Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesleydad

looks like a nice and makes sense schedule.  just would like to see wesley be able to pick up some good D3 games and after watching this weekend, Hobart would certainly qualify in my opinion.

Ralph Turner

Thanks to Just Bill for the link...

UAA members affiliate with other conferences...

Quote...
The affiliate membership begins in the fall of 2015  (italics added) and includes all the rights and privileges provided to other football participating institutions in the SAA.

While Washington University and Chicago will affiliate their football programs with the SAA fellow University Athletic Association (UAA) members, Case Western Reserve University and Carnegie Mellon University will become affiliate members of the President Athletic Conference (PAC).

With this affiliation, the SAA will have its Pool A bid by then, and it takes pressure off Oglethorpe and Hendrix to add football!

The status of the other "orphans" (Huntingdon which was left behind in the dissolution of the GSAC, plus Trinity and Austin College from the SCAC) is still undetermined.
Pool B is going away!

SUADC

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 13, 2011, 12:10:00 PM

Quote...
The affiliate membership begins in the fall of 2015  (italics added) and includes all the rights and privileges provided to other football participating institutions in the SAA.

While Washington University and Chicago will affiliate their football programs with the SAA fellow University Athletic Association (UAA) members, Case Western Reserve University and Carnegie Mellon University will become affiliate members of the President Athletic Conference (PAC).

With this affiliation, the SAA will have its Pool A bid by then, and it takes pressure off Oglethorpe and Hendrix to add football!

The status of the other "orphans" (Huntingdon which was left behind in the dissolution of the GSAC, plus Trinity and Austin College from the SCAC) is still undetermined.
Pool B is going away!

Agree, 100% with your post. I just hoping the other Pool B teams can find a home. However, with UAA teams joining conferences, I can see in the near future that othe Pool B candidates will be fighting hard to join conferences now.

ExTartanPlayer

Quote...

Pool B is going away!

Wow!!! I had no idea that the UAA schools had this in the works.

Makes sense from pretty much all sides.  The UAA schools will continue to play each other in nonconference games, and now they'll have access to an AQ in their respective conferences.

Re: CMU, I know that they used to play in the PAC (before I was there...mostly before I was born, actually), but we did play several PAC schools in nonconference games.  It makes a lot of sense from a geographic and from a competitive standpoint.

I don't think Pool B "going away" is really a big deal.  Basically, you can just dump those teams into what currently constitutes Pool C.
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

smedindy

So what will the SCAC do now? Where does Wesley go?

Pat Coleman

Quote...

Pool B is going away!

And Southwestern.

http://www.d3football.com/notables/2011/12/uaa-teams-split-into-conferences
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

SUADC

I was bored at work. So I decided to come up with a solution to Wesley and Huntingdon possibly joining a conference. I think this could go into effect after this upcoming season. I know there are many factors and issues with conference alignment and the sorts. But, like I said I was bored so this is what I have to say.

I think the USA South Conference should invite both Wesley and Huntingdon into the conference, as well as invite Salisbury*, Frostburg*, and Newport News Apprentice** to join the confernce and split it into two divisions.

USA South (N)                          USA South (S)
Wesley                                             NC Wesleyan
Salisbury*                                         Huntingdon
CNU                                                 Maryville (Tenn.)
Ferrum                                              Averett
Frostburg State*                                LaGrange
Shenandoah***                                 Methodist
Newport News Apprentice**                 Greensboro 

*Subject to Empire 8 Contract
**Not considered NCAA institution
***Leaving for the ODAC

jknezek

Shenandoah is a member of the ODAC in all sports starting next year. They have wanted to be in the ODAC for years and you can bet they won't be going anywhere. The ODAC might be willing to release Catholic, who is an associate member for football only, although I think the ODAC is pretty happy having 8 teams for football for scheduling purposes going forward.

Ralph Turner

Working draft...

Pool B in 2013.

MASCAC -       9    --Bridgewater State, Fitchburg State, Framingham State, Massachusetts Maritime, Westfield State and Worcester State; affiliate member institutions Plymouth State, Mass-Dartmouth and Western Connecticu
SAA                6    -- Berry, Birmingham-Southern, Centre, Millsaps, Rhodes, Sewanee
SCAC              4    --  Austin College, Southwestern, Texas Lutheran, Trinity
Independents   5   -- Huntingdon, Finlandia, Macalester, Presentation, Wesley
UAA                4   --  Chicago, CMU, CWRU, WashSTL

Any others?

Pat Coleman

We may not have Finlandia. They seem to be having trouble. Definitely not taking the field this year.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hickory_cornhusker

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 16, 2012, 07:58:46 PM
Working draft...

Pool B in 2013.

MASCAC -       9    --Bridgewater State, Fitchburg State, Framingham State, Massachusetts Maritime, Westfield State and Worcester State; affiliate member institutions Plymouth State, Mass-Dartmouth and Western Connecticu
SAA                6    -- Berry, Birmingham-Southern, Centre, Millsaps, Rhodes, Sewanee
SCAC              4    --  Austin College, Southwestern, Texas Lutheran, Trinity

Any others?

If this ends up right thats 29 teams. That's gonna be at least 2 bids. Probably 3 because I doubt the Pool A access ratio will be above 9.67.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hickory_cornhusker on February 17, 2012, 01:47:24 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 16, 2012, 07:58:46 PM
Working draft...

Pool B in 2013.

Any others?

If this ends up right thats 29 teams. That's gonna be at least 2 bids. Probably 3 because I doubt the Pool A access ratio will be above 9.67.
I count 28 with Finlandia.  That would be 9.33. I think that that is 3 bids

smedindy

Fair or not, in 2013, it'll be win your league (or finish with one loss in the OAC or WIAC) or go home.

Ron Boerger

Add one more SAA school - Hendrix says they're starting in 2013. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger on February 24, 2012, 11:35:25 AM
Add one more SAA school - Hendrix says they're starting in 2013.
http://www.hendrix.edu/athletics/content.aspx?id=56679

I am not doubting you...
I just wanted to see for myself!