BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubs

Quote from: TitanDoubles on January 18, 2017, 04:31:54 PM
Quote from: cubs on January 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
Hmmm....  Those names look familiar from a different legal matter at UWO.  Looks like the Alumni Stadium ordeal might just have been the tip of the iceberg?

http://wbay.com/2017/01/18/uw-system-board-of-regents-suing-former-uw-oshkosh-leaders/
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/759564/08-14-13-lechnir-statement.pdf

Did anyone else catch this from back in November? Shortly after Dorsey stepped down from the Track and Field programs at UWO, the UWO Track and Field Twitter account tweeted out that link. The tweet has since been deleted but some saved the link.
Don't think it is a coincidence that the "Biodigestor" was included in both Coach Lechnir's statement AND the WBAY link from today...  I have a funny feeling this isn't the end of this story.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

BigPoppa

I think we all assumed there was much more to this story when it became clear that a lot of money was missing/diverted from the new stadium project. Still, I feel Lechnir will be a major player in this story before it is done.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 19, 2017, 09:23:37 AM
I think we all assumed there was much more to this story when it became clear that a lot of money was missing/diverted from the new stadium project. Still, I feel Lechnir will be a major player in this story before it is done.
Didn't take WBAY long to connect the dots (although they might have been given some help!!!)

http://wbay.com/2017/01/19/former-uw-oshkosh-baseball-coach-not-surprised-by-lawsuit-over-building-funds/

ShineTime

Has anyone else heard that lechnir was given an astronomical amount of money from uw Oshkosh?  I would say it's deserving.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Just Bill

Quote from: ShineTime on January 21, 2017, 12:10:41 AM
Has anyone else heard that lechnir was given an astronomical amount of money from uw Oshkosh?  I would say it's deserving.
I don't know what you believe to be "astronomical" and I have no specific knowledge, but I'm pretty confident in saying that's not true. Lechnir didn't win his lawsuit, and there's really no evidence that he would have won had it gone to a trial, so there's no reason to believe the UW System would have paid him a large settlement.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

AppletonRocks

Quote from: ShineTime on January 21, 2017, 12:10:41 AM

I doubt that is true.  There would have been a nondisclosure clause in a settlement and Lechnir is chirping now so that would expose that payment if he did.  That is the best evidence I could see that he wasn't paid. 
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

ShineTime

Drive by his house or talk to people who've been inside he's not living the lifestyle he is on his salary.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on January 25, 2017, 11:56:34 PM
Drive by his house or talk to people who've been inside he's not living the lifestyle he is on his salary.
Not a surprise that once again ShineTime is jumping to conclusions and wrong once again.... ::)

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/story/news/education/2017/01/25/ousted-uw-oshkosh-coach-lechnir-seeks-reopen-lawsuits/97040108/

BigPoppa

Quote from: cubs on January 26, 2017, 08:56:26 AM
Not a surprise that once again ShineTime is jumping to conclusions and wrong once again.... ::)

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/story/news/education/2017/01/25/ousted-uw-oshkosh-coach-lechnir-seeks-reopen-lawsuits/97040108/

This is not going to end well.... if Lechnir wins, does he get his job back? A settlement? Both? Neither? Any labor law experts out there that have an idea how this could play out?

TitanDoubles

Could be wrong but I believe his wife is a hospital director.

AppletonRocks

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 26, 2017, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: cubs on January 26, 2017, 08:56:26 AM

This is not going to end well.... if Lechnir wins, does he get his job back? A settlement? Both? Neither? Any labor law experts out there that have an idea how this could play out?

Won't get the job back, would cause the UW to breach contract with current coach--double jeopardy.  There is enough smoke here that he might be smart to settle for some cash and move on....after all, he will, in some people's eyes, turn from villian to victim.  That is probably the best that can happen for Tom after all this.  He should send Wells and  Sonnleitner Christmas cards, that's for sure.  :o
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

BigPoppa

I'd be curious to know when current Oshkosh Head Coach's contract ends and if the timing worked out (we all know this play out a while in the courts), if Lechnir would prefer the job back over a settlement?

TitanDoubles

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 30, 2017, 09:40:36 AM
I'd be curious to know when current Oshkosh Head Coach's contract ends and if the timing worked out (we all know this play out a while in the courts), if Lechnir would prefer the job back over a settlement?
All coaches get (or at least start with) a three year contract and then receive two year extensions. I would be willing to bet that Coach Tomasiewicz signed his extension last season and has two year remaining.

Just Bill

Virtually no one who sues to "get their job back" every actually takes their job back. There's usually too many hurdles and headaches for the employer to overcome, and the employee realizes how difficult it would be to actually go back to the workplace that you sued. So it almost always ends up coming down to a settlement.

The only one I ever heard of, was a teacher who was fired, but won his case. He was reinstated into his teaching job, but placed in a different school in the district because it was such an awkward situation. Even that didn't last, as I believe that he and the district agreed that he would continue searching for jobs until he found another.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

cubs

Quote from: Just Bill on February 01, 2017, 10:35:12 AM

Virtually no one who sues to "get their job back" every actually takes their job back. There's usually too many hurdles and headaches for the employer to overcome, and the employee realizes how difficult it would be to actually go back to the workplace that you sued. So it almost always ends up coming down to a settlement.

The only one I ever heard of, was a teacher who was fired, but won his case. He was reinstated into his teaching job, but placed in a different school in the district because it was such an awkward situation. Even that didn't last, as I believe that he and the district agreed that he would continue searching for jobs until he found another.
Well, according to this article from today, it sounds as if the only way Coach Lechnir will feel vindicated is if he is back in the dugout coaching UWO again.....

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/story/sports/columnists/gary-damato/2017/02/01/damato-plenty-fight-left-ousted-uw-oskhosh-coach-tom-lechnir/97264972/?hootPostID=6123d9968a15ef6c5b289c0dde180316