WBB: Midwest Conference

Started by jeffdc, February 05, 2005, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbpuckfan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 10, 2016, 02:41:24 PM
Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/
Quite the difference from the men. There are four UW schools in the women's ranking, none on the men's side.

Looks like another must-win conference tournament and subsequent road trip for SNC/MWC winner
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

SNC  moving ahead with renovation and expansion of the Schuldes Sports Center:
http://fox11online.com/news/local/green-bay/snc-moving-ahead-with-sports-center-renovation
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

SNC beats Cornell, finishes conference play 18-0

gbpuckfan

SNC beats Cornell for the title.

judgetrainer

I knew it was bad but I did not realize it was this bad. Over the last ten seasons (2007-2016) Lawrence women are 14-193. In the same span their football team won 16 (and that was a BAD football program).

That's a steaming pile right there.

gbpuckfan

SNC goes to Cornell and wins the title on the Rams (ewe's?) home court.

badgerwarhawk

Though I suspect many of you already know this the Beloit College women's team is just bad.  38 turnovers to 40 shot attempts is just ugly. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

judgetrainer

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on November 21, 2017, 09:47:58 AM
Though I suspect many of you already know this the Beloit College women's team is just bad.  38 turnovers to 40 shot attempts is just ugly.

They will still win at least one against Lawrence.

judgetrainer

Oh. My. God. Lawrence won a conference game. This has not happened a LOOOOONG time.

gbpuckfan

Umm, that's not good:

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/4381/

DE PERE -- The St. Norbert College women's basketball team is unable to compete in its next 10 women's basketball games due to a violation of institutional policy stemming from an on-campus alcohol-related incident involving a number of players.

The decision, as decided by the St. Norbert College student judicial review process, suspends the involved students for 10 games. The suspension is effective immediately and will run through Jan. 24.

deiscanton

Quote from: gbpuckfan on December 07, 2017, 05:05:02 PM
Umm, that's not good:

DE PERE -- The St. Norbert College women's basketball team is unable to compete in its next 10 women's basketball games due to a violation of institutional policy stemming from an on-campus alcohol-related incident involving a number of players.

The decision, as decided by the St. Norbert College student judicial review process, suspends the involved students for 10 games. The suspension is effective immediately and will run through Jan. 24.

This decision effectively ends the St Norbert season.  The administration may just as well formally end all play for the season as well, as St Norbert was not regionally ranked by the NCAA in last season's final rankings. 

Hoopsville will discuss this item first tonight, but this is right up there with the Wheaton (MA) women's soccer team being suspended for the NEWMAC tournament earlier this year because one of the players dressed in "blackface" at a Halloween party with the other teammates accompanying her to the party and attempting to cover it up afterwards.

gbpuckfan

Quote from: deiscanton on December 07, 2017, 05:48:57 PM
Quote from: gbpuckfan on December 07, 2017, 05:05:02 PM
Umm, that's not good:

This decision effectively ends the St Norbert season.  The administration may just as well formally end all play for the season as well, as St Norbert was not regionally ranked by the NCAA in last season's final rankings. 

Hoopsville will discuss this item first tonight, but this is right up there with the Wheaton (MA) women's soccer team being suspended for the NEWMAC tournament earlier this year because one of the players dressed in "blackface" at a Halloween party with the other teammates accompanying her to the party and attempting to cover it up afterwards.

I don't see a reason to end the season. True, nothing to play for in terms of titles, but the players should still get to play the games coming to them, especially the seniors. And, they can play spoiler, for what that's worth, for the other teams,

As I understand it, it wasn't all of the players, but the team wasn't left with enough to play. I feel bad for the innocent ones who are punished as a result.

Mr. Ypsi

Not sure whether they would get a chance to play spoiler.  If I were the MWC (thankfully, I'm not!), I would not count ANY games against SNC as conference games, since they will miss so many  - would create too unbalanced a competition.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is the time of the season when managing practices and games around finals and soon-to-be holiday breaks can be difficult, especially as most conferences have begun in-conference games while there are still non-conference battles on tap.

On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, Dave chats with a number of coaches who have had significant starts to the season, but are now managing their seasons. How are the highs and lows massaged and how to keep student-athletes focused not only on their studies (and finals), but also the game.

Results at this time of the year will be a factor come the end of the season.

Dave will also discuss, and update if able, the breaking news out of St. Norbert where the women's basketball team has been suspended ten games due to a number of players' actions.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show starting at 7:00 pm ET here: http://bit.ly/2ADCaC3.

After the show is over, you can watch it On Demand or listen to the podcast (info below).

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Dan Lukes, St. Norbert Assistant Athletics Director/Athletics Communications
- David Doino, Averett men's coach
- Ken Davis, Lake Forest men's coach
- Klay Knueppel, Wisconsin Lutheran women's coach
- Michelle Filander, Austin women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Per what Dan Lukes said on Hoopsville, enough players were suspended for an alcohol-related incident that it doesn't allow for enough players to suit up for games. Thus the games are canceled until those players can return to play - after ten games; at the start of the second semester.

From what Dan said, this does not appear to be a hazing incident. Just underage drinking, most likely, on a campus that have higher standards than your average school. Furthermore, it does appear the drinking was well in access.

The previous three conference games sound like they will be switched to non-conference games. The remaining games, after the ten-games that were canceled, will be switched to non-conference games as well.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.