MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toph

Toph

Congrats to the Davis bros, Brandon Mimes, and Zach Ross on making the all region team.

Crazy Carl

I dont know if many are still reading, but I was wondering if anyone had any information on Brian Ingleright, former Avon Lake star, and JCU player, I believe, in 2002-2003.  Did he transfer and play somewhere else, or just stop playing at the collegiate level?

Toph

Crazy Carl-
Ingleright transferred out of John Carroll, I don't know where he ended up.  It was pretty clear that he wasn't going to fit in with Moran's system.

Crazy Carl

I see.  I am not really familiar with Moran's system (i assume he is the JCU coach?).  I played against Brian in high school, but then played D3 in Minnesota, so I sort of lost track of the Ohio college hoop scene.  Thanks for the update.

Toph

Carl-
Moran (yes, the JCU coach) uses a platoon system substituting 5 in and 5 out about every 7 possesions.  If the team is struggling he will ditch the system in favor of matchups late in the first, early in the second.  From my understanding Ingleright did not want to be a part of that system.

David Collinge

The JCU pep band played at all of the games in Salem this weekend and was as good as advertised.  It was very cool of them to come down and play, even though the team didn't make it, and they were much appreciated by all here.

goodknight

That's a pep band worthy of a national championship tournament!  Great band, great leader, great tunes.

whoknows

I would like to congratulate Thad Davis on a great season, and on being the only Ohio player to be named an All American. Representing the OAC well

JCU Drummer

Goodknight: Thanks for the compliment, and I will pass this on to the rest of the band.  Too bad I wasn't able to make it down to Salem.  Here's hoping for next year.

bishopsfan

Any thoughts about Muskingum's new coaching hire?  I feel that the OAC may see a totally new style coming out of New Concord.
Go Bishops!!

Toph

Ford was a heck of a player (Mr. Basketball '93, All-MAC as a senior if I'm not mistaken) and has had sucess as a head coach and asst coach, good hire.  As for the "new style" I'm not so sure.  It's not like Muskingum had a terrible year last year, and why fix it if it ain't broke?

jdean

With 2 losses and an OT win vs the Muskies maybe the Streaks should be looking at a totally new style?

Toph

JDean-
Eh, the Sweet Sixteen ain't that bad is it?

Here's a question I'd like to pose:  Even though the PAC now has enough teams to warrant an automatic bid does their level of competition?

Pat Coleman

They wouldn't be the worst conference to get an AQ.