FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Quote from: Oline89 on October 08, 2018, 02:28:17 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on October 08, 2018, 01:14:31 PM
Quote from: Bartman on October 08, 2018, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: Bombers798891 on October 08, 2018, 12:50:35 PM
This board has taken a totally bizarre turn this past month or so. Now we're arguing over who said what about the results of a game that took place two years ago. This after a lengthy debate about a brawl from 20 years ago that's very existence has been called into question (complete with demands to see video evidence!). People are digging up old grudges, throwing out sarcasm, making snide remarks left and right, and generally just trying to prove they're smarter than the guy posting above them.

Look, it happens (and has happened) to us all from time to time. Myself included, absolutely. But for some reason, over this past month, the overall tone seems way more combative and rude. And I have to be honest, I almost bid farewell to the board last week. It's really hard to find knowledgable, engaging people to discuss Division III football with, and I genuinely enjoy being able to do so on these boards, but I'm just not interested in wading through some of this stuff to talk about the games themselves.

So I'm on the fence on if I'll stick around, or not. Not that anyone has to care, or behave differently on my account. Do what you may. Just offering my two cents
+K to Bombers for speaking your mind, I enjoy some healthy banter, but I think it would be healthy to move on now.....

I can go both ways on the banter.  I am usually able to just ignore things that don't effect me and can refocus on the football stuff.  Hell, PumpkinAttack just posted one of the biggest all time incoherent rants in the history of the internet and I still think I'm a better person for reading it.

I think the talk about the 1998 Union/Hobart brawl is awesome.  Real glory days type shiz.  Parents, Dlinemen, fans of parents, parents of fans.  Did it happen?  Was Frank R. there?  So many questions.  Not enough answers. 

On to Union.

Nothing better than hearing war stories from the Days of the Giants.  Any post that starts with "back in the day" is sure to kindle some spark in all of us old warriors.  Go home, bust out a double bicep in the bathroom mirror,  test out the old 3 point stance (still got it), look at the free weights, keep walking, bang out 30 mins on the elliptical, earned that extra piece of  cheesecake, hit the couch and Monday Night Football/Yanks Red Sox.  Perfect day

Moving on to week 7....
hey, Oline, were you spying on me?  Looking at the free weights is my favorite....my eyes ache afterwards....as far as Dakota, he can move to the hockey house and hang with all the 24 year olds.......I will be watching Monday Night and rooting for another NFC East loss, to make sure my Giants don't fall too far back....1 loss when everyone else only has 2 would be sweet....Odell keeping his mouth shut and not fumbling a punt is sweeter.......Thursday night against a vulnerable Eagles team....I might even pick up the free weights to get the blood flowing.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Ice Bear

Week # 6 LL Rankings:

1.) RPI (****suckers)
2.) Ithaca
3.) Hobart
4.) Union
5.) SLU
6.) Pill Bugs
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Bartman

Quote from: Dutch Boy on October 08, 2018, 07:52:53 PM
Week # 6 LL Rankings:

1.) RPI (****suckers)
2.) Ithaca
3.) Hobart
4.) Union
5.) SLU
6.) Pill Bugs

DB,
    Agree at this point in the season. Although, Union has a tremendous opportunity to get back on track this Saturday...I am thinking it will be total mayhem and will come down to the Hobart -Ithaca and Shoes game. Whichever team wins the LL will be battle tested, that's for sure, but due to beating each other up the winner will probably become a  lower ranked playoff sacrifice in what should be a true Eastern bracket this year with the strength of Bport, Wesley and Frostburg.....hence the LL title is the prize.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Liberty League Players of the Week:

Co-Offense: Anthony Ferraro, SLU and Ryan Hofman , Hobart (3 times for Hofman in 2018)

Defensive: John Sadak, RPI

Special Teams: Kyle Hackett , Hobart( six weekly awards since last year for this So. Kicker and has never missed a FG to date..three short of Andrew Franks 9 weekly awards)

Rookie: Jamie Battaglia, SLU
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Congrats to Ali Marpet , all of his hard work has been rewarded as he is now 55MM richer......I noticed he does not have a no trade clause, so there is still chance for him to be traded to the Giants ;D
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on October 10, 2018, 08:07:40 AM
Congrats to Ali Marpet , all of his hard work has been rewarded as he is now 55MM richer......I noticed he does not have a no trade clause, so there is still chance for him to be traded to the Giants ;D

Giants?  I thought we wanted the best for Ali?

Bartman

Quote from: Jonny Utah on October 10, 2018, 08:16:10 AM

Jonny, you're right, I am so selfish, but the Giants need help on the line. The Giants were his childhood team...so just hoping.....although with no state taxes in Florida and family living nearby this is a great situation for him. The TB QBs , RBs and fans are lucky to have Ali as a Buc.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on October 10, 2018, 09:39:24 AM

Jonny, you're right, I am so selfish, but the Giants need help on the line. The Giants were his childhood team...so just hoping.....although with no state taxes in Florida and family living nearby this is a great situation for him. The TB QBs , RBs and fans are lucky to have Ali as a Buc.

Random side note, I heard that if Florida based players (Ali Marpet) plays a football game in New York, that Marpet has to pay state income tax in NY for playing there?   Is the opposite true for NY players who play in Texas or Florida? 

Bombers798891

Quote from: Jonny Utah on October 10, 2018, 10:17:05 AM
Quote from: Bartman on October 10, 2018, 09:39:24 AM

Random side note, I heard that if Florida based players (Ali Marpet) plays a football game in New York, that Marpet has to pay state income tax in NY for playing there?   Is the opposite true for NY players who play in Texas or Florida?

I think this is true for all professional athletes

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/fun-facts/taxes-for-the-highest-paid-athletes/L4azI6Bje

Bartman

At least his practices and home games are in Florida(not sure how you allocate practice for taxes...haha).
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on October 10, 2018, 10:33:23 AM
At least his practices and home games are in Florida(not sure how you allocate practice for taxes...haha).

For a funny/inside look at Marpet and the Bucs, take a look at his weekly show:

https://www.buccaneers.com/video/the-ali-and-donovan-show-episode-1

Bartman

OK, only 49 hours before more LL football. I think I am 23-5 this year, so here goes:

Hobart        45          Rochester           14         This could be closer if the Statesmen get large heads from last week's game. They need to show discipline and prepare for the
                                                                      the big chance to upset the Engineers next week

Ithaca         20          Union                 17         This will be another tight ,hard fought battle as Union goes out early 14-0 with two TD passes to Ross, but the Bombers D tightens

up as Gladney ruins the Dutchmen's day and most likely season with a last minute TD catch and bruising run as time runs out.

RPI and the Saints players celebrate another undefeated LL week
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on October 11, 2018, 10:40:52 AM
OK, only 49 hours before more LL football. I think I am 21-5 this year, so here goes:

Hobart        45          Rochester           14         This could be closer if the Statesmen get large heads from last week's game. They need to show discipline and prepare for the

Ithaca         20          Union                 17         This will be another tight ,hard fought battle as Union goes out early 14-0 with two TD passes to Ross, but the Bombers D tightens

up as Gladney ruins the Dutchmen's day and most likely season with a last minute TD catch and bruising run as time runs out.

I agree with the Hobart prediction.  This game has all the hallmarks of a "trap game".  I hope Hobart staff and players figured this out with the loss to Endicott, which will haunt them in the standings for the rest of the year.  They need to come out strong from the beginning, and home field does seem to really motivate this group.  The IC -Union game is tricky.  I like IC on the turf, but travelling and playing a Union squad that should be seriously pissed off presents a wild card.  On paper, it should be IC all the way, but I am going with Union 20-14.  Pretty amazing that this could be a "winner goes home game", even though we are only in the second week of LL play!

Bartman

Quote from: Oline89 on October 11, 2018, 11:08:52 AM
Quote from: Bartman on October 11, 2018, 10:40:52 AM
OK, only 49 hours before more LL football. I think I am 21-5 this year, so here goes:

I agree with the Hobart prediction.  This game has all the hallmarks of a "trap game".  I hope Hobart staff and players figured this out with the loss to Endicott, which will haunt them in the standings for the rest of the year.  They need to come out strong from the beginning, and home field does seem to really motivate this group.  The IC -Union game is tricky.  I like IC on the turf, but travelling and playing a Union squad that should be seriously pissed off presents a wild card.  On paper, it should be IC all the way, but I am going with Union 20-14.  Pretty amazing that this could be a "winner goes home game", even though we are only in the second week of LL play!
Oline,
      I think this could easily go the Dutchmen's way, and frankly since we have the tiebreaker against Union, that would be fine as a Hobart fan. I noticed the game starts 90 minutes after the Boz game, so I will be watching on the feed from FB field for the nail biter finish.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath