FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blutarsky

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Alliance+OH+USOH0013:1:US

50% chance of rain on Saturday, with a high around 50.......how will rain effect either team?  The high of 50 degrees is a blessing--have stood through some snow/sleet storms during December games in balmy Alliance.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
                         --Dean Wormer

beenhit2hard

I remember a few when the snow plows were out on the field at 10am still working.I happened to see UMHB in the opener vs Wesley. I was impressed by the team quickness,, and the play of the QB,,the rest of the team is of the caliber you expect to see in the semis,, I well remember the last outing between the two,,that team was more physical than this one,,this one may be quicker .,,but not as quick as Mount !!

pradierguy

Anyone know when UMHB gets into town? Where will they be staying/practicing?

PurpleSuit

Quote from: pradierguy on December 06, 2012, 12:09:49 PM

I believe they are flying in tonight

ohiofan1954

pardon me for just now getting in on this discussion. What injuries does Mt. have? As a Ohio fan I can attest what a lot of injuries can do to the dreams of a dream season. I hope Mt. has not suffered anything close to what my bobcats did this year.

Blutarsky

Quote from: HScoach on December 03, 2012, 10:15:58 AM
^ to the best of my knowledge, Borchert never tried.  Maybe one of the really old guys knows differently

As much as I like the potential guys listed, I don't think any of them possess the freakish physical talent that Garcon & Shorts, and even Kyle Miller, possess.     They're great D3 players, but none of them are bigger, faster or stronger than the rest of D3 to really stand out like Pierre & Cecil did. 

In regards to injuries, I think Tate and TE Stewart are both out.  As well as Denton, Moore, Burke, Skilliter, Driskill, Dieusuel, Fetchko, Scott, etc.   All didn't play the 4th quarter against Widener due to serious injuries.

In regards to potential injuries, please see above post from earlier this week......
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
                         --Dean Wormer

SaintsFAN

I have to think they'll be staying at Holiday Inn in Alliance.  I called to book a room on Sunday night there and they were all booked up.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

theaprof

Quote from: SaintsFAN on December 06, 2012, 01:26:22 PM

I have to think they'll be staying at Holiday Inn in Alliance.  I called to book a room on Sunday night there and they were all booked up.

The hotels in town have been all booked up by the people working for the fracking companies.  It's amazing how many  people are around here from out of town working on those wells.
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

pradierguy

Quote from: theaprof on December 06, 2012, 04:17:07 PM
Quote from: SaintsFAN on December 06, 2012, 01:26:22 PM

The hotels in town have been all booked up by the people working for the fracking companies.  It's amazing how many  people are around here from out of town working on those wells.

It seems like every time I go by the Holiday Inn down by the mall in Belden, the parking lot is full of utility and work trucks.

raiderpa

Usually teams stay in North Canton, Belden Village area.  It is just a three miles from the airport, 25 minutes from Mount Union and has a large number of restaurants. My guess is they will take in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, five minutes from the Belden area.  This is what most teams have done.

ohiofan1954

this is certainly a better weekend this week then last to take in the hall of fame. Maybe I will do the same since the start time is now 200, thanks for the idea.

runk

It's great that the games are on espn 3 but neither my cable provider or ISP have it available. Any ideas?

amonachino

you are able to watch the game on your computer.  Go to the Mount football site and click on video at 2PM and watch the game on your lap top or computer.  Espn 3 is for smaller venues or to compliment as 2nd choice to Espn on occasions. It looks like this   12/8/12
Football
Mary Hardin-Baylor
Mount Union
2:00 PM
NCAA Playoffs - Semifinals Mount Union Stadium
Preview Live stats Live stats Video Audio Tickets

runk

Appreciate that Amon ,but doesn't work with my ISP unfortunately. That is how I usually watch

runk

I would urge anyone else planning to watch online to make sure that their ISP does provide espn3 in advance so that you can make alternate plans if needed. I'm gonna spend some time in the local bars here in Tennessee and try to find one with access tomorrow.