, 2016, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: jknezek on February 01, 2016, 11:09:14 AM

SCIAC teams seem to schedule non-conference games as a home and home series (some of the board long-timers can probably confirm) so I would expect to see W&L in SoCal next fall. It will be nice to see how a SCIAC stacks up against teams outside the PNW conference other than in the first round of the playoffs. Does anyone with longer SCIAC experience know how often teams travel to locations other than PNW?

In any case it should be fun for the players to travel east. I hear the W&L campus and surrounding area is very nice.

Lexington VA is a beautiful area, especially that time of year. Too early for the leaves to change, but it is nicely nestled in the Shenandoah Valley. The campus is very compact and quite pretty, the facilities are very good. Hopefully most of the construction will be finished by then as it has played havoc with the athletic areas this year, but when finished it will make the football field feel more connected to everyday campus life and hopefully help drive attendance at games.

I'm pleased to see this match up and I hope you are correct and it is a home and home. The ODAC drops back to a 7 team league next year when Catholic leaves if nothing else changes, so a match up with a SCIAC team could help both teams fill a schedule hole.

D O.C.

New one on me.
PNW=Pacific North West.

How does a fan fly from SoCal (Southern California ;) ) to Lexington, VA?

jknezek

Quote from: D O.C. on February 01, 2016, 04:43:26 PM
New one on me.
PNW=Pacific North West.

How does a fan fly from SoCal (Southern California ;) ) to Lexington, VA?

It isn't easy. LAX to an eastern hub like Atlanta or Charlotte. Then a short hop to Roanoke. Then a 40-50 mile drive north to Lexington along I81. Probably 10-11 hours of travel door to door, with 7 hours being the flights and layovers and the rest getting to and from the airport and twiddling your thumbs.

$500 or $600 dollars for flights, $50-$100 for a rental car, $150-$300 for two nights in a hotel, $125 for a few days of bad food or $200 for better food. W&L doesn't charge for tickets though, so you have that going for you!

D O.C.

leo4life

Any links / sites for D3 commits.
Looking for SCIAC mostly.

Gray Fox

Quote from: leo4life on February 05, 2016, 01:58:48 PM
Any links / sites for D3 commits.
Looking for SCIAC mostly.

No such thing as a SCIAC commit.  Coaches just hope they pay tuition and show up as they said they would.
Fierce When Roused