BB: GSAC: Great South Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 11, 2006, 02:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Welcome aboard, GSAC!

Pat Coleman has graciously allowed me to moderate the Baseball Message Boards.  These message boards will provide hyperlinks to school and conference websites and to other pertinent web sites and news releases.  Pat will not be providing news, but we fans have the chance to talk D3 Baseball.

Thanks to Matt Grubb has volunteered to monitor the GSAC Baseball Board!

PLAY BALL!!!

mattgrubb

Let's get ready b/c the  grubby one will have the lowdown on the fighting scots baseball team

Tezbaseball

Interesting site. You can see by where a MLB player went to school.

http://baseballreference.com/schools/
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it

mattgrubb

the fighting scots have a freshman first baseman who is supposed to be pretty good, we will see, but Jason Lambert, yes the son of Coach Randall D. Lambert is ready to go, like father like son, he is ready to dominate

Dirty_South

"A freshmen 1B will be pretty good?"

Ladies and gents Mel Kiper with his expert anaylsis...come on you can do better than that!!

mattgrubb

Don't ever compare me to a TV guy, i have much more intelligence than that, everyone knows baseball players are not the smartest people you have ever met and that was their report
As is read at a restaurant in Memphis, i have got some dirty south for your mouth

mattgrubb

the scots are 1-5 and for some reason can't wait to get their hands on Emory

mattgrubb

well my scots are on their spring break trip, typical season, but as long as there is a Lambert on the field there is always a chance

mattgrubb

rumor has it the scots will have a new coach next season

mattgrubb

there has been a coaching change for the scots, no new coached named yet

Blang

I'm sorry to hear of Coach Etchison's departure.  I'm a 5th year senior for Emory baseball and have enjoyed competing against Coach Etchison.  I have as much respect for him as any coach I have come across in my170ish DIII baseball games played.  In the past I know he has served as the head of the South regional committee, and I believe did an outstanding job.  He has always had a very stellar reputation.  I'm surprised by his departure, and any team looking for a coach should be licking their chops.  Did the tough year Maryville had contribute to his departure?  I sure hope the decision was his and not the Athletic Directors, b/c if he got fired that a travesty.

Highlander

Released in the Maryville Paper that Coach Etch has retired to become the full time Director of Sports Information at Maryville College.
RIP Cody Bowers 11/19/2007

wilburt

Quote from: Tezbaseball on January 22, 2006, 12:28:57 AM
Interesting site. You can see by where a MLB player went to school.

http://baseballreference.com/schools/

Cool info. Since baseball at Fisk really sucks right now check this out.  The Father (Dr. Charles Jeter) of NY Yankee All-Star shortstop Derek Jeter played shortstop for Fisk University and is a graduate of Fisk (Class of 1970 - I think).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/features/si50/states/michigan/essay/
Fisk University: Founded by Missionaries, Saved by Students.

Six time SIAC Football Champions 1913, 1915, 1919, 1923, 1973 and 1975.

Six NFL draft picks and one Pro Bowler!

njlincolnlion

wilburt:

Great find on Derek Jeters Dad and the FISK connection.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

NCWC

Anybody at the Huntingdon-NCWC match up today?
16 USA South/ Dixie Conference titles, 12 Regional titles, 2  World Series titles