BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gramps

The Berg and the Quakers split.

Game 1 - Strange game - - - A one hitter for the Berg - - - -officially - - - - the strange part is that they really did hit the ball well, but only at people.  This is what makes the game that we love so fascinating, no matter how good the team is, they can lose.

Game 2 - Good teams also never quit, as the Berg came back to a 24 hit, 19 run output for win #21.  It was a team effort as all position players had a hand in it.  Andrew Buelow had his first collegiate HR and Jason Lash blasted his 5th HR of the season in the 4th inning. Having multiple hits were E. Williams, R. Lizcano, J. Lash, W.  Brechun, S. Decker, D. Andrzejczak, & A. Monroe with G.Keen and  A. Buelow getting a hit.

"Sly" Nino went 8 innings for win #4. Ross Pruitt and Daniel Brannum pitched in relief.

OAC baseball fan 3

ONU was playing well, but starter Justin Good seemed to get pretty tired.  I wish the pitching coach (lack there of) would have realized this and possibly put someone up in the pen, taking the pressure off the young starter.  Its a SHAME they have no pitching coach.  I feel bad for the Bears, as they have the talent, just lack of coaching

OAC baseball fan 3

BUT i do have to say, its a beautiful day, though overcast, here at the 'Berg

countyroad

Exciting matchup tomorrow coming between Berg and Wooster.  Anyone going to make the game?  I wish I could, but I no longer live in Wooster.

Who is expected to pitch for the Berg.  Wooster will likely throw Mcdowell.

Dr. Acula

Not sure who Berg will throw as they are playing a DH with ONU today as OACfan said.  Palm will obviously use anyone necessary to win the OAC games today.  Looks like Koehl started game 1.

Dr. Acula

Just browsing through Berg's box scores I wouldn't be surprised if Everett Thomas starts tomorrow.  Then James and Nino against Etta (those 2 started against Wilm). 

mideastfan2

HEID swept ONU today.  Looks like ONU's great start to the year has been exposed as easy scheduling; once they got into OAC play and faced the traditional powers, the traditional roles have been renewed.

OTT swept WILM as well.

MAR swept CAP too.

HEID, MAR, and OTT look to be atop the OAC once again; some things just don't change  :)

Gramps

The Berg gains wins 22 and 23 over the Polar Bears at Peaceful Valley by scores of 6-2 and 7-3.

Game 1 saw the Berg explode for 4 runs in the bottom of the 6th, to break open a 2-2 tie.  Hits were spread  throughout the lineup with J. Lash's 2 and a hit each from R. Lizcano, S. Decker, D. Amdzejczak, and A. Monroe.

E. Holt garnered win # 6 with a little help from Andy Lowe, who celebrated Birthday #21.

Game 2 - After spotting ONU a 2 run lead, the Berg broke the game open in the 4th with a 6 run outburst. E. Williams led the hits with 2 followed by W. Brechun, J. Lash, S. Decker, D. Andrzejczak, A.Monroe and A. Buelow with a hit each.

B. Koehl went 7 innings to gain win # 4. B. Stucky and A. Lowe aided in relief.

In between games I met and chatted with a few ONU fathers.  Nice guys.

Dr. Acula

Big sweep for MUC today.  They needed that.

Gramps

The Berg looses to Wooster 5-1.

R. Lizcano led the Berg with a 2-4 effort and adding a hit each were E. Williams, J. Lash, Zack Colatruglio, S. Decker, and D. Buelow.

Everett Thomas pitched for 6.1 innings and was relieved by Andy Lowe.

Now on to Marietta for a DH this weekend.

Tinman

no Doubt the sweep yesterday was a boost for MUC, plenty of ball to play yet

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on April 15, 2010, 10:20:04 AM
no Doubt the sweep yesterday was a boost for MUC, plenty of ball to play yet

If they can get a split tomorrow they will be right back in the mix for the OAC tournament.  Tall order w/ LaCorte looming though.

old scot

Pios beat the Student Princes 11-8 in game 1.

Game 2 scoreless ofter 1 and a half.

mideastfan2

^^^^ game 2 has been high scoring, with both teams having big innings...HEID needing theirs to play "catch-up."

after 5 complete:
HEID - 6
MAR - 6

http://www.marietta.edu/athletics/livestats/xlive.htm

old scot

Wild game 2 at Etta. Pios lead 13-11 after 7.

I guess the OAC plays a 9 inning game in game 2 of the weekend DH?