WBB: USA South Conference

Started by Mike Stanley, March 09, 2004, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Stanley

No one else has said it yet, so ---
Great season Lady Captains

Joe Titration

Chowan women's coach, Scott Groniger has resigned to take a coaching position in Memphis, Tn.

Ralph Turner

I seldom like new mascots, especially those which are influenced by PC motives.

However, Peace has done a great job with their new mascot (to alleiviate any confusion with the other "Pride").

http://www2.ncaa.org/media_and_events/association_news/ncaa_news_online/2004/09_13_04/division_iii/4119n14.html">Peace Pacers

missing basketball

Greensboro is predicted to finish first in the conference.  Any bets on POY?  My pick is Tia Saunders at Peace. She is a dominant player.

Ruthanne Clark

Kim Enoch should of won it out right

missing basketball

I think that you are right Ruthanne...Enoch was the best player in the conference.  However, she missed 4 conference games and that is probably what killed her chances.

d-mac

It's time for the Big Dance... the teams are selected... the games are scheduled... and now 48 men's and 50 women's teams will take to the court this weekend with the same goal... a national title.
But who will win? The tournament previews are tonight on "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville"!!!

Sunday night we were live when the teams were selected and we found out who was in and out. The women's bracket was done relatively well... the men's bracket seems to be a bit of a disappointment.

But now we are looking ahead at the big games this weekend. From now on its win or go home.

One of those men's teams that is one of the hottest in the nation is #17 Gustavus Adulphus... who is riding an 18-game winning streak into the NCAA Tournament. The Gusties now will take on Lawrence on Thursday and could face the defending National Champs, UW-Stevens Point on Saturday. So, what might Mark Hanson be thinking. We will hear from him tonight and how his team has recovered from their 4-5 start to the season.

Now... the NCAA doesn't seed the Men's and Women's Brackets... but we will!
Tonight, live on the air, we will seed the men's and women's brackets according to how we see it and how we think the NCAA was thinking. So you can get an idea of who the NCAA thinks are the top teams and who might be hosting games in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 (Regionals).

And there are new #1 teams in both the Men's and Women's Top-25 this week... but barely. UW-Stevens Point is just points ahead of Amherst on the men's side. And on the women's, it is just a point between Scranton and Bowdoin.

We will breakdown the final regular season Top-25 and try and figure out what the voters were thinking. Along with pointing out how not all of the Top-25 made the tournament.

And of course, we will have live regional reports from around the nation and take your questions and comments live on the air.

So come join us online and LIVE from 8PM - 10PM Eastern!

"http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville": only place where you can listen or chat about Division III Basketball in the nation.

Go to the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for information on how you can listen in and chat with us live!

complete package

Congratulations Greensboro Pride Women's Basketball on a fabulous season!!!

complete package

Congratulations Jason Tuggle {USA South Conference Women's Basketball Coach of the Year} to you and your coaching staff {Randy Tuggle and Amanda Clark} on a tremendous season!!!

complete package

missing basketball- A final thought regarding a player who did not receive Player of the Year honors. Kim Enoch's individual accolades  for 2004-2005 season are as follows:

18 points per game

13 rebounds per game

double-double for points and rebounds in 17 of the 22 games she played

D3HOOPS.COM Team of the Week {Jan.24-30,2005}

USA South Conference First Team

Conference Tournament MVP

D3HOOPS.COM All-South Region First Team

missing basketball

Complete Package...I totally agree that Enoch was the best player in the league.  But, when you miss 4 conference games it does hurt your chances.  I don't think that anyone disagrees that she's the best player.

narch

i heard a rumor that enoch (and a high percentage of others) would not (or could not) be back at gc...any truth?

insideoutside

Narch.... I think it's accurate to say it is what it is.... just a rumor.

2122rspc

However, I too have heard these rumors...from a very reliable source...that only 2 of the top 7 players from last season will be returning for GC

narch

Quote from: insideoutside on August 24, 2005, 05:53:44 PM
Narch.... I think it's accurate to say it is what it is.... just a rumor.
...hmmmm - looks like the rumor proved to be true...greensboro pride women's hoops roster