Conference changes

Started by hopefan, May 01, 2008, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

I thought this would be a good place to summarize and discuss the impact of changes for D3hoops coming up next season.   What schools are changing conferences, what are the new conferences, who is moving into or out of 'Bumblin B' status, who is moving into or out of automatic qualifier status, who is coming into or out of provisional status...   hopefully it's a topic that can stimulate some interest during the summer month.
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hickory_cornhusker

The Northern Athletics Conference of Aurora, Benedictine, Concordia-IL, Concordia-WI, Dominican, Edgewood, Lakeland, Maranatha Baptist, Marian, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Rockford, Wisconsin Lutheran, adn Alverno (Women's Only) will no longer be in Pool B as they will receive Pool A statuts. 12 men's and 13 women's teams taken out of Pool B.

hopefan

from the PAC room  -   The PAC (Pennsylvania Athletic Conference)  is now the CSAC   -   the Colonial States Athletic Conference  -  or "SeeSac"

uhoh this is not going to help a midwesterner like me keed thos Middle Atlantic conferences straight, what wit the CC and the CAC already out there :-\
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hickory_cornhusker

i'll be fine with this one change as long as the MIAA doesn't change their name so they don't disenfranchise their indiana schools anymore.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: hickory_cornhusker on May 01, 2008, 04:15:39 PM
i'll be fine with this one change as long as the MIAA doesn't change their name so they don't disenfranchise their indiana schools anymore.

They've only got one Indiana school - Tri-State/Trine.  The CCI did not become the CCIW until there were two Wisconsin schools - Carroll (which has since left for the MWC) and Carthage (which was in Illinois then moved the whole freakin' campus to Kenosha).

Since there is now only one Wisconsin school, I think equity dictates that the CCIW becomes the CCIIIIIIIW. ::) ;)

sac

TWO Mr Y.

St. Mary's would appreciate being included. ;)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hopefan on May 01, 2008, 03:21:39 PM
from the PAC room  -   The PAC (Pennsylvania Athletic Conference)  is now the CSAC   -   the Colonial States Athletic Conference  -  or "SeeSac"

uhoh this is not going to help a midwesterner like me keep those Middle Atlantic conferences straight, what with the CC and the CAC already out there :-\
Or dyslexic SCAC fans.   :D

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: sac on May 01, 2008, 05:43:22 PM
TWO Mr Y.

My apologies for slighting St. Mary's. :-[  (If a school doesn't play football or men's bball, I tend to forget about them!)

Ralph Turner

These schools are in the "pipeline" for Fall 2008, and these schools should be in Pool B for 2008-09 and 2009-10.

Four schools in the UMAC move from re-classifying (MN-Morris) or provisional (Bethany Lutheran, Crown MN and Northwestern College) to full D-III membership.

These schools also join as full members:

Mount Aloysius College (AMCC).

Penn State Berks College (NEAC)

Purchase (Skyline)

Salem NC College (Women -- Independent)

Mount Mary (WI) College (Women -- Independent)

University of Maine at Presque Isle (Independent)

This adds 7 schools to Pool B for the Women and four schools for the Men.

These schools are scheduled to move the Year-3 Provisional Status.  (In Year-3, the games against Year-3 schools count in the calculations of the Regional Rankings.)

Lancaster (PA) Bible College

LaSierra University (CA)

Lyndon (VT) State College

St Vincent College PA  (Pres AC)

SUNY at Morrisville (SUNYAC)

NCAA pdf

Ralph Turner

There are lots of changes in New England as a new conference is formed, and several more teams switch conferences.

Also, please check out the blog, Mid-Atlantic Shuffle.

Just Bill

From what I have heard Mount Mary (Wis.) has little chance of being granted full member status.  They likely won't meet the necessary criteria.  The rumor is they will be asked to repeat year 4 provisional, and if they can't do that they'll have to find another option.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Pat Coleman

I agree -- Mount Mary has done little to merit getting full membership.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Knightstalker

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 01, 2008, 06:51:13 PM
These schools are in the "pipeline" for Fall 2008, and these schools should be in Pool B for 2008-09 and 2009-10.

Four schools in the UMAC move from re-classifying (MN-Morris) or provisional (Bethany Lutheran, Crown MN and Northwestern College) to full D-III membership.

These schools also join as full members:

Mount Aloysius College (AMCC).

Penn State Berks College (NEAC)

Purchase (Skyline)

Salem NC College (Women -- Independent)

Mount Mary (WI) College (Women -- Independent)

University of Maine at Presque Isle (Independent)

This adds 7 schools to Pool B for the Women and four schools for the Men.

These schools are scheduled to move the Year-3 Provisional Status.  (In Year-3, the games against Year-3 schools count in the calculations of the Regional Rankings.)

Lancaster (PA) Bible College

LaSierra University (CA)

Lyndon (VT) State College

St Vincent College PA  (Pres AC)

SUNY at Morrisville (SUNYAC)

NCAA pdf

From the Future of Division III thread:

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 23, 2008, 06:12:18 PM
Interesting quote from Titan Q's post...

QuoteAs a tangible indicator that our plan is resonating with people, we have welcomed 11 new members into the NAIA in 2007-08. New members include: Indiana University East, Life University (Ga.), St. Catherine College (Ky.), Soka University (Calif.), Ave Maria University (Fla.), Cincinnati Christian College (Ohio), Kentucky Christian University, University of Maine, Presque Isle, College of Santa Fe (N.M), Southeastern University (Fla.), Talladega College (Ala.).

+1 Titan!  :)

Is UMPI going to maintain dual status?

Inquiring minds want to know.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 01, 2008, 06:27:44 PM
Quote from: sac on May 01, 2008, 05:43:22 PM
TWO Mr Y.

My apologies for slighting St. Mary's. :-[  (If a school doesn't play football or men's bball, I tend to forget about them!)

How could anyone forget about St. Mary's? Its sports teams have one of the best nicknames in D3: the Belles.

Tura lura lura!
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Knightstalker on May 02, 2008, 12:49:44 AM

Is UMPI going to maintain dual status?

Inquiring minds want to know.
I saw the news today about the flooding in Fort Kent, ME at the northern tip of the state.  They (UMaine-Fort Kent) are more remote than UMPI!