BB: MIAA: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by Ralph Turner, January 28, 2006, 12:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Well, I held out hope longer than just about anyone, but I'm now officially throwing in the towel on what looked to be a great season.  If the Tigers suddenly started winning at a .800 clip, they would still fall short.

I'm NOT throwing in the towel on Justin Verlander, but he has now achieved the dubious honor of having the second highest number of losses in MLB this season, trailing only the once seeming great Barry Zito (47-17 and a Cy Young in his first three seasons), who has fallen to a grossly overpaid journeyman (74-74 his last six seasons).  PLEASE, Justin, don't become a Barry! ::)

Mr. Ypsi

There HAS to be something wrong with Verlander.  Today he had his worst outing ever at 8 runs (5 earned) in 1.2 innings.  Yet, even after today, his ERA is a not awful 4.74 - he still teases with the talent that made him the ONLY pitcher in MLB history to have a no-hitter, WS start, ROY, and all-star appearance in his first two years.  Justin, you can level with us (Tiger management doesn't read this board ;D): what is ailing you? :(

miaafan55

Any thoughts on MVP for this coming year? or what teams to watch?

bulldogalum

Quote from: miaafan55 on February 12, 2009, 11:28:20 PM

Well, I won't pretend to have looked into MIAA baseball that much this year, and I tend to distrust preseason rankings, but according to the Adrian website, their baseball team is ranked #3 in the country right now.  Couple that with their results in the MIAA recently and they've got to be a team to watch.  Calvin won last year, so without looking I'd presume they'll be OK.

GoKnights68

Quote from: bulldogalum on February 12, 2009, 11:43:41 PM
Quote from: miaafan55 on February 12, 2009, 11:28:20 PM

Well, I won't pretend to have looked into MIAA baseball that much this year, and I tend to distrust preseason rankings, but according to the Adrian website, their baseball team is ranked #3 in the country right now.  Couple that with their results in the MIAA recently and they've got to be a team to watch.  Calvin won last year, so without looking I'd presume they'll be OK.

Calvin returns a lot of players this season from last years' team. 

Anyone that follows MIAA baseball will be their pre-season rankings for the top 2 as

1.  Adrian
2.  Calvin

RSSmith

I live in a family of Hope College alums.  What prospects for Hope baseball this year?
A walk is never as good as a hit!

hope1

i dont know but hope is having a tough time in florida  like 2 wins so far this seasson
i love hope  sports all of them are really great to watch

ecfaninri

Calvin fans ...... You have a good team there despite the early 0-4 season. You gave Eastern Ct. (10-0) and ranked #5 previously to the 9th inning in a 17-15 slugfest.

sac

Hope scored 20 runs in the bottom of the 3rd inning today in their game with Alma

20 runs, 15 hits, 3 errors, 2 LOB........batted around twice and almost a third

http://www.miaa.org/bsb/stats/10/0410am1.htm

I don't know if thats a Hope team record, but surely its up there.

hope1

yes ac it was a hope record  vs alma sat  a nice crowd to
i love hope  sports all of them are really great to watch

GoKnights68

Looks like Adrian is going to win their second straight outright MIAA title.  Congrats to them.  I hope they can do some damage in the tourney like they did in 2008.

sflzman

Pre-Season MIAA Baseball prediction anyone???

?????
Adrian
Hope
Calvin
Trine
Albion
Olvet
Kalamazoo
Alma
?????
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare

GoKnights68

Calvin's pitching staff should be pretty good, but they may struggle in the other aspects of the game.

HOF

Well gotta say Adrian and Hope right now.  Adrian knocked off Marietta on Saturday.  I'd say Adrian is the odds on favorite. 

I think Calvin, Trine and Albion are all potential maybe's.   Also next year we will finally see the MIAA conference tournament to see who goes to the NCAA...wow! 

sflzman

Alma dropped a heart-breaker today to Michigan, 4-3 in 12 innings....
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare