Emerson Men's Coach Resigns

Started by Clotpoll, May 10, 2017, 07:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clotpoll

Javi resigned at Emerson last week. Moving to take women's asst position at Syracuse. Good opportunity here for someone young with a different idea. Team actually has surprisingly decent level of quality, with 3-4 exceptional players.

sokermom

Just curious...how much do the D3 college coaches get paid? 

sokermom

jknezek

Quote from: sokermom on May 12, 2017, 12:26:49 PM

Not much of a sample size but here you go:

https://www.nscaa.com/docs/compsurvey/2013-College-D3BothHeadCoaches.pdf

page 6 of 9.  35-60K a year. Not sure of the date on this. But 10 private college coaches responded and it was male and female. Still, about what I expected.

Clotpoll

Yeah. Not huge money, but it's enough to keep a young, hungry coach fed while he launches a career.

Mr.Right

This is a good job for a young assistant coach because of the addition of Emerson to the NEWMAC a couple years ago. I think they got their first NEWMAC victory last season. Not sure if this has been filled yet

Off Pitch

Can anyone confirm whether Javier Mejia-Blau actually left Emerson?  He is still listed as coach on their website, and he is NOT listed for Syracuse.

Clotpoll

He's leaving. Candidate interviews have just finished. Waiting on announcement.

Clotpoll

New coach is Bryan Harkin; was asst. at Tufts last three years.

Ommadawn

Emerson should do well by Coach Harkin.  He played a big part in the success of the Jumbos the past three years.

Mr.Right

He was not on Tufts staff in 2014 when they won it all...I am sure he is a good coach but the accent must have pushed him over the line.

1970s NESCAC Player

Quote from: Mr.Right on July 14, 2017, 11:08:23 AM
He was not on Tufts staff in 2014 when they won it all...I am sure he is a good coach but the accent must have pushed him over the line.

Those Irish accents are tough to resist!   ;D

Ommadawn

It says in his bio that he was there for the 2014 championship. He might have replaced Hobie Hare just prior to the season, if I recall correctly.

1970s NESCAC Player

Quote from: Ommadawn on July 14, 2017, 12:35:06 PM

It says in his bio that he was there for the 2014 championship. He might have replaced Hobie Hare just prior to the season, if I recall correctly.

I was at Tufts' 2014 second round NCAA game against Wheaton in Norton, MA, and I'm pretty sure I saw Harkin there warming up the team.