NE Region General Questions

Started by d3bballinboston, April 24, 2006, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

It'll happen this spring.  I'm not sure all how it will go down, but there are a lot of schools moving around and there is certainly room for one new league in New England.  I doubt we'll hear much until the end of March.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

rjcarter8

Over the weekend I posted on the new conference thread about Green Mountain. I am new to that college's area and wondered if there is ever any discussion about the men's hoops team. I know the college, because of its transitioning phase, is not a factor in the northeast yet, but I wondered if there was ever any discussion about the Northeast independents.

If not that's cool, but I miss posting and reading posts about schools I live near. I came from the Rochester area, so there was plenty of discussion on the Empire 8 board there I was interested in.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

That's probably a good thread to have.  There are a lot of independents in the NE, although the numbers seem to be decreasing, as they are all trying to get a chance at the A bids these days.

It may become even more of a factor once things shake up as I expect they will next summer.

The only problem will be that so few posters for school in conferences post here, that it will be a stretch to think you can get much action on a page from independent school fans.

For what it's worth, here is the list for the NE region:

Green Mountain
Maine-Presque Isle
Mitchell
Newbury
Southern Vermont
St. Joseph's (ME)

I think the first three are all still provisional, so they can't participate in the post-season.   

SVC just left the GNAC and is playing pretty close to a full GNAC schedule this season.  I expect they are looking to move to another conference after this year.

St. Joe's has joined the GNAC for competition next year.

rjcarter8

Thanks for the reply.

It's good to know the other independents, and some of them were Green Mountain opponents last year.

I knew it was a longshot to get many posters, but thought I'd try.

And yes, Green Mountain is a provisional DIII member this year. I think they'll be full-fledged next season.

rjcarter8

Green Mountain now 0-4, anybody have a prediction when they might win one?

d3bballinboston

THE BIG MAN

yall better watch of for them svc boys they may be young but the have the mind of veterans

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: THE BIG MAN on December 08, 2006, 03:59:06 PM
yall better watch of for them svc boys they may be young but the have the mind of veterans

shell shocked?

All-around

Are you serious, Southern Vermont? They are completely undisciplined. They have some talent, but by far were better last year.

THE BIG MAN

you why they are better because they play together and no all that on eon one stuff

All-around

They were better because they were a better team with better talent. Hammond was player of the league, which drove that team. They were more disciplined as well. This year I would have to say that Julian Smith is probably the best player, but the main problem is  a lack of discipline.

THE BIG MAN

thereis no lack of discipline there just a young team there are only 3 vets and the rest are freshman. if they wasnt discipline then why did they come close to beatin williams and go to dc and come in second its the beginning of the year and they are a young team

All-around

Like I said, they are talented, which is why they almost beat the teams that they did. When they went to DC they beat a team which is 1-7, not sayin much. They are not a horrible team, they are at most average in my opinion (22 pt. loss to emerson, 26 pt loss to bates, 24 pt loss to middlebury)

THE BIG MAN

we will see what happen at the end of the season they maybe young but they have alot of heart and will not back down from anybody

heythere

Does it really matter what svc does there not in a league, and the were better last year hammond was a very good ball player