Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

Hobart and Roberts Wesleyan go to OT tied at 64.

Fisher increasing their lead now up 77-63 with 4 minutes to play.

sjfcards

Fisher wins by 13 over Brockport. Got down by 5 to start the second half, but controlled the game from that point on. Fisher looked good again tonight, but we will really see what they have against U of R up next.
GO FISHER!!!

magicman

Hobart manages to get by Roberts Wesleyan in OT 81-80.

Friday's games:

Semi-Finals

Hobart vs Nazareth at Rochester    6 PM

St. John Fisher vs Rochester at Rochester  8PM

Consolations

RIT vs Brockport at Geneseo  6PM

Roberts Wesleyan vs Geneseo at Geneseo  8PM

sjfcards

Quote from: magicman on November 28, 2012, 10:11:20 PM

Friday's games:

Roberts Wersleyan vs Geneseo at Geneseo  8PM

Man I love the Wendy's tournament. So much fun to see all of the area teams playing off in the same tournament. The longevity and history of the tournament just make it that much better.
GO FISHER!!!

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: sjfcards on November 28, 2012, 10:14:07 PM

Friday's games:

Man I love the Wendy's tournament. So much fun to see all of the area teams playing off in the same tournament. The longevity and history of the tournament just make it that much better.

I agree though in my head it will always be "The Chase".
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

sjfcards

Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on November 29, 2012, 05:51:56 AM
Quote from: sjfcards on November 28, 2012, 10:14:07 PM

Friday's games:

I agree though in my head it will always be "The Chase".

Yes. The Chase tournament, and it should always be played in the middle of the season, when the seedings can be based on more than a few games.
GO FISHER!!!

Pat Coleman

Scheduling, though, is a little tough because as the E8 and LL have expanded, the conference schedule has gotten longer and it's a little more difficult to justify giving away a week in January with a handful of teams unable to play conference games.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sjfcards

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 29, 2012, 10:29:39 AM
Scheduling, though, is a little tough because as the E8 and LL have expanded, the conference schedule has gotten longer and it's a little more difficult to justify giving away a week in January with a handful of teams unable to play conference games.

I understand, and if that is what it takes to keep the tournament going I am all for it, but I much preferred the later date for the tournament.
GO FISHER!!!

sjfcards

Fisher never quit tonight against a really good U of R team, but could never dig out of a huge hole they dug themselves in the first half. Fisher could not make anything in the first 10-12 minutes, and U of R made a ton of 3's and Fisher was down 40-20 at the half. Fisher was able to cut the lead down to 9 at one point, but U of R made another run, and eventually put Fisher away. U of R by 13.

Hard to judge much from the game for Fisher. I was happy with the way they played in the second half, but the first half was so bad, it is tough to know what team is the real Fisher.

U of R on the other hand looked like the real deal. John DiBartolomo (sp?) was by far the best player on the floor, and had a great game. U of R is really solid.
GO FISHER!!!

Bombers798891

Ithaca dropped the proverbial brick on the accelerator tonight. After sleepwalking through the first half and leading by only four, the Bombers put together one of the most dominant halves I've seen, outscoring Wells 56-28 to win 87-56. Five Bombers scored in double figures, led by Andrei Oztemel with 18 points and 12 rebounds

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: sjfcards on November 30, 2012, 09:36:03 PM
Fisher never quit tonight against a really good U of R team, but could never dig out of a huge hole they dug themselves in the first half. Fisher could not make anything in the first 10-12 minutes, and U of R made a ton of 3's and Fisher was down 40-20 at the half. Fisher was able to cut the lead down to 9 at one point, but U of R made another run, and eventually put Fisher away. U of R by 13.

Hard to judge much from the game for Fisher. I was happy with the way they played in the second half, but the first half was so bad, it is tough to know what team is the real Fisher.

U of R on the other hand looked like the real deal. John DiBartolomo (sp?) was by far the best player on the floor, and had a great game. U of R is really solid.

I wonder how much U of R's success comes from playing in the Palestra.  They have shot lights out in every game except against RIT in the first round of the Wendy's and I think that was at Hobart.

DiBartolomeo was just named one of the top 25 players in the UAA over the past 30 years.  I haven't seen him play in person yet, but plan on going to Clinton next week to watch U of R play Hamilton.
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

sjfcards

Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on December 01, 2012, 07:25:16 AM
Quote from: sjfcards on November 30, 2012, 09:36:03 PM

I wonder how much U of R's success comes from playing in the Palestra.  They have shot lights out in every game except against RIT in the first round of the Wendy's and I think that was at Hobart.

DiBartolomeo was just named one of the top 25 players in the UAA over the past 30 years.  I haven't seen him play in person yet, but plan on going to Clinton next week to watch U of R play Hamilton.

Two really good points. I felt like everything U of R put up from 3 went in. They just didn't miss all night. At the free throw line I don't think U of R missed one, and they shot a lot of them.

I knew DiBartolomeo could score from looking at the box scores, but I couldn't believe how good he was at the defensive (especially his perpensity for getting a steal and a score every I felt Fisher was getting back into the game. He passed well, could take people off the bounce, and scored whenever he wanted to. One of the better players I have seen at the D3 level (for one game anyway).
GO FISHER!!!

sjfcards

Very upset with Fisher's perfomance so far today...come on guys,.
GO FISHER!!!

Cyclone0205

I wanted to stay very quiet as to not jinx it.  And I will kick myself if they go out and start laying eggs.

That being said, I saw all the preseason talk about everyone else but have seen this team twice at my alma maters tournament to start season, and a little team in Hoboken now has 2 wins against Top 25 teams after overcoming a 10 point halftime deficit to beat Williams up at Williams.  Shhh

*Goes back to trying to rock everyone else back to sleep*

dcahill44

Week 2 East Region Power Rankings                                                                             Records
1.Rochester have the best player in the region John Dibartolomeo and have a real good team 8-0
2.Stevens have beat 2 top 25 teams including Williams yesterday 5-0
3.Cortland have beat in my opinion 2 Good Teams in Ithaca and Plattsburgh 5-0
4.NYU lead by Leading scorer Carl Yaffe could have trouble in a real tough conference UAA 4-0
5.Nazerath led By Tyshun Stephens and Brad Ford have played tough teams including Rochester, Buff State, Hobart, St John Fisher 5-2
6.Hartwick hasnt played anyone that good, Jared Sudderly is a very good player ,should be in the hunt for the Empire 8 title. 5-2
7.Buffalo State first 3 games are as tough as anyone and only loss is to Nazerath at home. 4-1
8. Oswego State pretty good team led by Hayden Ward havent played anyone so far besides Plattsburgh and Lost. 4-1
Ithaca, Medaille, Hobart will be in the Mix at the end of the year