WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim the Enchanter

Happy New Year!  May 2019 start the way that 2018 ended for the Lady Royals!

saratoga

I hope the supervisor of officials reviews the three refs in the Scranton/E-town women's game today & deems them unworthy of any future college games.

I have never mentioned the refs in any previous post but I can't ignore the absolutely horrendous job this crew did today.

Clueless is an understatement.

All Etown had to do was drive the lane & it was a foul.

Bottom line...home cooking gave Etown 20 more free throws than the Royals.

That said, the refs were not the reason the Lady Royals had 24 (mostly unforced) turnovers.

As we move into crunch time, taking care of the ball has to be a priority.

Rofrog

Toga; The only way E-town stayed in the game.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The grind of conference play is in full gear. Nothing beats a team up or reveals how good one is like the grind of conference play.

Thursday night on Hoopsville we take a look at the grind and how teams are surviving, surprising, and even impressing as the holidays and the break quickly become a distant memory in the rear view mirror.

The first of the season's "WBCA Center Court" segments also debuts with the dedication of one coach off the court and with her family. UW-Platteville women's coach Megan Wilson talks about her daughter's battle with cancer and the decision to step away from coaching to help her daughter fight.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show, LIVE, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2D0Qd7t

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Pat McKenzie, No. 11 St. John's men's coach
- Ben Stachowski, No. 20 Wabash men's senior guard
- Alyssa Polosky, No. 14 SUNY Geneseo women's head coach
- Megan Willson, UW-Platteville women's head coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Trevor Woodruff, No. 3 Scranton women's head coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

Did I miss the coaches interview.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on January 10, 2019, 09:48:57 PM
Did I miss the coaches interview.

No ... we had tech issues ... and I think there was a file underneath ... it may have not happened at all. We are going through the archive(s) to see what might have actually happened.

If we screwed it up (it was one of those damn nights), we will get Trevor back on the show as soon as we can.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

UPDATE:

I botched it. Completely screwed the pooch. I am terribly sorry, folks. Trevor will probably be fine with it considering his voice was a bit rough, but I am frustrated and disappointed I would make such a mistake.

I am very sorry. We will try and get Trevor on a show very soon to chat again. Trust me, it was a fun interview. :)

lefty2

I always enjoy seeing Trevor on the radio.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: lefty2 on January 11, 2019, 11:20:39 AM
I always enjoy seeing Trevor on the radio.

If only we were doing a radio show ...

saratoga

The Scranton/Catholic women's & men's games will be broadcast on TV in the Scranton-Pocono northeast today on Fox.

Hope Bridget is ready to go  ;).

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on January 12, 2019, 08:01:11 AM

The Scranton/Catholic women's & men's games will be broadcast on TV in the Scranton-Pocono northeast today on Fox.

Hope Bridget is ready to go  ;).

Won't have to rely on the camera operator following the action    ::)

saratoga

Thank God.

Nor will we need to hear the person back at the station giving the 5,4,3,2,1 heads up to Dean when the commercial is ending.

How the Royal broadcasts can be so messed up after all the years of doing them is a mystery.

One would think that the first lesson to be learned when being hired to operate the camera for a basketball game is to follow the action.

Spending 3 minutes texting your friends & leaving the camera stuck in one area of the court while the game is being played should kind of be discouraged.

NEPAFAN

Toga that really bothers you huh?

At least a few more bodies in the building this weekend
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

According to Dave Scranton barely got by Catholic girls .What game was I at then??????

Pat Coleman

Were you at a girls game? I would have thought it was a women's game.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.