FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattvsmith

Quote from: Knightstalker on June 06, 2013, 04:03:44 PM
I KS wrong?  I was at the supermarket today buying a few things.  I used one of the self check lines.  As I was packing up my purchases another customer came up and started to ring up his purchases.  I asked to please wait until I was finished.  He look at KS like I was an idiot and got nasty and said don't worry, grow up.  I replied, it is just common courtesy, I was polite do you need to talk like that.  He kept on talking ish and being an a-hole.  The store cashier monitoring the self check lines just stood there with her head up her ass.  Is KS wrong for expecting a little common courtesy or is KS really just a dinosaur out of touch with the world?

You were wrong. The proper response would have been to wrap a heavy can in a bag and swing at his head. With luck you would have turned him into a vegetable.

You were too polite.

Jonny Utah

I KS wrong?  I was at the supermarket today buying a few things.  I used one of the self check lines.  As I was packing up my purchases another customer came up and started to ring up his purchases.  I asked to please wait until I was finished.  He look at KS like I was an idiot and got nasty and said don't worry, grow up.  I replied, it is just common courtesy, I was polite do you need to talk like that.  He kept on talking ish and being an a-hole.  The store cashier monitoring the self check lines just stood there with her head up her ass.  Is KS wrong for expecting a little common courtesy or is KS really just a dinosaur out of touch with the world?

The other guy was wrong, but it would have been great if you could have screwed him up somehow.  Like yanking out the power cord while he was midway through, or claiming that your card was still in the machine because you weren't finished and needed to pay for something seperatly on a different card or something.

Or a bag of peas to the head is a great option too.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: PBR... on June 06, 2013, 12:07:11 PM
Quote from: SaintsFAN on June 06, 2013, 08:42:12 AM
Quote from: Knightstalker on June 03, 2013, 09:48:38 PM
Can't see wasting all that money on something that probably won't last.

SF is on marriage #2. 

Wedding #1 was pretty elaborate (big church, huge reception hall --it was too much) but SF's in laws had hit the state lottery a couple years before and he married a "princess"  ::).  Marriage #1 lasted 8 months total.

Wedding #2 was a small affair at a Country Club where my company's CEO is on the board (ie. FREE).  Kept the guest list small and had a great time.  We paid for everything but $250.. and SF enjoyed that more.

you done well 2nd time round...  ;)

Thank you, sir.  Definitely outkicked my coverage.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

Knightstalker

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on June 07, 2013, 08:13:19 AM

The other guy was wrong, but it would have been great if you could have screwed him up somehow.  Like yanking out the power cord while he was midway through, or claiming that your card was still in the machine because you weren't finished and needed to pay for something seperatly on a different card or something.

KS still has a fair arm and is pretty accurate and thought about the jar of salsa between the eyes.  Then KS realized there are too many cameras in the store.  Besides it was taco night and KS needed the salsa.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

lewdogg11

Quote from: Knightstalker on June 07, 2013, 10:55:27 AM

KS still has a fair arm and is pretty accurate and thought about the jar of salsa between the eyes.  Then KS realized there are too many cameras in the store.  Besides it was taco night and KS needed the salsa.

'And YOU can count on ME waiting for YOU in the parking lot.'

pumkinattack

Tradition is that the Bride's family pays for the wedding.....I'm a traditional type guy. 

To this day, I have no idea how much it cost, but I know someone from the Knot was sent to cover it and my father in law has now endowed two full athletics scholarships at Georgia Tech, so I'm going to assume it was more than I would've spent.  The key in that situation is to make sure you control:

A. Venue
B. Food & Booze
C. Tunes

Everything else doesn't matter. 

AUPepBand

Quote from: pumkinattack on June 08, 2013, 09:12:22 AM
Tradition is that the Bride's family pays for the wedding.....I'm a traditional type guy. 

To this day, I have no idea how much it cost, but I know someone from the Knot was sent to cover it and my father in law has now endowed two full athletics scholarships at Georgia Tech, so I'm going to assume it was more than I would've spent.  The key in that situation is to make sure you control:

A. Venue -- (tent in middle of hayfield with Larry's Latrines nearby)
B. Food & Booze  --  (potluck and plenty of the Baldwin Sisters' Recipe)
C. Tunes -- (Roy Clark and Bobby Thompson on guitar and banjo, respectively)

Everything else doesn't matter.

Party on!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

bman

That is where being able to boot on call, would have been fantastic!  After dressing all of his items, in the contents of your previous meal du jour, you could have then looked him in the eye and said, "I told you to stay back..."

...maybe I need more to do today...:)

dlippiel

Good for you KS taking the high road. It's so hard when you run into people like that (they are everywhere). Let dlip guess were you at Walmart? Anyway as long as people like yourself keep taking that high road hopefully those assholes will never become the majority. It's a lose lose situation though. As adults we just can't engage that **** no matter how much we want to. dlip bets this is a pic of the guy:

TheGrove

SF is on marriage #2. 

Wedding #1 was pretty elaborate (big church, huge reception hall --it was too much) but SF's in laws had hit the state lottery a couple years before and he married a "princess"  ::).  Marriage #1 lasted 8 months total.

Wedding #2 was a small affair at a Country Club where my company's CEO is on the board (ie. FREE).  Kept the guest list small and had a great time.  We paid for everything but $250.. and SF enjoyed that more.

Geez, SF, you're singing my song. My parents paid for wedding #1 (though not to quite that extent, but it was a grand affair). @sshole walked out on me 10 months later.

Mr. TheGrove and I paid for wedding #2 ourselves. Kept it under $7K. It was a good time. Better still, I married a good dude.  ;D

And Pep, you went through the Grove and stopped at DQ??? I could have made FAR better recommendations.  :) And you drive a PT Cruiser? Man after my own heart (I have an '03 GT).

AUPepBand

Quote from: TheGrove on June 15, 2013, 10:17:43 AM

SF is on marriage #2. 

Geez, SF, you're singing my song. My parents paid for wedding #1 (though not to quite that extent, but it was a grand affair). @sshole walked out on me 10 months later.

Mr. TheGrove and I paid for wedding #2 ourselves. Kept it under $7K. It was a good time. Better still, I married a good dude.  ;D

And Pep, you went through the Grove and stopped at DQ??? I could have made FAR better recommendations.  :) And you drive a PT Cruiser? Man after my own heart (I have an '03 GT).

Grove: Yes, DQ....was the first stop (after 3 hours) of an 11-hour trip to NC. Pep was looking for fast fun food....fast. As for Pep's '01 PT Cruiser, Pep always thought they looked like fun. Had looked at a few in the past but they weren't exactly what Pep wanted. Last July, Pep spotted one at a yard sale in the county seat. It had everything Pep wanted....5-speed, sunroof, navy blue, reasonable price. So Pep began driving his "Midlife Crisis Dream Car" and has been loving it, discovering additional cool features since. In fact, if everything works out, Pep will likely embark on a cross-country excursion to California with 19-year-old son in August in the "Personal Transport Cruiser."

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Knightstalker

What the hell is wrong with people?  Anybody live around Clyde, NY that has more on this story?
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-man-says-4-kids-vandalized-home-charged-181132470.html?vp=1

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Knightstalker on June 17, 2013, 03:50:12 PM
What the hell is wrong with people?  Anybody live around Clyde, NY that has more on this story?
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-man-says-4-kids-vandalized-home-charged-181132470.html?vp=1

He should have never lock those kids in the closet regardless of what they did. On the other hand, the young boys should spend the rest of the summer fixing the house up, that would teach them a big lesson.

Knightstalker

Dave Jennings former Giants and Jets punter and Giants broadcaster and St. Lawrence graduate and hall of famer, died at 61 from Parkinsons Disease.  He was also a member of the Giants Ring of Honor.

This a very good column by Mike Lupica a writer that I don't always agree with, but is an outstanding writer.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/lupica-jennings-remembered-giant-article-1.1377263

SaintsFAN

AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2