-Central = 20

-Great Lakes = 7

-Mid-Atlantic = 4

-Northeast = 4

-East = 3

-West = 3

-Atlantic = 1

-South = 1

(Lemoyne-Owen, 1975, not in D3 now...not included here.)

Gregory Sager

Expanding upon Bob's chart:

Region  # of titles  Most recent FF  Most recent title
Central    20    2018    2015
Great Lakes      7    2011    2002
Middle Atlantic      4    2016    2001
Northeast      4    2018    2017
East      3    2005    1990
West      3    2018    2018
Atlantic      1    2018    1996
South      1    2015    2006
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

rlgyank

Quote from: rlgyank on March 17, 2018, 12:53:36 PM
Does anyone know if there is somewhere that has the video of the press conference's that happened after the semi final games? Thanks in advance.

To answer my own question, and if anyone else cares, here is a link to the press conferences from the final 4.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Dn5J5l5ipwRWS0ff9cjwLp_OGCliRZZN

Rofrog

Congratulations to Nebraska Wesleyan last time i heard that name was 1988 final four.Yes and I was there.University of Scranton played Ohio Wesleyan for the National title.But Congratulation on a stellar year.

AndOne

It seems that in the locker room at Platteville before the Whitman game, NWU Coach Dale Wellman wrote a message on the board;

To be the best, we have to beat the best.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The 2017-18 season is now complete. Congratulations to Nebraska Wesleyan and Amherst on their Division III national championships!

However, there is still some business to take care of ... we need to wrap up the season on Hoopsville.

Tune in Thursday, March 22 as Dave McHugh is joined by a few guests as we look back at the Championship Weekends along with looking ahead at what should be a busy off-season and exciting 2018-19 season.

Plus, it what may be surprising to some and expected from others, we talk to the now-retiring Mark Edwards of WashU men's basketball. We chat about 37 incredible years and why he feels it is time to walk off the court for good.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 2:00 p.m. ET on Thursday in the video player above.

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues.

Guests include (in order of appearance; subject to change):
- Mark Edwards, No. 15 WashU men's head coach
- Dale Wellman, No. 1 Nebraska Wesleyan head coach (from Sunday's postgame show)
- Tim Fitzpatrick, Coast Guard AD and men's basketball committee chair (from Sunday's postgame show)
- Gordon Mann interview with Emma McCarthy, No. 1 Amherst sophomore forward
- Max Pearce, SUNY Purchase Senior guard participating in the State Farm College Slam Dunk Championship in San Antonio
- Nathan Dennison, VP of Sales at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Fort Wayne, Ind. (from Sunday's postgame show)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We can stop worrying about tournament host opportunities being taken from some schools for items out of their control now: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-supports-federal-sports-wagering-regulation?division=d3
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Smitty Oom

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 17, 2018, 01:42:22 PM
We can stop worrying about tournament host opportunities being taken from some schools for items out of their control now: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-supports-federal-sports-wagering-regulation?division=d3

Will there ever be a point when I can put legally put money down on who is going to win the D3 national championship at a Sports Book? Thanks for taking my call, I will hang up and listen...

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Basically... that's probably up to the sports book. Let's be honest, if they cared they could have offered that already.

nescac1

My guess is, the amount it would cost sports books to find sufficient expertise to accurately set D3 lines is not worth it given the very small amount of action that would be placed on such lines.  Just wouldn't be a very profitable enterprise ...

Greek Tragedy

They come here and they've probably come to the right place.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Too busy right now getting ready for an AFL game (tune into CBS Sports Network at 7:30 PM ET [Albany v Baltimore] and you can hear me in the background as PA Announcer)... but wanted to share this quickly: https://www.gallaudetathletics.com/news/2017-18/atkinson-ncaambchair

Sam Atkinson has been elected as next year's men's basketball committee chair. He is headed into only his third year on the committee. Jarrod would have been a terrific pick as well, but committee went a different direction. Sam has done great for the committee in his first two years. Looking forward to working with him and Jarrod this season.

rlgyank

Just to get some talk going, for the people that have been watching D3 basketball for awhile now, how did you think the officiating was for the 2018 tournament as compared to prior years.? It was the first year of having someone specifically overseeing the officials at the D3 level. As a follower of Nebraska Wesleyan, I have not followed the D3 level that closely until the last couple of years. I thought the officiating was pretty good, and I am not saying that just because NWU won. Now I did not watch many games of the tournament that were not at the site that NWU was playing at, so I am mostly commenting on those 9 games. The officiating was certainly better than what I saw most of the regular season. Were there calls that I disagreed with, certainly, but there will always be some of those. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: rlgyank on July 26, 2018, 12:25:03 PM
Just to get some talk going, for the people that have been watching D3 basketball for awhile now, how did you think the officiating was for the 2018 tournament as compared to prior years.? It was the first year of having someone specifically overseeing the officials at the D3 level. As a follower of Nebraska Wesleyan, I have not followed the D3 level that closely until the last couple of years. I thought the officiating was pretty good, and I am not saying that just because NWU won. Now I did not watch many games of the tournament that were not at the site that NWU was playing at, so I am mostly commenting on those 9 games. The officiating was certainly better than what I saw most of the regular season. Were there calls that I disagreed with, certainly, but there will always be some of those. Anyway, let me know what you think.

I thought the officiating in Salem was more consistent than ever.  Those were the officials hand-picked by the director of officiating.  He did a wonderful job of traveling the country to evaluate in person and build relationships. 
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I thought officiating in the entire tournament, and especially in Salem, was far better than we have been used to. People will complain, but that's because the officiating at the conference levels still needs work - which is the next phase of the entire process.