FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderpa

B-W could salve their wounds from the ONU loss by beating the Blue Streaks and keeping them out of an opportunity to get into the post season.  I would be pushing this big time if I were a BW guy. Personally, I would prefer to see two OAC squads in the post season if possible.

edward de vere

With only five at-large bids available, John Carroll might not get in even with a win.

bluestreak66

Ugh. Don't remind me. Really pulling for UST and Coe this weekend.
If Bethel gets knocked out, and Wartburg takes the ARC Pool A, that makes it an easier wait
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

edward de vere

Quote from: MUC57 on November 10, 2019, 07:26:35 AM

Dr. Dick Doyle, Proffessor of History. Right?  ???

Do I win? Huh? Huh? Huh?   ;D

Dr. Richard Doyle, indeed.

Yes, you win, win, win!

You may collect your booty from my solicitor John Jarndyce on Main Street in Alliance, Ohio. 

(Once all the tees are crossed and the eyes are dotted, of course.)

You have this in official Intertubes writing.

pradierguy

Danny Harris transferred down to Mount from somewhere in the Jorris/Micheli era. Want to say I-AA or D2.

MUC57

Quote from: edward de vere on November 12, 2019, 03:55:44 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on November 10, 2019, 07:26:35 AM

Dr. Dick Doyle, Proffessor of History. Right?  ???

Do I win? Huh? Huh? Huh?   ;D

Dr. Richard Doyle, indeed.

Yes, you win, win, win!

You may collect your booty from my solicitor John Jarndyce on Main Street in Alliance, Ohio. 

(Once all the tees are crossed and the eyes are dotted, of course.)

You have this in official Intertubes writing.

Edward

I'm underwhelmed!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

purple

Dr. Richard Doyle was a demanding, exacting professor who got the best out of his students, even when they did not think themselves capable of meeting his high standards. One tends to remember the most demanding of their coaches, directors and teachers, and thank them. He was a great educator.
  Did I mention D'Angelo Fulford still is the nations leading passer? Let the nattering nabobs of negativity have at my karma.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

edward de vere

Quote from: purple on November 12, 2019, 07:54:28 PM
  Dr. Richard Doyle was a demanding, exacting professor who got the best out of his students, even when they did not think themselves capable of meeting his high standards. One tends to remember the most demanding of their coaches, directors and teachers, and thank them. He was a great educator.

My first ever + karma for Purple.

(Note:  Professor Doyle was not actually that demanding.  All he asked was that you understand the material.  I thought then and still do that any students who complained were an embarrassment to higher education.)

edward de vere

Quote from: purple on November 12, 2019, 07:54:28 PM

Did I mention D'Angelo Fulford still is the nations leading passer? Let the nattering nabobs of negativity have at my karma.

Unless I am mistaken (which happens - but rarely) the minimum average pass attempts to qualify is 15 per game played by the team.

If there were a second category of 6-14 attempts per game, Braxton Plunk would probably lead THAT category since his rating is 211.15.

Couldn't tell you for 1-5 attempts per game. . . .   ;D

gizzmo13

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on November 11, 2019, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: HScoach on November 11, 2019, 12:41:04 PM
Quote from: gizzmo13 on November 11, 2019, 11:35:00 AM
Well the nice thing is , atleast regular season the back up qb is gonna get a decent amount of reps each game. So it's not like he's just gonna be a fixture on the sideline. I'm really surprised all these years we've never really had a semi big name qb transfer.

Rod Adamson.

Im confused by the comment, big name transferring in to Mount or away from Mount. Also Rob Adamson was a transfer

i said semi big name.. for example, like Brett Elliot from Utah transferred to Linfield. that type of transfer.Maybe a Qb that saw time at a big school. Osu back up Chugginaw( i cant spell) a player like that for an oppurtunity to win a champioship and not be seocord or 3rd string at a big school.

Desertraider

Someone needs some quotation lessons. Adamson was at Mount and transferred to Malone and then back. As far as big name ones I cant think of any. All of them went to Keeler  8-)
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

bluestreak66

Looks like John Carroll may jump to 3rd in the region if they win Saturday!  :o
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

USee

The NCAA has issued a correction. JCU is now #5 and Hope bumps to #4

1 Mount Union 9-0
2 Wheaton 9-0
3 North Central 8-1
4 Hope 8-1
5 John Carroll 8-1
6 Aurora 8-1
7 Wabash 7-2
8 Olivet 8-1
9 Hanover 8-1
10 Baldwin Wallace 7-2

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: desertraider on November 11, 2019, 09:28:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Battlescars on November 11, 2019, 09:26:56 PM
Where was Ballard before he transfer to Mount Union? And how many years of eligibility did he still have?

He was at Wilmington for a year.

LK recruited Jim Ballard and from what I heard Jim wanted to go to Mount Union until his dad got transferred out of the area to I think to maybe Mansfield or some other place. Jim went to Wilmington his freshman year and after his parents divorce he moved back to Cuyahoga Falls with his mom and transferred to Mount Union. Larry was excited to welcome him.  The rest is history.