FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO

Quote from: UfanBill on December 07, 2019, 09:05:35 PM
Quote from: AO on December 07, 2019, 08:52:48 PM
Quote from: JT2 on December 07, 2019, 07:59:40 PM
Go Mules!!! I'll be rooting for any East team that nabs a title for the first time since Guns and Roses ruled the music world.
You're going to have keep waiting.  Muhlenberg is a South region team.

East team not East Region team...
Muhlenberg is in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Which is definitely more East than South geographically.
In that case you had to like your chances to get an East team to the semis!

bluenote

Pat doesn't like me but I like him....  :-*

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: AO on December 07, 2019, 09:32:10 PM
Go Mules!!! I'll be rooting for any East team that nabs a title for the first time since Guns and Roses ruled the music world.

Muhlenberg is in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Which is definitely more East than South geographically.

Muhlenberg is absolutely an "East" team. The faux D-III regional alignments mean squatta to anybody who took and passed Geography 101. Check out the map of the United States AO.......you might learn a little something. ;)

AO

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 08, 2019, 08:45:24 AM

Muhlenberg is absolutely an "East" team. The faux D-III regional alignments mean squatta to anybody who took and passed Geography 101. Check out the map of the United States AO.......you might learn a little something. ;)
I'd bet if you gave a map to an NYC resident they might put Pennsylvania in the Midwest  :D

Ice Bear

Quote from: AO on December 08, 2019, 02:41:56 PM

I'd bet if you gave a map to an NYC resident they might put Pennsylvania in the Midwest  :D

Ice Bear says if you asked them where ****ing Muhlenberg is they may say New Zealand or some ish...
A long time fan of DIII Football!

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Ice Bear on December 08, 2019, 03:53:21 PM
Quote from: AO on December 08, 2019, 02:41:56 PM

Ice Bear says if you asked them where ****ing Muhlenberg is they may say New Zealand or some ish...

If someone doesn't know where Muhlenberg is located (and let's be frank, if you polled 100 random people on the street, I'd bet they couldn't pick out the state, let alone the city, of about 90% of the D-III schools across the board)...................try out Claremont-Mudd-Scripps on them. I'd love to see the answers to THAT one! ;)

Joe Rockhead

How do you conduct yourself after a tough loss? Says a lot about people.  Salisbury's post game press conference after losing to Muhlenberg.  You can see why Coach Donnelly thought so highly of Coach Wood.  His coaching comes through in his players' conduct as well.  https://youtu.be/lrleB5nEhJ4

wesleydad

Congrats to the 9 NJAC players who made all region.

thewaterboy

Teamski

I don't think so.  This isn't anything new really.  Either way it doesn't help.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: thewaterboy on December 10, 2019, 02:19:47 PM
Well this certainly isn't good... wonder if this press has an impact on recruiting.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/2019/12/09/wesley-college-seeks-3-2-million-state-amid-financial-stress/2632163001/?fbclid=IwAR1JlvVZOh36oeM6G5tFqZDlUM85lFif1LyVX4p6-tCZkXHmjrSJwm5Nr0A

Not sure this will impact recruiting too much. I think having the ability to improve on facilities, first and foremost academic facilities will help draw both athletes and ordinary students.

jmcozenlaw

Well this certainly isn't good... wonder if this press has an impact on recruiting.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/2019/12/09/wesley-college-seeks-3-2-million-state-amid-financial-stress/2632163001/?fbclid=IwAR1JlvVZOh36oeM6G5tFqZDlUM85lFif1LyVX4p6-tCZkXHmjrSJwm5Nr0A

"It is the third time the school has asked for public funds this year". Yikes!!!! I've been to the gym. Might be among the most beaten up facilities that I've been to over the years. Aren't the fundraising folks having any success holding well heeled alums upside down by the feet and shaking (a common fundraising expression). I've heard from an insider that it's not quite dire.......but that's things have to change over the next year or two or there could be big trouble. It's not just Wesley. There are predictions that between 50 - 75 schools may be shutting their doors over the next 3 - 5 years. We've seen nothing yet!! The millennials who do have kids won't be cranking them out like we were (financially prudent ;) )

dedragon

I think Wesley's issue with fundraising is that it was a 2-year school for a long time. Not that there aren't successful grads, but not as many as other 4 year institutions over the past 50 years.

JT2

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 10, 2019, 08:19:56 PM

"It is the third time the school has asked for public funds this year". Yikes!!!! I've been to the gym. Might be among the most beaten up facilities that I've been to over the years. Aren't the fundraising folks having any success holding well heeled alums upside down by the feet and shaking (a common fundraising expression). I've heard from an insider that it's not quite dire.......but that's things have to change over the next year or two or there could be big trouble. It's not just Wesley. There are predictions that between 50 - 75 schools may be shutting their doors over the next 3 - 5 years. We've seen nothing yet!! The millennials who do have kids won't be cranking them out like we were (financially prudent ;) )

ROI potential is going to become an issue, even for profitable majors. The cost increases are unsustainable. When enrollment remains constant and administration body count triples over 20-25 year period, it becomes a bubble in the making. Further, I am seeing a paradigm shift in training/teaching/learning. For example, the best marketing teachers reside on the internet, and not in academia. Then you also have great how-to channels on youtube. The ability for joe blow to create and distribute content has created new careers and millionaires. Except for careers that require certifications like lawyer, Dr, engineer... I'm wondering how colleges compete.
Tip - Stay young by having your first kid when you're almost 50.

If there are no dogs in Heaven when I die, I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers.

JT2

WR Kamenski for North Central is a beast. Mules gotta take him out of the game if they want a chance. He's getting free releases off the line.
Tip - Stay young by having your first kid when you're almost 50.

If there are no dogs in Heaven when I die, I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers.