FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miac952

Quote from: MiacMan on May 14, 2018, 08:48:34 AM
Got to have a beverage with Faunch and the lovely Mrs. Faunch on Saturday evening at O'Gara's in St. Paul. It was Prom night for Cretin-Derham Hall and there was a gathering of Senior parents. A good evening of World problem solving! I did get to update Faunchy (He was very excited about this) on the UST spring game which I attended. The defense appeared to have picked up where it left off last year. Blake Weber with a pick, Adam Brant with several tackles, Sam Herringes look more than adequate in replacing the All-American Steve Harrell. D-line looked like the steel curtain. Offensively, Josh Parks took the first play from scrimmage 75yds for TD (vs. 2nd D) Parks appears to have been hitting the weights pretty hard as he looks alot bigger and stronger than last season. Perra looked very good (other than the Blake Weber pick which was a great play on Weber's part) Trettel was on the sidelines in workout clothes (as was Mark Dowdle), which I believe is a good sign given Tucker's injury from last year. Highlight was a Carter Schmitz 51yd FG with plenty of distance to spare. Attendance was decent I believe for a D3 spring game, I would estimate it at 1000 give or take.

Good notes. I watched 30 minutes or so before I had to run off. The three big areas of improvement from last year for me are: O-Line improving the downhill run blocking, Perra finding a better pocket presence, and better production from the WR position. They have a lot of talent coming back on both sides of the ball. The LB will be the golden position group for this team. Brant and Weber should be legitimate All American candidates.

DuffMan

So, should we just all agree to give the 2018 MIAC title to U$T?

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

faunch

Quote from: DuffMan on May 14, 2018, 06:36:11 PM

Spring Ball titles are where it's at!

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

faunch

Quote from: MiacMan on May 14, 2018, 08:48:34 AM
Got to have a beverage with Faunch and the lovely Mrs. Faunch on Saturday evening at O'Gara's in St. Paul. It was Prom night for Cretin-Derham Hall and there was a gathering of Senior parents. A good evening of World problem solving! I did get to update Faunchy (He was very excited about this) on the UST spring game which I attended. The defense appeared to have picked up where it left off last year. Blake Weber with a pick, Adam Brant with several tackles, Sam Herringes look more than adequate in replacing the All-American Steve Harrell. D-line looked like the steel curtain. Offensively, Josh Parks took the first play from scrimmage 75yds for TD (vs. 2nd D) Parks appears to have been hitting the weights pretty hard as he looks alot bigger and stronger than last season. Perra looked very good (other than the Blake Weber pick which was a great play on Weber's part) Trettel was on the sidelines in workout clothes (as was Mark Dowdle), which I believe is a good sign given Tucker's injury from last year. Highlight was a Carter Schmitz 51yd FG with plenty of distance to spare. Attendance was decent I believe for a D3 spring game, I would estimate it at 1000 give or take.

Saturday got a bit blurry for me so thankfully I don't recall much of the report...was the spring game an actual home game vs. an off campus home game...I get confused so easily these days!!!

bluenote

I heard SJU got a new qb... 5' 3" and weighs 400 pounds... but he's a gun slinger in the pocket! Plus can gain 3 yards and a cloud of dust as long as the cafeteria provides meatloaf and mashed potatoes on a daily basis...

MiacMan

Quote from: faunch on May 14, 2018, 09:32:13 PM

Spring Ball titles are where it's at!

Gee guys, do you think we could get Gary and the rest of the MIAC coaches to agree to this? I'm sure Glen and crew would take it! they could just start prepping for Mount, UWO, UWW, UMHB...etc. Probably won't work, I am sure Hamline would vote against it.  ;D

MiacMan

Saturday got a bit blurry for me so thankfully I don't recall much of the report...was the spring game an actual home game vs. an off campus home game...I get confused so easily these days!!!

Faunchy, since that is the case let me refresh your memory. You told me if you could to do it all over again, you would go to UST and be all on board the Caruso Train right now!  ;)

badgerwarhawk

It would save a lot of time.   ;) :)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

sjusection105

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 15, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

As noted above, Hamline would vote against it. (United Methodist , you know....)  ;D
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

jamtod

+k

And we could go into the playoffs healthy.

faunch

Quote from: MiacMan on May 15, 2018, 08:35:21 AM

Faunchy, since that is the case let me refresh your memory. You told me if you could to do it all over again, you would go to UST and be all on board the Caruso Train right now!  ;)

You must have been more lubricated than I was to have heard that. What I think I told you was I'd like to see that Tommie train go off the rails! 

MiacMan

Quote from: faunch on May 15, 2018, 11:39:59 AM

You must have been more lubricated than I was to have heard that. What I think I told you was I'd like to see that Tommie train go off the rails!

+K, Nice return volley!

MiacMan

Quote from: sjusection105 on May 15, 2018, 09:15:33 AM

As noted above, Hamline would vote against it. (United Methodist , you know....)  ;D

Common ground, 105, common ground!  ;) +K to you!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: faunch on May 15, 2018, 11:39:59 AM

My grandkids would be devastated if Thomas the Tank Engine derailed!  He comes to Greenfield Village every spring and we take 'em for a ride.  This year was fun; last year was BRUTAL (cold and damp).