MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopie_doopie

Watch out for MAC.  Another year older, no seniors last year, a good recruiting class, more competition for playing time.

Daryl L Lloyd

Competition for playing time??? I thought Mac tries to put asmany guys as they can in one game on the court.

hoopie_doopie

I think about everyone on Mac's roster played significant minutes in a game last season.  But with the recruits I have seen talked about, if everyone comes back and is eligible, it looks like there could be 27 or 28 on the roster.  They can't play that many, can they?  And so it would seem to me there will be competition for playing time.  Which should mean very competitive practices which may lead to a better team.   :-*

Daryl L Lloyd

You might be surprised with the amount of guys theyll play. We'll just have to wait and see.

fcnews

Daryl - How was your summer? Everything good in your part of the world? WU will have a different look this year. What's your take on the Gorlocks for the 05-06 season.

hopefan

Fontbonne is the only SLIAC school who does not yet have their 2005-06 schedule posted on their site  -  FCNews, can you help out in getting it on the site??
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hoopie_doopie

How many points will be scored in the Mac Grinnell game?  I'm guessing at least 250 combined, and the possibility of over 30 players seeing action between the 2 teams.  Any thoughts?

Daryl L Lloyd

hoopie. . .Im sure the game will be a hoot.

Anyway, My summer was short FC and Im ready to head home but other than that everything is great. I dont have much info on this years WU team, Bunch always has the guys ready so Im sure they will compete this year like previous years.  Ill probably only make the home games this year, but ill be ready for some d3 ball once baseball is over.

fcnews

Hopefan- There is a change over in the Website. I just finished Fall sports and bball will be up in the next day or two. Couple of games I know, Rockford, William Penn, Franklin, U of Hawaii - Hilo, and of course Wash U. Like I said Sched and Roster in the next couple of days.

fcnews

Ok folks the FC schedule is up. And, I beleive FC is the first to post this years roster. I guess the rest will come up when everbody is sure after the first day of classes. I'll put this out right now. There will be second semester players possible this year.

pete_moss

I'm repeating an earlier post with an update. Now that school has started, any updates on SLIAC recuits, who's coming back, and who isn't? From what I can tell, just about everyone is keeping their 05-06 previews quiet until practice starts in mid-October. Guess schools really won't know who they have until they lace up their shoes. Do most of the SLIAC teams have JV teams? It seems like most teams have pretty big rosters, so I would think they would play a JV schedule. Against Millikin last season, I saw where MacMurray played 21 guys. That seems like an extraordinary number of players to run in and out. I would think you'd need a traffic cop to keep track of who was in and who was out - more like changing lines in hockey. Any word on key SLIAC players returning from major injuries, grade issues, transfers, etc? What SLIAC teams have the best home court facilties and best home crowd support? The worst gyms and least fan support? Lots of questions for a SLIAC rookie! 

hopefan

Pete, you ask good questions, wish I was better versed, but can only speak as a Maryville fan of a couple years.  FCnews and Darryl Lloyd have both followed things more closely over the years.. maybe they'll chime in. 
JV teams are have led an inconsistent life if any life at all in the SLIAC.  At the lower end of the D3 spectrum, which is where the SLIAC resides, decent freshmen players contribute immediately.  The big question mark for the upcoming season for Maryville is whether Steve Bash will return - the conference player of the year two years ago for the conference champs, he missed all last season after knee surgery, and Maryville finished as a .500 team in the SLIAC.  As for gyms and crowds, my Maryville program has not drawn well while I've followed them... they get the normal family and faculty fans, but have yet to draw student body enthusiasm due most likely to the high percentage of commuter students.  I've attended games at Greenville and Blackburn and had a blast - small facilities, limited seating, good, loud student support make for a great atmosphere.  I was at the playoffs at Webster last year, and they too have relatively less seating, good atmosphere.  I've seen High school ball at Fontbonne- by far the nicest facility in the SLIAc - don't know how they draw.  Haven't been to Wesminster, Prin or Mac.
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

fcnews

louis3456

Is Maryville Univerisity a good college to play divison III bball at i am a high school senior and looking for a nice place to continue my career...could you give me some pros and cons of the university.

welseyanbulldog

who is the new assistant at Greenville???

Where did he come from and or why did he leave??

I see his name is Brent Bond, but I would like to know who the guy is!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!