FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klopenhiemer

Quote from: doolittledog on March 28, 2009, 04:00:51 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on March 28, 2009, 12:35:46 PM
Who will put us on page 1700?

Random thought for the day...to help us get closer to page 1700.  Last night at the Stuffed Olive martini bar there was a napkin that read "Martinis...they're not just for breakfast anymore"  it made me chuckle anyway. 

Walston Hoover...how many days until opening kickoff for the IIAC football season???  I don't trust my math ;)

Before I head to work in the morning I usually drowned a few martinis and then smoke a joint while pulling onto the express way 8)
"If Rome was built in a day, then we would have hired their contractor"

dutchfan1

Quote from: footballdaddy on March 28, 2009, 10:01:32 PM
Looking for my football spectating rear. Softballkid plays first spring ASA game tomorrow and starting temp will probaby be in 40's. At least the sun is supposed to shine. Somehow seems colder watching softball instead of football.

The snow is sticking to the north side of the trees, so hopefully this should be the last snow we have to worry about this season.....right?
A pessimist is a man who feels that all women are bad. An optimist hopes so.

doolittledog

What does Klop win for getting us to 1700???  besides some +k

sportsknight

Iowa's last connection to the NCAA tournament in trouble.  Iowa State women down 5 with a minute to play on ESPN.
"Graduating from college in four years is like leaving a party at 10:30." - Chuck Klosterman

sportsknight

In case you were wondering, the last Iowa tie alive in the men's tourney died with Gonzaga's loss last night.  Former Linn-Mar prep Grant Gibbs is on the Zags' roster, but took a redshirt this year after a November shoulder injury.

Back to back three balls and a couple MSU turnovers have lead to Iowa State taking a 69-68 lead with 22 seconds to play.
"Graduating from college in four years is like leaving a party at 10:30." - Chuck Klosterman

sportsknight

Cyclones survive.  69-68 is the final.  Iowa State with an 8-0 run to close the game.

davedevine

Quote from: Purple Heys on March 28, 2009, 07:43:52 PM
Division II Men's Basketball Final

Findlay 56  Cal Poly Pomona 53  OT

My alma mater just missed...   :)

purple,
i caught the last 10:00 today of that game.  tough loss for your boys.  guy who hasn't scored the entire game gets off a  very tough 3 with < :02  and drains it.

one of my best friends is the asst. coach for SW MN St whom you beat in the Elite 8 game.
I saw MN was winning by 4 @ half against Cal and thought they had a good shot to win.
since they  lost by 5, they obviously had a  rough 2nd half. 

footballdaddy

Actually the balls are yellow now.

Insert your own joke here.
NKD: "We need a f**king touchdown, excuse my French"
FBD: "I didn't know touchdown was French."

DBQ1965

Its not always easy to be a SPARTAN fan ...

and even though I didn't pick them to get to the Final Four ... it is good to be a SPARTAN fan.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

the_mayne_event

Lousiville and Oklahoma just dropped me from 1st to last (of 5) in my office pool
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann

doolittledog

Quote from: the_mayne_event on March 29, 2009, 09:16:36 PM
Lousiville and Oklahoma just dropped me from 1st to last (of 5) in my office pool

And of the 12 of us on here in the tourney challenge.  NONE of us have our champion pick left in the tourney.  I only have 1 of the final 4 and nobody left for the championship game. 

TheOne89.1

Not sure how the points work, but I take it each of semifinal game is worth 160 points?  So it looks like it comes down to UNC vs Villanova.  If Villanova wins the Klop will win the IIAC Forever group, if UNC then I win it.  I think that is how it pans out.  Honestly surprises me a bit.  All my other brackets I am no where near the top.  Guess I should have used this bracket in the league I paid for.
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms" -MIKE DITKA

Thunderbolt

Quote from: TheOne89.1 on March 30, 2009, 12:30:16 PM
Not sure how the points work, but I take it each of semifinal game is worth 160 points?  So it looks like it comes down to UNC vs Villanova.  If Villanova wins the Klop will win the IIAC Forever group, if UNC then I win it.  I think that is how it pans out.  Honestly surprises me a bit.  All my other brackets I am no where near the top.  Guess I should have used this bracket in the league I paid for.

You are correct. If Nova wins its:
1 Klop
2 BBIIAC
3 THEONE

If NC wins:
1 THEONE
2 Purple Heys
3 Klop

Congrats and good luck to the finalists.

sportsknight

Who's going to get last?  Me or TheShow?  We probably ought to stick to picking football games, bud.

DBQ1965

Quote from: Thunderbolt on March 30, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
Quote from: TheOne89.1 on March 30, 2009, 12:30:16 PM

You are correct. If Nova wins its:
1 Klop
2 BBIIAC
3 THEONE

If NC wins:
1 THEONE
2 Purple Heys
3 Klop

Congrats and good luck to the finalists.

Thanks to you two for working that out.  I am numberically challenged so figuring out potential endings escapes me.  I'm just glad we had 12 brave souls playing.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀