D 3 softball

Started by oldNorse, April 10, 2009, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7express

Linfield wins 6-0.  Linfield vs. Chris Newport 11:00 am winner takes all championship game.

dahlby

Congratulations to Linfield on their wins today. I watched them play when they were in SOCAL earlier this year. A  very good team that has only gotten better. Very good teams start the year  out very good, and only get better. I am "pullin' for ya"! Bring the title back to the west coast.

wildcat11

Congrats to the 'Cats!  On my Linfield football blog; we ran a piece with Linfield Softball Head Coach Jackson Vaughan (who is also the football team's D.C.) on the transition from coaching football to softball and the difference between coaching men and women.  Coach Vaughan shares some great insights.

http://catdomealumni.blogspot.com/2011/03/from-football-to-softball-coach-jackson.html

ECSUalum

Checked out Linfield softball web site today, and specifically their stats.  They look like they could be very competitive at the D-I level.  Just the home run production over the years is phenomenal , never mind the pitching and defense!!!!

criswyly

Great comeback for the Lady Cats in the loser's bracket.  What  a tough way to win.  Gotta give UT Tyler credit....They always come to play.

I know absolutely nothing about Christopher Newport, but the Cats were ready for them at the end of what had to be a crueling day.

Tomorrow's game should be very interesting.  The Lady Cats have really yet to let theiir big guns loose in the championship rounds.  Hopefully tomorrow is the day for all pistons firing.

Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

criswyly

Wildcat11 is a good writer....besure to read his blog on Coach Vaughn.
Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

desertcat1

Hello Cats...   Go Get'em today ..  "take two and hit to right "

GO LADY CATS...

DC1..
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

D O.C.

"Breaker, breaker".

Waking up to a 1-0 lead. Alright!

D O.C.

Anything, anything, anything can happen now.
Two out on CNU top of the 6th in a 2-2 tie and we get a lightning / weather time out.

desertcat1

hello Doc,  bad weather here just got on .. is it still 2 to 2 in the 6th?

Go cats
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

D O.C.

Prest just hit out a homer and it was followed by a single. Bottom of the 6th.
Weather delay could not be helped but it really changed  the game  - then again, maybe not.
3-2.

D O.C.

Make that 4-2.  I take 40 seconds away from the screen and 'CATS scored again.

D O.C.

Wow. 6-2 with two out.

I still taste the El Foldo from last year, but the chances of deflated CNU putting up a ton of runs in the top of the 7th.....

D O.C.

Pop-up for a 51-3 Championship season.

See CNU next year I believe.

D O.C.

Side Note: I'm not sure I would like Coach Vaughn piling on me.
Ah well, he deserved it.

YES!