Lacrosse

Started by drisclaw, July 03, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 28, 2019, 02:08:37 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on May 28, 2019, 10:28:30 AM

mailsy

Fair enough. At the risk of sounding arrogant, you don't really want to play Mount Union in football anyway! But good luck to your lacrosse team next year.  ;D

For argument's sake ... if the NESCAC president's ever decided to release the NCAA Tournament moratorium on football (which I think they should; their reasoning is hypocritical), I think the balance of football power would change and slant more east-ward. NESCAC teams are pretty good right now ... imagine adding "we play for national championships" to the recruiting conversation. The NESCAC has shown how to be very good in a lot of sports ... I think football would no longer be Mount Union's, UMHB's, Whitewater's, etc. to dominate.

d-mac

You might be right. Then again.............  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

amh63

A loose end post.  Today, was looking at graduation photos on the Amherst website.  On the last set of photos was another graduation event at the war memorial overlooking the baseball field, etc.  Prez and the AD were handling out diplomas and canes to the seniors who were playing in NCAA events.  The men's lacrosse team seniors posed for pictures with the runner-up trophy, with their families and friends in attendance...Head Coach too.  In cap and gown, canes etc.   Bright sunny day for the event.
Campus quite before the start of Reunion today.  Had my 55th reunion last Spring...my kids and their families joined me and my wife. ;D

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI - the DIII women's lacrosse all-star game will take place Saturday at US Lacrosse Headquarters in Sparks, Maryland (literally around the corner from my house). DIII game is at 11:30 AM (IWLCA should have streaming info). DII and DI to follow.

There are a good crop of players including a good chunk from NESCAC schools (sorry, no Mount Union rep) and three of the four final four teams has at least one player. The two coaches are Tufts's and Wesleyan's coaches (not sure about assistants).

You might recognize the broadcast team: Monika and myself.

Now back to prep-work.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Vandy74

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 29, 2019, 11:39:48 PM
FYI - the DIII women's lacrosse all-star game will take place Saturday at US Lacrosse Headquarters in Sparks, Maryland (literally around the corner from my house). DIII game is at 11:30 AM (IWLCA should have streaming info). DII and DI to follow.

There are a good crop of players including a good chunk from NESCAC schools (sorry, no Mount Union rep) and three of the four final four teams has at least one player. The two coaches are Tufts's and Wesleyan's coaches (not sure about assistants).

You might recognize the broadcast team: Monika and myself.

Now back to prep-work.

Dave,

So you're saying it'll be a short walk to work on Saturday? :D

Over on the WBB board the thread is DIII HCs moving to DI.  It shouldn't go unmentioned here that longtime Dartmouth women's lacrosse HC Amy Patton, who left a few years back after a very successful 24 year career, joined the Middlebury coaching staff as an assistant coach during the just concluded season.  She missed the collegiate game and wished to reconnect with it in some way.  She had a link with my sister-in-law via an ex assistant coach who had played for Missy, I believe, and was invited to become part of current head coach Livesay's staff.  Patton is currently the HC of the New England Command, defending champions of the Women's Professional Lacrosse League. 

MUC57

d-mac

Thanks for the tip on the all-star game Saturday, even if there are no Mount Union players. Looking forward to your broadcast. You two do a great job. Go All-Stars! ⭐️ 🕦
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: MUC57 on May 30, 2019, 04:08:56 PM

d-mac

Thanks for the tip on the all-star game Saturday, even if there are no Mount Union players. Looking forward to your broadcast. You two do a great job. Go All-Stars! ⭐️ 🕦

Thanks, we enjoy doing the broadcasts and working together.

The games are available On-Demand, by the way.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

Just an FYI...CNU is building a new Lacrosse/Field Hockey stadium. It should be ready in about a month. Finally -- facing North/South...instead of East/West.

tigerball6

Quote from: CNU85 on July 09, 2019, 11:12:41 AM
Just an FYI...CNU is building a new Lacrosse/Field Hockey stadium. It should be ready in about a month. Finally -- facing North/South...instead of East/West.

Tigers shouldn't have a tough time in there this year.  Don't think CNU ever accomplishes what they did in 2018 again. 

Michel Bernstini

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Vandy74

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 29, 2020, 11:21:04 AM
Quote from: Michel Bernstini on January 28, 2020, 04:50:40 PM
FanLax has a good Forum.

Or we could improve the forum here.

Yes we could Dave, and I plead guilty to not posting as much last year as in seasons past.  The fact that I'm enjoying my civilian status in the crowd these days is no excuse.   A big reason it's important to keep this board alive is that most of the attention is paid to the women's game.  Most other forums I've come across have been focused on the men.   In appreciable ways the two games are quite different.   Most posters have been Nescac supporters but  fans from other regions turn up with enough regularity to show the interest is out there.   

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

To say the two games are different ... is an understatement. LOL

I look forward to hopefully calling my fifth ... maybe sixth women's championships this season.

Vandy74

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 29, 2020, 05:27:09 PM

I look forward to hopefully calling my fifth ... maybe sixth women's championships this season.

As someone who has heard you do them all Dave, I certainly hope you and Monika Moore get the return gig in May.  You work well together and have always done a great job.  Naturally, I hope to have a rooting interest in the outcome, but I admit I've been spoiled lately.   

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Vandy74 on January 30, 2020, 02:05:42 AM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 29, 2020, 05:27:09 PM

As someone who has heard you do them all Dave, I certainly hope you and Monika Moore get the return gig in May.  You work well together and have always done a great job.  Naturally, I hope to have a rooting interest in the outcome, but I admit I've been spoiled lately.

Thanks, Vandy. I hope the same. I love working with Monika and we have been doing it in this region for a long time - though, not nearly as much as we used to in the past.

I also hope we are doing it. For the first time in my NCAA broadcast career ... it would allow me to sleep in my own bed. :)

Northern_Explorer

not sure if anyone is going to see this, but College Athletic Advisor did its "Programs That Inspire" top 10's on lacrosse and it's a pretty impressive list:

https://collegeathleticadvisor.com/inspire/

Men's Top 4:
1. Salisbury University (MD, NCAA Division 3)
2. Le Moyne College (NY, NCAA Division 2)
3. Wesleyan University (CT, NCAA Division 3)
4. Tufts University (MA, NCAA Division 3)

Women's Top 5:

1. Middlebury College (VT, NCAA Division 3)
2. Adelphi University (NY, NCAA Division 2)
3. Salisbury University (MD, NCAA Division 3)
4. Gettysburg College (PA, NCAA Division 3)
5. West Chester University (PA, NCAA Division 2)