FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

hazzben

Condolences to you, my friend on the death of your father. I'm 84 and I think 70 is much too young to be gone. This is certainly a sad time for so many people.
Loved ones may be gone but their place in our hearts and all those many memories will last forever!
My prayers go out to you, summit and the families of those who now rest in peace. ✝
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

SUMMIT!!!!!

Hazzben---My deepest condolences on the loss of your father. We had the same visitation issues. The policy about visitation makes sense to me intellectually but is totally horrible in application. I hope your dad didn't suffer much and that you take solace in your many memories of him!
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

jamtod

Quote from: hazzben on November 17, 2020, 09:42:13 AM
Hey Summit,

My condolences. My dad's funeral is tomorrow. He was 70 years old and a few months from retirement. They couldn't wait to spend summers in MN with the grandkids fishing and going to their sporting events. We had to battle with the hospital to let my brother and I be in the room when he passed. Covid sucks.

hazzben and SUMMIT!!!!, my deepest sympathies to you both. That is so hard and this is a very difficult time for so many, for a variety of reasons.

OldAuggie

Quote from: hazzben on November 17, 2020, 09:42:13 AM
Hey Summit,

My condolences. My dad's funeral is tomorrow. He was 70 years old and a few months from retirement. They couldn't wait to spend summers in MN with the grandkids fishing and going to their sporting events. We had to battle with the hospital to let my brother and I be in the room when he passed. Covid sucks.
Very sorry for your loss Hazzben.

Best,
OldAuggie
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

OldAuggie

Quote from: SUMMIT!!!!! on November 16, 2020, 05:40:22 PM
It's nice that y'all theorize and chatter about COVID, but until you bury a loved one who died from it, you really don't know what you're talking about, other than abstract theory. My mom, who was in excellent physical health for someone much younger than her age, tested positive on Nov 3 and died Nov 8.  Maybe the US needs to follow the example of Oz, NZ, South Korea, Japan and others and actually do something to stop this disease but too many have the selfish mindset  of "don't inconvenience me, you're stepping on my rights" (even when those rights step on the rights of others)

(Yeah I'm bitter about this)

Very sorry for your loss SUMMIT.

Best,
OldAuggie
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

SagatagSam

My condolences, Hazzben and SUMMIT. Very heartbreaking.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

Pat Coleman

I am so sorry to hear that, SUMMIT and Hazzben. I haven't lost anyone to the disease yet, but two of my best friends from college, both in their late 40s, have contracted the disease, and one of them is among the long-suffering victims, and has been fighting symptoms for about five months.

Please stay safe, everyone, and consider your Thanksgiving plans with care.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Texas Ole

Sorry for everyone's loss with the virus and the ramifications of it.  This has been a tough time for many.

jknezek

Hazzben and SUMMIT, heartbreaking to hear and you have my condolences. This has been an incredibly difficult year. Several family members have had struggles with COVID but fortunately have pulled through on my side. It has been horrible and they continue to experience long-term difficulties. My thoughts are with you and your families.

Robert Zimmerman

SJU in lockdown due to manhunt with a potentially armed individual.

https://wjon.com/troopers-searching-for-suspect-in-collegeville-area/

Today is finals for C block and my son says it is difficult to concentrate with helicopters and SWAT teams everywhere.

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on November 19, 2020, 02:38:17 PM

Today is finals for C block and my son says it is difficult to concentrate with helicopters and SWAT teams everywhere.
seems odd that the FBI would be one of SIXTEEN law enforcement agencies involved...but a Black suspect in Stearns County.....

Italian proverb

OzJohnnie

Quote from: SUMMIT!!!!! on November 19, 2020, 06:03:21 PM

seems odd that the FBI would be one of SIXTEEN law enforcement agencies involved...but a Black suspect in Stearns County.....

Are you a racist?  What's up with that comment?  You should take a good long look in the mirror, mate.
[  

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 19, 2020, 06:28:20 PM
Quote from: SUMMIT!!!!! on November 19, 2020, 06:03:21 PM

Are you a racist?  What's up with that comment?  You should take a good long look in the mirror, mate.
no, but I grew around there and know that Stearns County is full of racists, which was my point. Maybe a remedial reading class is in order Oz? Crickee, I'm nearly impressed that 3 of your 20 words had more than 1 syllable

Italian proverb

SagatagSam

Quote from: SUMMIT!!!!! on November 19, 2020, 11:07:23 PM
no, but I grew around there and know that Stearns County is full of racists, which was my point. Maybe a remedial reading class is in order Oz? Crickee, I'm nearly impressed that 3 of your 20 words had more than 1 syllable

Easy there, fella. That's a bit of a broad brush stroke--one that hits pretty close to home with me as Stearns County is home base for the overwhelming majority of my family. Are there racists in Stearns? Yep. Are there racists at 50th & France? You bet. Are there racists on Summit Avenue? Yep.

Take your cheap shots elsewhere.
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

Tesomas

I'll admit, when this site showed up in my google results, I spent more time than I should have wondering how on earth a search for Kindle information ended me up on d3boards!
https://www.kboards.com/

Glad to see we aren't the only dinosaurs :p
CSB/SJU '13