FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 30, 2020, 12:33:17 AM
Early Happy New Year, all.  In memory of those foolish days as a youngster, here's a moron jumping off a cliff into an ice hole.  It was enough for me and my moron friends to jump into a frozen lake.  We didn't need the kill yourself kicker.

Oz

You are either the bravest man in the world, or ...............!

Happy New Year to you and to all my friends on this board.
In Romanian we say, "an Nou Fericit". 🎉 🎈 🍾
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OzJohnnie

Well, in the only football news for us Johnnies to follow... Ben Bartch has been activated off the Covid list, the Jag's coach has been fired and the Jags have sucked their way to the first pick of the draft, most likely Clemson's Trevor Lawrence.  Ben had two really good games just before he came down with the 'rona and the Jags mothballed him to the end of the season.  I hope those games were good enough that when the new coach arrives (Urban Meyer being all the talk at the moment) that Ben gets another go at NFL.  It will be a nervous time for every Jag player as they have something like $110m to spend in salary cap and the new GM (yes they fired that guy as well) will have a lot of free agents he can buy when he joins the club.

Something football related to watch, anyways.

(Oh, and Ohio looked really good against Clemson.  Maybe there's a chance that the Big 10 will taste the national championship again.  Massey puts it at a near 50/50 split between Alabama and Ohio St.)
[  

jamtod

Has anyone heard anything on scheduling for potential football in the spring? I know the Northfield schools won't be participating.

sjusection105

Quote from: jamtod on January 07, 2021, 09:42:58 AM
Has anyone heard anything on scheduling for potential football in the spring? I know the Northfield schools won't be participating.
Not a clue but I would wager less than 50%  ???
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

Texas Ole

Quote from: sjusection105 on January 07, 2021, 10:34:33 AM
Quote from: jamtod on January 07, 2021, 09:42:58 AM
Not a clue but I would wager less than 50%  ???

My best guess is that some of it will be based on the vaccine.  If the athletes can start getting vaccinated in March which is possible then I think it is likely.  I think the bigger goal is to get the spring sports going. 

I think the St. Olaf and Carleton are content to call this year a loss with sports and move forward next year.  I would assume Mac is in the same position. 

jamtod

Dave Lee is retiring in April, so I guess the D1 Tommies will have a new PBP guy for football next fall

faunch

Quote from: jamtod on January 08, 2021, 10:39:38 AM
Dave Lee is retiring in April, so I guess the D1 Tommies will have a new PBP guy for football next fall

Wonder if VOJ will apply?  ;D

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

jamtod

Quote from: faunch on January 08, 2021, 10:57:01 AM
Quote from: jamtod on January 08, 2021, 10:39:38 AM

Wonder if VOJ will apply?  ;D

This would make me pay for season tickets so fast.

GoldandBlueBU

Has anyone heard any rumblings about MIAC winter sports?

Texas Ole

Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on January 08, 2021, 04:06:31 PM

Carleton and St. Olaf are not playing.  I can't remember if any other schools have made an announcement.  I have heard they are delayed, but that is it.

OzJohnnie

I haven't followed the NFL much this year other than Bartch and the headlines.  But now that it's the post season I'm paying attention a little.  Cleveland up by 21 over Pittsburg with 4:40 still to go in the first quarter.  What a collapse by the Steelers.  I don't mind it.  I still hold a grudge from '75.

EDIT: Up 28-0 at the first break.  You know the Browns will let the Steelers escape.

EDIT II: Almost.  Pit couldn't overcome 5 turnovers.
[  

faunch

Quote from: Texas Ole on January 08, 2021, 06:47:58 PM
Quote from: GoldandBlueBU on January 08, 2021, 04:06:31 PM

Carleton and St. Olaf are not playing.  I can't remember if any other schools have made an announcement.  I have heard they are delayed, but that is it.
A little birdie shared w/ me that a decision on spring football will probably be made in late February.

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

MUC57

I'm sure you guys know the OAC (Mount Union, et al) will be playing a 5 game schedule starting in March. I personally think it's a bad idea. Will we be allowed to go to the games? Who knows! The conference has already stated there is to be no fans at any sporting event until March 1. A new assessment will be made at that time.
Damn covid-19! 🏈 🍺

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠